PDA

View Full Version : vent !!

aimee1lynn
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
somethings need to change with the young offenders act !!:mad:

about 3 months ago two kids that live around me tied a thin rope to the fondation of a new house being built and tied the other end across the road to a fence with a small board attached ,,,, well lucky me driving home with 3 kids in the car hit it :mad: ..... when i hit it the end with the board attached came flying across the road and hit my car and dented and took paint off my car :mad: these 2 kids are 12 years old the police came looked at my car talked to the parents and nothing was done ,,,, I have estimates for my car between $600-$800 of damage :mad: :mad: and what was done NOTHING I was told I would have to take them to court myself !! :confused: which I am in the process of doing ..... i sent both parents an estimate for my car and was told by one I was just looking for a free paint job for my car WTF

So yesterday I come home and a 12 year old kid sits out in front of my house on his bike with his foot resting on my hood :mad: :mad: So i tell him to get away from my car !! hey proceeds to call me a b**** ,,,, and leaves I go back in my house and here is the same kid driving by my car drifting rocks at my freakin car !!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

So my husband goes and yells at this kid and all he says is go ahead call the cops i already have 3 charges against me and i am going to court so whatever .....and here I am driving home today at 1:00 and here is this kid biking around the neighbourhood ,,,,,

seems to me kids now know nothing is going to happen to them so they do whatever they want :mad:

he hit my neigbours car next door with his bike and they called the police and again nothing was done !!

and really what am I supposed to do ,,, i can't watch my cars 24 hours a day ?? the parents won't do anything this kid lives miles away and is biking out here daily,,,,,police don't do anything ,,,, so where does that leave me ??

Mandi
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
WHY do people pop out kids if they have no intention of parenting them!? This makes me so angry. I hope something is done about it. People like that make me scared to send my daughter to school.

aimee1lynn
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
yes me too my son gets to go to school with these kids next year ! but what can i do ? nobody will do anything :mad:

Nail
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I'd say, Zip-tie this kid to his parents. I'm curious, where did these incidents happen?

Tara
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
My son is going to school this year and I'm absolutely petrified :S

vanessalynn5484
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe what this smart-bum mouth needs is a good spanking. If my son had such a disrespect for other people and their property I would consider myself responsible to make sure that it never happened again.

I think you should be able to charge the parents if they are allowing this to go on. I knew right from wrong at 12 and I didn't have the best parenting. I guess I was lucky and growing up fast gave me common sense.

You must feel kind of helpless, you can't really do anything because he is 12, but he is acting out like a big boy so I think he should be punished like one.

That is just my 2 cents.

Mandi
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I had horrible parenting, and I knew right from wrong at 12. The young offender's act is bs.

vanessalynn5484
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree I met aimee (briefly, but still) and she is a very polite and nice person. She does not deserve to be put through this and feel like she can not do anything.:(:mad:

She is being harassed! You would think they would at least have special circumstances.

Is there anything more that she can do? Maybe someone who knows the system would have suggestions?

eagallant
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
You could file a small claims court action - it would cost you $50 or $75 and name the kids & the parents. Call the chief of police. Al is a really nice guy that really does a great job. Call him directly every single time you report it to the police. Bet you that you'll see more things done.

I agree the young offenders laws do little.

You also call social services every single time you call the police too. It's obvious for the little in the list that there are serious parenting issues here. If police don't scare the kids, maybe social services can.

I feel sorry for your son. I was bullied awful growing up and it has long term affects. Hopefully by then, these kids will have moved on & won't be around your son.

jdcb
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
buy a paintball gun??? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/jdcb/ughdunno.gif

vanessalynn5484
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
or a good sturdy rolling pin and chase the bugger down the street :p Scares the heck out of my bf anyways....

jk :rofl:

ChelorSean
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
:rofl: yeah i think all men or most are scared of that...lolj/k

vanessalynn5484
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thGTFO.gif

hee hee

jdcb
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
of course, that rolling pin hurts

harbourchick07
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
From what i can remember from Law class, The Parents are responsible for the kids until they are 13, then you can charge the kids. But where the kids are 12 you can charge the parents especially after they basically told you to go *bleep* yourself. Those kids are being really dangerous and deserve to have to pay a fine, or learn from there own lessons and get close lined by their own prank. lol

