PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Gecko

chilkootmom
04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
We just purchased a Leopard Gecko (Albino...3.5" including tail) ...just a baby...I was wondering if anyone has one that could give us advice from experience. I wont say what Pet store but I have gotten some really conflicting advice from the staff and would just like to see a consensus from people who may own one and can give me advice that will not be biased in anyway.

I have done TONS of reading on-line and have a pretty good idea on how to set up an enclosure etc...lighting and all of that. But I would really like opinions on subtrates etc that is being used. It seems that the consensus on-line is sand...but...for younger ones...smaller sand as to avoid compaction etc...but the pet stores are suggesting this barky stuff. There is also a big debate on wether or not to feed crickets or meal worms...Anyway,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chilkootmom

Chilkootteacher
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
My advice is to keep it away from Colby, and Noah too...lol ( :

chilkootmom
04-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Yeah...Thanks for that advice...I keep them away from anything live..lol... ;o)

harbourchick07
04-15-2007, 08:33 AM
:rolleyes: if the gecko was mine i would mix up everything. thats what i did for my firends igwania(spelling) i would set your tank up in your own way...use both the sand and the bark it will be more nautural and place things like rocks and sticks in it and try to get old dead leaves off the ground...feed him both the meal worms and the crickets, and try and get as much stuff that say geeko on it as possible lol. try talking to the people in the pet store in the mall they give pretty good advise, the normal spot i get all mine is there. they know what they are talking about when it comes to fish and reptiles. i would just set your tank up with a viriaty of colors and nautral items to make it more appeling. Thats what i did with my firends lizard:rolleyes:

Kim
04-16-2007, 07:03 AM
I sent you a PM

I have 3 Leopard Geckos