PDA

View Full Version : My cat, aka Lassie

trinity
12-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, I've just learned my cat HAS a use after all that doesn't include tripping me and stealing my bed when I get up to go potty :-)
I got up today, put my electric kettle on and went to lie back down while it boiled. Then I decided I didn't want tea anyway so I didn't give it any thought. I have one of those automatic shutoff kettles so I didn't worry. After a few minutes my cat starts running -she ran from the kitchen to my bedroom, stared at me, ran back down the hall to the kitchen and back to my bedroom. This went on for a few minutes. Since she is a bit of a loon anyway, I just figured she had seen another mouse and let it get away. I finally got up and found that the lid to my kettle had not been closed tightly and it had boiled dry. The steam had condensed under my cupboards and the water was puddling all over the counter, and the kettle was hissing and spitting. Apparently this is what she was trying to tell me, running around like "Timmy fell down the well! Timmy fell down the well!" Maybe I should listen next time.

puppyluv
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
snicker.....sounds like a good kitty to me!;)

Trey
12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
I love hearing stories about this kind of stuff.

Now on the other hand I never had a cat like that mine were always to trip me and such!

toodles
12-20-2006, 08:09 AM
well i have to tell you a true story about my cat! my husband was playing with the cat the other day, using a watch to make the shinny spots on the floor so she can chase them. She played for hours chasing these all over the room. MY husband put the watch down on the end table, and did't bother with her for a couple of days, the other day he was sitting on the couch, when the cat came over to him meowing at at, he couldn't figure out what she wanted, so she went to the end table and put her paws up and batted the watch, she wanted him to play again with the shinny spots. I thought that was so smart for a cat to remember that!

harbourchick07
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
i now this is an old thread but what the hey lol
My cat Z (as i call him) thinks he is a dog and has ever since he was little. It all started the day i went to my friends for the night and took him with me. i didn't want my mom to give him away. Well anyway i had fallen asleep on the floor in her room and the kitten was sleeping on my back. The next thing i new i was being woke up to screams lol. my friends were going to try and wake me up and the cat didnt like that to much he was growling and baring his teeth at them and continued to do this throughout the night lol. it was quiet funny amd we even tried telling him he was a cat lmao. He still is very protective of me, my boyfriend was playing a game on new years and the cat was lying on me ( i was hungover lol) and when my boyfriend tried to lean over to cuddle with me my cat growled at him and sprawled out the length of me and rested his head on my but. lol hes quiet the character lol.