Mandi
04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I can't stop thinking that if that were someone on a motorcycle, there's a very real chance they could be dead right now.

eagallant
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I love the rolling pin!! Scare the kid & then when the parents come to you and complain - tell them the same thing they told you.

aimee1lynn
04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks vanessalynn :D

Well mandi there was a little boy 9 years old stopped on the side of the road and he seem the rope coming THANK GOD and kinda ducked/put head down towards his chest anyways when all was said and done we noticed PAINT missing from him helmet !!! the rope dug into my car so deep on the molding around my front windshield that it went down to the metal :mad: I think I could have killed that child and I don't think it should have been let go !!
Yes I am going through the small claims court thing now waiting for a date :mad: why people feel thay are not responsible for there kids actions I will never know .

I like jdcb's idea !! could sit on my deck and paintball them on the way by !!

But really it is getting crazy .... I can't even park in my driveway !! I was parked there and someone complained that i was like 1/2 inch on the sidewalk and they didn't like having to walk around my bumper so now i have one car in the driveway and one one the road getting rocks throw at it !! Think I picked the wrong place to buy a house :mad:

t-bone
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=aimee1lynn;80282]
QUOTE]

As they say in Cape Breton, "Sorry for your troubles". Sounds like you are in a bad situation. While paintballing the neighborhood bratty kids may bring some short term satisfaction, acts like that will only make the situation worse.
It is impossible to win a war against neighorhood kids. They have way more free time than you. They face very little consequences for their actions and they have the complete run of the neighborhood.
Think back to when you were a kid. There was always one person in the neighborhood that all the kids hated. Usually it was for no good reason. At every opportunity (halloween, etc) the kids would act out against this person. If the person dare respond, it just got worse for them.
Someone in every neighborhood is going to be the guy that gets it. You don't want it to be you. Tip your paper boy well. Buy whatever crap they try to sell at your door and put on a smiley face when you leave your house.
Sounds a little the protection racket? It is, but it is a lot cheaper than a $800 paint job.

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
[quote=aimee1lynn;80282]
QUOTE]

As they say in Cape Breton, "Sorry for your troubles". Sounds like you are in a bad situation. While paintballing the neighborhood bratty kids may bring some short term satisfaction, acts like that will only make the situation worse.
It is impossible to win a war against neighorhood kids. They have way more free time than you. They face very little consequences for their actions and they have the complete run of the neighborhood.
Think back to when you were a kid. There was always one person in the neighborhood that all the kids hated. Usually it was for no good reason. At every opportunity (halloween, etc) the kids would act out against this person. If the person dare respond, it just got worse for them.
Someone in every neighborhood is going to be the guy that gets it. You don't want it to be you. Tip your paper boy well. Buy whatever crap they try to sell at your door and put on a smiley face when you leave your house.
Sounds a little the protection racket? It is, but it is a lot cheaper than a $800 paint job.
I would have to disagree...explore all other avenues before being bullied by children.

Honestly I'd probably get one of my nephews to "have a chat with him". Or I would call the police and tell them that if they do not come and do something about this 12 year old they will be coming to pick up me for "assault of a minor":p.

Call social services on the child and the parent. Maybe they will be interested on what this boy is up too since the parents do not have a clue nor seem to want one.

I would never put up with anyone making me feel unsafe in my own home. Although I can be quite vindictively creative......

If I sound defensive it's because I have been a victim, not in this same situation, but I can relate to what you must be feeling.:)

dittydottie
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
What area of the city is this at Aimee?

t-bone
04-13-2007, 10:40 AM
huh?
no, why would i think that and where did you get that idea?

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 10:45 AM
huh?
no, why would i think that and where did you get that idea?
Sorry, guess I misunderstood. I was just wondering because I realize my previous post may give off such impression.

No big deal, I don't want a conflict lol :p:rofl:

t-bone
04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Driving around the block when the kids are having a road hockey game, being friendly to kids in the neighborhood, being generous when it comes to halloween or when approached to support one of their activities is a sign of respect for the kids. It shows you see them as real people and it makes for better relations between neighbors. The added benefit is a more peaceful neighborhood experience.
amee1lynne may win her case in small claims court, but how long do you think that new paint job will last? what kind of conversations do you think that will generate around the supper tables in her neigborhood? she probably won't see who damages her car next time and will have no one to sue.
there are some people in this world that thrive on conflict, and i am not saying that amee1lynne is one of them. to those people, i suggest getting into a big battle with the phone company, city hall or the post office. the consequences won't be so severe and you may actually win. getting into a battle with the kids in the neighborhood is a lose/lose situation. even if you win a battle here and there, you will lose the war and the war will last approx 5-10 years. been there, done that.

