PDA

View Full Version : What a rip off!

chevygirl
04-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I am looking for people that went to see Romane Lastnight. Are you smoking today? I am . How disappointing.
I went with all intentions of never smoking again. I thought that it was working after the first Hypnosis. Then after the second time I felt like I needed a smoke more then ever. I really thought that it was going to work.
I should have posted along time ago to request feedback from others that have already gone. I did ask around and a lot of people said they new someone that went and they never smoked again.
I wish I had of done what that guy did when he stood up and called the whole thing a sales pitch. I should have gotten my money back the. How disappointing. Cause I was really ready. It just seemed like I wanted it more. Oh well I guess I will have to try the patch AGAIN.
Too all of you that went and succeeded .......Congratulations

kaj27
04-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Of course it didn't work. You weren't in on the scam!

puppyluv
04-15-2007, 08:42 AM
My dad tried Hypnosis a number of years ago..and it worked for a l time with him (a year or so)..what about going to one locally and trying it?

Mandi
04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
My dad tried a 'faith healing' thingy where the man said he was cured from smoking, he was fine for the first two weeks, and then grouchy, then went back to smoking, but he has an extreme addictive personality. I think things like hypnosis could work.

The_Dave
04-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Can you say SCAM. It is a shame that they allow people to hold seminars that con people into thinking they will never smoke again. Pardon the pun, but it is a smoke screen. They get you there and you pay $85, then they try to sell you their tapes, books, and lavendar incense (for hundreds of dollars) to make you think that this all helps. SCAM! The man who stood up and left was probably in on the whole thing. "The Mark", just to make it look legit they offer you an out before it all starts and one person will stand up and leave, giving the legit appearance. They play on people, they know that most people will not stand up in a room full of people and walk out because that makes the whole room pay attention to that person leaving and most people do not like that kind of attention. SCAM. Buy the patch, it works. But you have to want to quit.

100 people at $85 dollars a shot = $8500, not bad for 3 hours work, plus the sell their tapes and books and stuff. Man oh man, I should become a hypnotist.

t-bone
04-15-2007, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=The_Dave;81395] Buy the patch, it works. But you have to want to quit.
QUOTE]
Well, I gotta agree with the Dave on this one. Did the patch thing and have been off the smokes for 10 years last month. The people that invented the patch should be given some kinda Nobel prize.

care1978
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
i tihnk the only way for someone to quit is to just do it cold turkey, that is how i did it, i removed everything from my home that had to do with smoking, and when i woke up the next day i never smoked again, mind you, i had some crazy dreams where i could smell and taste it, and in my dreams i was smoking, but that is just the brain trying to convince you to smoke again. all you need is a little will-power and you should be fine... and the best part is... its free!
good luck i know it can be hard.

jkennedy
04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
I also thought it was working after the first round. I really feel like an idiot today. I spent an extra $70 on the stupid CD's. I am however smoking less than normal but that is attributed more to the Resolve lozenges than the scam artist. They aren't doing much either but I'm trying to gradually ween off. Cold turkey makes me CRANKY.

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 03:34 PM
i tihnk the only way for someone to quit is to just do it cold turkey, that is how i did it, i removed everything from my home that had to do with smoking, and when i woke up the next day i never smoked again, mind you, i had some crazy dreams where i could smell and taste it, and in my dreams i was smoking, but that is just the brain trying to convince you to smoke again. all you need is a little will-power and you should be fine... and the best part is... its free!
good luck i know it can be hard.*bows at your feet in envy of willpower*
Hunny if you can quit smoking cold turkey you can do anything! I am not being sarcastic, but very genuine. :D

A good idea for the government to cut back on smoking would be to stop selling pre-rolled ciggs. This may help people's will power, don't you think?

paak
04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
My Mom went to one almost 20 years ago. She was smoking 2-1/2 packs a day. She hasn't had one since.

Guess it just depends on the person. Then again, If people are yelling "its a scam" in your ear, of course you will have doubts..and it won't work. Its the power of suggestion - ironic isn't it?

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
My Mom went to one almost 20 years ago. She was smoking 2-1/2 packs a day. She hasn't had one since.

