PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Jobs

Shattered
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Do they do drug testing at the post office?

Pumpkin
04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
haha I just heard that today, I heard they do, dont take my word for it tho, you may want other input!

The_Dave
04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Most government agencies do drug testing, but if you are in a union, the union may not allow this. If you are applying for a job, it is your right to refuse as they could use the results of the tests for other purposes, ie, insurance and health reasons, but you may not get hired.

rubycshells
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
They do not...only a criminal check.

kaj27
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Free Tip.

Don't do drugs.

Sandra McIllwraith
04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't think they drug test, because my mailman never puts the right mail in my mailbox! lol

Mandi
04-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't think they drug test, because my mailman never puts the right mail in my mailbox! lol

Me neither! I've been waiting for a new medicare card for almost two months now. o.0 I think they should drug test, but I'm almost possitive that they don't.

Krash
04-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Most government agencies do drug testing, but if you are in a union, the union may not allow this. If you are applying for a job, it is your right to refuse as they could use the results of the tests for other purposes, ie, insurance and health reasons, but you may not get hired.

they are not government. i work in the post office. and no they dont do drug tests

Mandi
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
they are not government. i work in the post office. and no they dont do drug tests

The post office isn't governmnt run? I have thought it was for so long. My life is a lie.

rhiley_08j
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't think that employer should be able to do pre-employment drug testing. My employer only does them if you have been involved in a workplace accident, to determine if you were under the influence. Personally I think that what a person does on their own time is their own business, not their employers.

kaj27
04-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't think that employer should be able to do pre-employment drug testing. My employer only does them if you have been involved in a workplace accident, to determine if you were under the influence. Personally I think that what a person does on their own time is their own business, not their employers.

But who's to say you didn't get high or drunk before work? I fully agree with drug testing and random checks.

I have nothing to hide.

HorsepowerGuy
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Free Tip.

Don't do drugs.

i concur

i think every employer should do pre hiring and random testing , , last thing i need is a crack head drivin truck or heavy machinery around me. you say its on their own time, long term effects do exist , we all had that one stoner in our class in high school who had already done enough dope to be mentally challenged enough to sound like beavis and butthead