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
....n/m all cleared up

although why am i stuck up top?

aimee1lynn
04-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Well I live in east saint john

And i do have to say i have 3 kids 2 of which go to school with these children and my house has it's own revolving door the kids from here come and go as they please .... geez it is not uncommon for us to have at least 2 extra kids here for supper a couple of nights a week ,,,, i think i treat the kids well around here :rolleyes:

But I also have to say these few kids are known as the trouble makers of the neighbourhood as for supper table talk !!! I think not .... people around here are at there wits end with these few kids .....
I mean come on I bought my house and my cars and had to work hard to get them ..... I do not need kids wrecking my property .... it has to end somewhere's ...... :mad: I don't feel I should be victimized by a 12 year old ... I do belive that someone has to do something ...... as for the paintball thing LOL :rofl: It was a joke as if I want to go to jail for these little punks !!! But I think they should be taught to have respect for other people's property

Yes i remember when i was 12 and i was by no means a angel !! But i would never have dreamed of damaging someones car or speaking to an adult in such a manner ...... which again brings me too WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? geez take responsibility for your kids and there actions :confused: ....If it was my kids I would feel horrible and responsible :confused:

And now here I sit between a rock and a hard place ......legally there is no action that can be taken and parents are of no use ...... so basically i get to sit back and watch as they wreck my car !!

great i can take them to small claims and win !! WOOHOO big deal as you still have to get them to pay !!

Where does that make sense ?? no wonder they are the way they are !! there are no consequences for the actions .... and i think that needs to change :mad:

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Well I wish there was something someone could do to help :(

jdcb
04-13-2007, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=aimee1lynn;80282]
QUOTE]
. While paintballing the neighborhood bratty kids may bring some short term satisfaction, acts like that will only make the situation worse.

Very true, it wasn't a serious suggestion i was just trying to make you smile for a moment in an obviously stressful situation. Please don't paintball them, while fun it may be for the moment, a short while later you may wish you hadn't...

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
[quote=t-bone;80337]

Very true, it wasn't a serious suggestion i was just trying to make you smile for a moment in an obviously stressful situation. Please don't paintball them, while fun it may be for the moment, a short while later you may wish you hadn't...Well now that would depend on how you ask. Sometimes the time is worth the crime ;)

jussst kiddin :rofl:

care1978
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
the paintball thing, may work! i would try it! lol
i remember where i used to live people would drive like maniacs up and down my street, and always worried me that one of the kids in the neighborhood would run out into the street and get killed, i asked the city to put a four way stop sign at the corner and they wouldnt, so i sat on my balcony one day and for every car that was doing 80 coming up the street, i egged them! a few people said, that'll rot the paint on my car! i just said well you should be greatful, bc it coulda been a kid on your car instead and then you would be in jail.
good luck to you aimee1lynn, i hoe everything works out for the best. the justice system does suck around here for the most part in my oppinion.
maybe if the city as well as some parents focused more on getting some more programs funded for kids,a lot of these kids wouldn't be so mischeivous bc they wouldnt be bored.... just my oppinion

girdy
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
maybe if the city as well as some parents focused more on getting some more programs funded for kids,a lot of these kids wouldn't be so mischeivous bc they wouldnt be bored.... just my oppinion

Skateboard park a go

April 11, 2007 - 10:49 am

SAINT JOHN, NB -- Building a proposed skateboard park near Harbour Station will come cheaper than anticipated when it moves to the development phase. The idea was approved by common council last night.

Chair of the Saint John Skateboard Association Jason MacLean says the park's funding is on target.

"We're very proud and excited to present a current total of 540-thousand dollars raised to date," MacLean told council Tuesday.

MacLean says only two-thousand additional dollars are needed to move forward.

The total is roughly 110-thousand dollars less than the estimated original price tag.