Guess it just depends on the person. Then again, If people are yelling "its a scam" in your ear, of course you will have doubts..and it won't work. Its the power of suggestion - ironic isn't it?Very good point. For anything like that to work you have let down your inhibitions and egos and be open to it.

matthew6992
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
i think u really have to be ready to quit , i have been off them now two months and i still have my days , i quit cold turkey when i got sick and in the hospital it helped alot not be able to get up for one . good luck to all who are trying u can do it have faith in your self !!!!!!!!!if i can after 22 years any one can .

care1978
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
*bows at your feet in envy of willpower*
Hunny if you can quit smoking cold turkey you can do anything! I am not being sarcastic, but very genuine. :D

A good idea for the government to cut back on smoking would be to stop selling pre-rolled ciggs. This may help people's will power, don't you think?
yup, i agree, or since they are virtually banning smoking everywhere, just stop selling cigs alltogether ;)
course this would never happen lol
it isnt easy to do, believe me there, i can remember having those dreams after not smoking for 8 months, they just sneak up on ya randomly.

care1978
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Guess it just depends on the person. Then again, If people are yelling "its a scam" in your ear, of course you will have doubts..and it won't work. Its the power of suggestion - ironic isn't it?
yeah you are right, i know something like that would never work for me becasue i cant be hypnotized, you are supposed to clear your mind... problem with me is i would be thinking about clearing my mind, so my mind would never be clear :rofl:

Crystalbeach
04-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Anything can help you quit smoking...but you have to want to..I smoked 2 pkgs a day for over 40 years and quit 7 years ago..
I used Zyban..it worked for me but I was ready to quit..

livnlern
04-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I also quit 7 years ago on my birthday,(cold turkey).best thing I ever did after smoking for 26 years it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.I owe it all to my husband he was all the wilpower I needed.I have not wanted one since,my sister is the only one left in the family that smokes everyone else has quit.When she is ready,hopefully she will too.

tred816
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Of course it's a ripoff!!! Breaking a habit such as smoking is not easy, and some people will only try the easy way. Suck it up and quit, people do it all the time.

Either you never smoked or you're insensitive.

She's not complaining about trying to get off easy! She got scammed!

The_Dave
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with RogerSlaughter

vanessalynn5484
04-16-2007, 06:13 PM
To The_Dave
You simply must learn how to form an opinion:rolleyes:
*sarcasm*
lol :rofl:

tred816
04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
lol considering the fact that The Dave is chevygirl's bf, I'd say he's just being a tad sarcastic.:rofl:

blueyes
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
well i guess i took the easy way out. I ad surgey and was in the hospital for 6 days and wasn't allowed to go have apuff. So when it got to bad i got the hospital staff to give me some drugs to help me out for 2 days and after that it was pretty good. But, man when i was leaving the hospital and the smell on my coat from the smoke before i went in PU what a stink, i never really knew that it smelled so bad. I was smoking for 15 yrs. I been trying to quit for a few yrs before that. I guess i never had the will power. But i was getting mad that everytime they raise the prices for smokes and tabacco. So i think that is what kept me from going back to them when i got out. I am really glad now that i nevered started back up.

The_Dave
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
chevygirl?? Who is that? This site is anonymous isn't it?

vanessalynn5484
04-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Awww ladies the dream is dead The_Dave is spoken for!

I hope you buy her lots of presents:p She deserves it lol:rofl:jk

countesscurling
04-17-2007, 04:43 AM
A coworker told me last night that she had been to Romaine and has quit smoking. We'll see how long it lasts. I quit 5 years ago with the help of Zyban.

tred816
04-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Sorry "The Dave". lol Guess your secret's out.

FYI - didn't know it was a secret lol sorry

rhiley_08j
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Personally for me I think that all of the quit smoking aids are all a waste of money. I quit smoking 6 days ago. Cold turkey. You know what made me quit. My doctor raging me out because I have high blood pressure; the fact that when I had a smoke, it wasn't that I enjoyed the flavor of a smoke, but that it was a habit; the amount of money that I was wasting on basically killing myself. It is all in the mind people, gain self control and just don't light that cigarette. After a couple days it gets easier. If you want to quit, just don't light that next cigarette.

Thanks to everyone here for the forums on smoking, it was a great help. Also, believe it or not, those annoying anti-smoking commercials really do start to work after you have watched the millionth one, lol.

chevygirl
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
What a mean thing to say.... Tred. Do you have something against me ? As if I would go out with THE_DAVE. Can you imagine????????? What kind of date that would be haha haha ha .

vanessalynn5484
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
What a mean thing to say.... Tred. Do you have something against me ? As if I would go out with THE_DAVE. Can you imagine????????? What kind of date that would be haha haha ha .Comparative to Dante's Fifth Circle of Upper Hell I'd imagine.....:rolleyes:
jussst kiddin:rofl: