PDA

View Full Version : My computer died!

trinity
04-18-2007, 02:52 AM
No, not the one I'm using, I am at work now. I was using it last night, playing a game, not online. My spysweeper program tried to start to run its scheduled sweep but it gave an error message that said there were not enough system resources free. I thought that was odd as I was only playing offline sudoku, nothing else running, not even MSN. So I restarted my computer, and it froze in the shutdown process and I have not been able to bring it back since. I have tried the restore disk, tried to start in safe mode, tried to go into the setup-nothing. It goes so far and then stops. I need an answer by 7 am when I am done work, otherwise I have to take it to a computer place right away, it is needed by Thursday to do some office work at home.

paak
04-19-2007, 05:42 AM
first guess is that the hard drive died

SaskSask
04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I have come a cross a couple of computers like this...in the last few weeks. Think HD was dead...decided to run some tests on it via another computer in windows as a secondary HD. Windows on boot wanted to do scan disk on it...would find some errors...fix the errors, no bad blocks. I'd take it...put it back into computer the HD belonged...and would be pleasantly/surprised (it isn't usually that easy). It booted into windows no problem and worked fine.
I would be suspicious of the HD for awhile though.