With funding essentially in place, city staff will now call on proposals to design and build the park. A development partner for the park is expected to be announced sometime in June.

harbourchick07
04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
aimee do you live in the trailer park out east?? cause i know a few 12 year olds out there that are very rude and their parents wont do anything.
These kids have all heard it from me too, and one of them was even stupid enough to hit me...well ill tell ya i never seen 3 12 year olds run so fast in my life...Theses boys even thought they had the right to tell me im not aloud to walk through the trailer park or even in the east saint john area...lmao i told them that i pay taxes therefore i pay for that road and have every right to walk were i want as long as it is not in there property.

vanessalynn5484
04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Too bad you couldn't rig up one of those nets and when the hellion walks over it swooosh up in a tree he goes. That'd teach him! *think a la Lost*

Rickster
04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
You need someone like me to be sitting on your deck or porch the same day some of this crap is going on ! I'm old school and have never had to deal with this nonsense !! Quite frankly I don't know why people do, other than the fact that they feel that they would not have a chance in a court if they just grabbed one of these Brats some day and just scared the ***t out of them. If this was in front of a Judge and the circumstances were known,you'd be givin' a pat on the back ! I 'AM' that type, and is the reason I NEVER had a kid ever sauce me or challenge my adult-hood , not twice, anyway. I either straightened the child out or straightened the parent out. You've got to stand up for your rights as too many let people just walk all over them. Take the chance,get 'assertive'and let them know, enough is enough !! - Rick.

friskeywhiskey
04-14-2007, 02:18 AM
The not no so new Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) has been in an effect for a few years that I know of, it is no longer called the young offenders act (YOA). And in some respects it has helped in regards to violent offences, a young person can be charged as a adult in some incidents (violent) as young as 14 which the YOA was incapable of doing. Incidents are left completely in the arresting officers hands (a lot of responsibility for a police officer), with the YCJA police officers really dictate what happens to the young person. Personally I believe police officers really need to be better trained/educated in how to deal with these incidents. Very often with the ycja the arresting officer relays on the parents to monitor the child very closely following the incident. In theory, this is great as all parents should monitor what their child is doing at all times. However with this there are flaws. In this coming age as with previous years, not all people have the same morals/expectations for their children as the majority of society would have for them.
I question/challenge, How we as a community should deal with this growing problem? As it is a community problem not a stand alone family problem/inidivdual problem as some people might like to think. It most definitly is a "villlage" challenge to over come not a select family challenge to over come, lf we as a majority are to prevail with this growing concern!

aimee1lynn
04-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi harbourchick07 actually I bought a house out in red head sub division about 2 years ago .

LOL vanessalynn and after i get him in the net I paintball him :rofl:

Well Rickster my husband is like you and he was nose to nose with this kid yelling at him and this kid never even so much as flinched :eek: me at 12 LOL I would have been crying !!! All he kept saying was whatever I don't care .....F off ect...... at 12 he has absolutly no respect:confused:

I am not a violent person but I had to go in the house as I just wanted to kick his Ass ..... but wasn't into goin to jail .....
which is my point I decided not to do anything to him becuase I HAVE CONSQUENCES that make me think before acting .... at 12 maybe they need something that will make them think twice before acting

vanessalynn5484
04-14-2007, 07:42 AM
We should create an Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team...jdcb can bring the paint balls and I am sure Rickster could help us with strategies.

First rule of Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team is to not tell anyone about Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aimee1lynn
04-14-2007, 09:25 AM
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now there's an idea !!

I'm in !!

Mandi
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
We should create an Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team...jdcb can bring the paint balls and I am sure Rickster could help us with strategies.

First rule of Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team is to not tell anyone about Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team.

Oh my LOL! OR We could just get our kids to do it. Apparently they won't get into trouble:rofl:I don't know what my daughter would be like with a paint ball gun, but she's a mean shot with a water gun:rofl:Vigilantie justice! ( I just woke up.)

jdcb
04-14-2007, 02:39 PM

The Second rule of Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team is do not talking about Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team

vanessalynn5484
04-14-2007, 03:39 PM
The Second rule of Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team is do not talking about Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth TeamI have no idea what you are talking about *nose tap* *nose tap*

:rofl:

aimee1lynn
04-15-2007, 09:54 AM
:mad: this is just getting to be way too much !
So I get in my car this morning and before I pull out look in my mirror to make sure no cars are coming and what do I see :eek: HHHMMM the cover of my freakin gas tank open !!!:mad: so I check my gas gauge and I am missing roughly $10 in gas NICE !! and come to find out 3 people on my street are missing gas from there cars too !! UUGGGG when will it end :confused:

oasis
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
buy a paintball gun??? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/jdcb/ughdunno.gif

Would be a good idea, but you would get charged and the kid still gets away with it! It's ridiculous. My mother was very strict when we were growing up. If I had done something like this I would have had the old wooden spoon across my backside.

Growing up if I got caught doing something wrong I would have preferred to have a stranger whack me over the head than have him tell mom!

But todays society has us believing that it is wrong to punish a child. But they still want you to be responsible if he/she does something wrong.

This was one of the reasons my wife and I decided not to have kids. I do not advocate beating a kid within half an inch of it's life or using an object to beat them with like my mother did (although it did me no real harm, I still think about that when I am faced with a decision about doing something that might not be right!). Her father had the proverbial Hickory Stick in the wood shed. By the time it got to me it was a wooden spoon. I would use nothing more than my hand for a swipe at the backside! It gets scaled down as you go I guess.

jdcb
04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Would be a good idea, but you would get charged and the kid still gets away with it!

Most people knew right off it was a joke meant to bring a smile to a stressful situation. Then I noticed a few didn't, so on the second page I posted exactly that...

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
*whispers*Your chances of getting caught are reduced when wearing a mask and hiding in the bushes.

Why am I whispering?

I'm in stealth mode.

shhhhh.

oasis
04-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Most people knew right off it was a joke meant to bring a smile to a stressful situation. Then I noticed a few didn't, so on the second page I posted exactly that...

I realized you did not mean it seriously, but I was thinking that someone might actually try it. Unfortunately it does happen.

My comment was more about what I wrote after that part.

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I realized you did not mean it seriously, but I was thinking that someone might actually try it. Unfortunately it does happen.

My comment was more about what I wrote after that part.I do not think paint ball gun violence is common enough to worry about anyone getting any ideas.:D

Lemme_LQQK
04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team, did someone say "Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team" ...whaaaaat's thaaat?/???

Sorry I couldn't resist, lol

jdcb
04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team, did someone say "Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team" ...whaaaaat's thaaat?/???

Sorry I couldn't resist, lol

SssHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Lemme, mums the word or I won't make you a cool t-shirt too!!!!! And then no one will know that you are in that thing that no one can know about!

Oh and for your mask did you want to go with the classic knit face pull over with eye holes? Or just the one big hole in the center for that cyclops effect?

I was thinking glitter for the weapons so that our rage will reflect off the multi faceted flecks and blind the enemy.

aimee1lynn
04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I want one of the cool T-shirts your NOT making too !!! :rofl: SSHHHH
I am thinking the classic two eye holed mask LOL
HHMMMM do they make glow in the dark paint for those guns :confused:

Mandi
04-15-2007, 04:14 PM
HHMMMM do they make glow in the dark paint for those guns :confused:
They do indeed!

eagallant
04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
So, when is the Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team that doesn't exist going to come into being but not officially!!

As for getting your kids to go and scare the "bad" kid away, I was looking for my daughter to do that today but she was out with her friends. There were 10-12 kids literally playing ball in the middle of the road in front of my house today. This was after they all came tip toeing through the tulips through my yard.

I agree that our generation has taken to the extreme of not punishing our kids and they feeling like "you can't touch me. I'll call the police". I read a joke once where a kid said that to his dad. Dad's reply ... that's ok - it will take them 20 minutes to get here and by that time, I'll be alllll done.

Beating the blazes out of kids isn't right at all but there is a happy medium where the kids are taught respect to authority. For as long as I can remember if I saw a kid behaving badly, I would look at my kids and give them a very stern warning that if they ever did that, they'd regret it.

Guess we could go on this topic forever about all the brats being drug up in society at their neighbors expense. But we don't need to do that because we're gonna have the Isaintjohn Task Force Stealth Team to whooop them butts!

Mandi
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Kids these days have a God complexe. They can't be touched, they could burn your house down, and what's going to happen to them for it? 2 years in a juvenile detention centre?
I was spanked as a kid, it worked. I'm not traumatized by it now, and every one my mom gave me I deserved. (Dad's a different story) I don't spank my child, but now a days if you do, you're likely to have them taken away. There is a huge , disgusting amount of disrespect somehow ingrained into children's heads these days. I was never, (and most of my friends and people I went to school with, were never) that disrespectful or 'bad'. There's not a huge age difference between me and the kids I see every now and then, throwing rocks at stray animals, and people going by, yelling obscenities, bullying anyone they can.

Rickster
04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
"Do not talking" ??,LOL,lol. -Rick.

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Finally Never our Strategist is not here. :rofl:

jdcb
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
They do indeed!

They also make them with pepper spray...

Mandi
04-15-2007, 06:59 PM
They also make them with pepper spray...

Are you for real? o.0 ouchie!

And... just curious, this ... thing, that we're not to talk about... Is Brad Pitt going to be there? :p I'd be all over that.

aimee1lynn
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
OK I am in for the pepper spray ones !!
We can't meet for the thing ;) ;) until vanessalynn "doesn't" make us all cool shirts LOL:rofl: And glitter's up the paint guns :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
LMAO you guys are too funny !!

Rickster
04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Duh....Yea ,uh ...ok !! We'll have to do it in two groups , Right ?! First group draws them out in the open and the second stand by with the nets and paint-ball guns(make sure you have fresh Co2's.We want it to hurt !,LOL,lol.) - When and where ?:rofl:- Rick.

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Isn't it not obvious non-rickster? Never and Nowhere

*wink wink*

Mandi
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Duh....Yea ,uh ...ok !! We'll have to do it in two groups , Right ?! First group draws them out in the open and the second stand by with the nets and paint-ball guns(make sure you have fresh Co2's.We want it to hurt !,LOL,lol.) - When and where ?:rofl:- Rick.

-runs out into the street branches in hands and starts to yell- 'I'm a distraction, I'm a distraction, I'm a distraction!!!!'

vanessalynn5484
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Mandi i know smooth and that's...well smooth :rofl:

harbourchick07
04-15-2007, 09:15 PM
-runs out into the street branches in hands and starts to yell- 'I'm a distraction, I'm a distraction, I'm a distraction!!!!'

Lol:rofl:oh my thats is hilarious, it sounds like something i would do :rofl:i live in the sticks and there is little to do

Mandi
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Mandi i know smooth and that's...well smooth :rofl:

I'm subtle like whoa, that's just how I roll , G.

AreWeThereYetMom
04-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I.S.J.T.F.S.T. - where do I sign up??
I can find some :cool: and something with big eyes :eek: and I can move around alot slamming things :rofl:... LOL
Boy would I like to harness a few of them brave buggers that get up to no good. If I could only see them coming and capture some evidence. It seems to come in waves in my neighborhood.
Some power trip the new age are attempting... we work hard for what we own. I just hope I'm teaching my kids enough of the respect level nowadays.
Anyone have any experience with neighborhood watch??
I've heard it sometimes helps in some situations and some communities, but I don't have experiences in this arena but someone here might????

The_Dave
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
It is the parents fault. They are too busy partying and popping out babies for a bigger welfare cheque.

aimee1lynn
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I have to agree with The_Dave .... when the $800 in damage was done to my car these kids were locked out of there house with no parents home after school and they had nothing better to do !!

These parents need to take care of and take responsibiltly for there kids and there actions ..... but at 12 I still belive they should have consequences for there actions !!
First on the agenda for the I.S.J.T.F.S.T :confused: whatever that is LOL
Is to teach them some respect and to scare the heck out of them LOL :rofl: wish they made big sticky traps ( like the ones the make for mice
:( poor things) it would be nice to have them all stuck on that while we paint ball the heck out of them LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jdcb
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM

I'd tell ya, but we don't talk about it...

vanessalynn5484
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreWeThereYetMom http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?p=81868#post81868)

You are not already not signed up.;)

So I must say I have been working on this large sticky traps. Tested it on my own children (or did not i????). They didn't care for it much, but my day was so peaceful..I just couldn't figure it out. Anyways they will not ready in time for nothing.

vanessalynn5484
04-17-2007, 01:14 AM
**crickets**

rhiley_08j
04-17-2007, 11:56 AM
You know everyone blames the parents these days about the way their kids are, and I agree 100% well, almost. What are parents supposed to do these days. Apparently we are not allowed to discipline our children for fear of reprocusions, yet our children aren't supposed to be held accountable for their actions. Makes sense? What type of example is that teaching our children, and god help the generation that they are going to raise. What's wrong with giving a child a spanking? The majority of us grew up getting them, if not worse, and we grew up with respect for others, and the knowledge that if you do wrong, or you push someone too far, there will be consequences. "Spare the rod, spoil the child".

I think the problem is that there is a fine line between discipline and abuse, and many parents crossed that line, which ruined the principal behind it. All of us in life learn that if something causes pain don't do it, right? That is just part of our basic animal instincts. So if a child does wrong, gets a tap on the ass, and than is explained to them the consequences of their actions, what's wrong with that. At least it's not a switch or a yard stick. LOL

The_Dave
04-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Spare the rod, spoil the child, beat the bejesus out of em, that'll teach em, right?? Yeayh right. Most if not all kids are looking to feel loved and secure. Thats it, thats all it takes.

rhiley_08j
04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Nowhere did I say beat them. That's when it becomes abuse. I don't condone abuse against anyone or anything. Are you saying that if I discipline my children than I don't love them. When we got a smack on the ass, or our mouths washed out with soap, did that mean our parents didn't love us?

rhiley_08j
04-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Spare the rod, spoil the child, beat the bejesus out of em, that'll teach em, right?? Yeayh right. Most if not all kids are looking to feel loved and secure. Thats it, thats all it takes.

What about guidance, knowledge, sustainance, and discipline? (just to name a few) Or should we just leave that up to the world to teach our kids? We can see where that's getting most parents -- rebelious children, because " my mom and dad won't do anything, F-you" Sound familar?

vanessalynn5484
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
We're not still out there.:eek:

pamb
05-24-2007, 12:18 AM
i'd say video tape the little buggers and there is your proof.as for the paintballing let me know i've got 3 guns and i'll lend them to people.lol

some kids have no respect for no one.i can't blame the kids that were raise right and good job to those who did.

also remember if there is no witness there is no crime

just my 2cents

Rickster
05-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Wllk, Speaking as a parent at raised two pretty good kids on my own for 14 yrs. I learned 'Very' quickly that if I even head a Rumour that my kids were involved in something, that I was at the doorstep(of the witness or accusser) with the child in question, to make sure that he was going to get the 'Deserving' punishment only and to justify my own means of punishment, Also,I think that there are too many parents out there that think that their little angel could 'No Way' be involved in any thing like that!,Duh,wake-up, I know that it's hard to except, but I learned the hard way! -Rick.

Rickster
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
If only we could some how bypass the 'Teenage' years of children, I know that there would be less grey-haired people out there(no-offense to the natural process),it's just that I earned mine , lol.lOL,lol. !! -Rick. :biggrin:

Flaxie
05-24-2007, 10:35 PM
When it comes to my 14 yr old I have to keep reminding myself....Someday she will be 26 and we will be close friends lol
Thats how I get through the day. :o

Rickster
05-24-2007, 10:48 PM
That's cool Flaxie but also remind yourself of what YOU were like at that Rebal age.! That what ALL parents should remember and also the SAD thing is that they are getting into it at a younger age due to the fact that the parents are too self involved with there own problems to see what going on right in front of them. Kids coming home and locking themselves in there room right away !,Coming home and having a 'Big lunch', and or just bumping into things and talking to him/herself, or just sitting in front of the TV and continusly(spelt that wrong) flicking channels,no attention span !!. Hope this is an eye-opener for those that need it ! _ Rick.

Flaxie
05-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh I remember those terrible teen years lol.
My poor parents earned every gray hair on their heads. They say you get one just like you...well my 14 yr old is that one. Except we chose different ways to rebel. Don't get me wrong, she's not out there damaging people's property or insulting total stangers, she's very self destructive. I think she's afraid of succeeding at something, when things go well for her she sets out to sabotage it, and boy does she love drama lol.

But no matter how worried I get or how stressed out I get with her I know that she will come out of this. When I see the young people out there that don't seem to have anyone who cares what they are doing; those are the ones whose future I worry about. I know as long as my daughter survives her teens she will turn out just fine. (not so sure I'll survive her teens tho :o) LOL