PDA

View Full Version : Is there a doctor in the house?..

trlssy
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
What an awful feeling knowing you have no family doctor now.....

Found out about a month ago that my family doctor was retiring...and since I found out EARLY enough, I was able to find a new family doctor:D ..I called and was told YES the other doctor was going to take 175 new patients..yayyy GREAT! so I then became one of them ....but I was told last night that NOW this doctor has decided NOT to take the patients he told he WOULD!:mad: ...His receptionist has to now call each new patient to tell them he's decided not to take them on after all...and now it seems EVERY Doctor in Saint John is full !! ...

The part that really gets me is this.........I found out early enough about my doctors retirement...that I had a really good chance of getting into almost any doctor....I was just happy to GET aaaaa doctor....so I went with him.......Now with the news out of my family docs retirement.....every other doctor is filled up....

So the question is this.........Does anyone know of a doctor in the saint john area that is taking new patients??? ......Im pretty sure I know the answer to this BUT...there just might be someone out there that does know of one......no harm in asking right?

Have a great day everyone!

Crystalbeach
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I pray every day that my doctor is not retiring soon....my husband's doctor, Paula Tippett, retired in the fall..he went on the waiting list..two months later he recieved a call and he is now a patient of Dr. Postuma..he really likes him...
wishing you all the best in your search.

Rickster
04-11-2007, 02:14 PM
You might call the College of Physicians and Surgeons of N.B. and they can tell you if there are any Doctors taking new patients. Number is = 849-5050. - Rick.

trlssy
04-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Thank you crystal and rick..............no luck so far today....have some "feelers" out tho....seems its all bout who you know now...word of mouth etc....I wont give up looking..and hoping:D

dolphins#1
04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah i know how how you all feel my doctor was on vacation when the kids were on march break and guess what he did not return now he has retired but for a good reason hope he gets well but it is just like i lost my bestfriend now i am on a list with about 2500 people and rising cause about 3 more doctors just retired within last week :( so i am stuck too it is very sad and pretty soon maybe no one will have a doctor sorry for saying that but i hope i will get a call sooooon but i was told 6-12 mon please if anyone knows anything could you please pass it on thanks a million

trlssy
04-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Keep your chin up dolphins..not all is lost...we are still very lucky to have our walk in clinics as well as the hospital.........things have a way of working themselves out...keep looking and good luck:D

Corinne
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
This message is not to discourage you...be thankful that we have clinics here that you can actually call and make an appointment. I was in PEI in February right in the middle of cold and flu season...My 10 month old daughter was not feeling well and I decided I should take her to their clinic. We called and found out where and what time the clinics opened...there was one at 9:00 am (and these are walk in clinics btw). Knowing that it would be busy we arrived at about 8:30 thinking that if we went early then maybe we would get in without too much hassle. Well I was wrong....by 8:30 in the morning they were filled to capacity and were telling people to return for the 1 o'clock clinic but to come by 12:00. So there we were with a sick baby, having to drag her back out in the cold and to take her home.. We did go back for the 1 o'clock clinic and we arrived there at about 11:40...we were number 37 on the list...They didn't even start seeing patients until 1:30...we finally got in to see the dr. at about 3:30...it was a horrible horrible experience. The worst was this place had a waiting room about the same size as behind a tim hortons counter...there were about 15 seats and about 100 people crammed in there. Sick people were sitting on the floor...elderly were standing for hours...it was a really bad experience. Now correct me if I am wrong...(I have only ever gone to the Crown St clinic) but I have called for an appointment and they give you a time to come...I have never ever waited for 3-4 hours to see a doctor. I could certainly understand a wait of this long if it was in emergency..but this was just a clinic. I know this is a horrible and long ramble but wow!!! I really appreciate the way things work here way more.

dolphins#1
04-12-2007, 06:44 AM
soryy to hear about your experience but if we have a walk in clinic i am not sure where it is and the after hrs clinuc you do have to call for an appointment, and they do not do anything that deal with headaches or backaches and that is what i have been suuffering for years and my doctor said that i will always have this problem with the back:( and i would suffer before i go to the hospital one day i went the hospita; afew times and waited 7 hrs the first half hr was triag and did not get in i left it is ridiculous the wait at the hospital..now if there is walk in clinics where is it and can they help with anythin? thanks for you input corrine have a great morning you all....and trissy i will try thanks so much and i sure hope things work out:)

ceg
04-14-2007, 10:36 PM
You may have to look out in Quispamsis or Rothesay. A lot of new doctors are heading out there to setup practices. I was seeing a resident of my doctor, and she just moved out to Rothesay after graduating. Her last name is Ginette, you can call the office of John Brewer in Saint Joe's Hospital to find out her info.

MrsBeasley
04-14-2007, 11:02 PM
You may have to look out in Quispamsis or Rothesay. A lot of new doctors are heading out there to setup practices. I was seeing a resident of my doctor, and she just moved out to Rothesay after graduating. Her last name is Ginette, you can call the office of John Brewer in Saint Joe's Hospital to find out her info.

Actually, her name is Ginette Griffin and she is no longer taking new patients.

rhiley_08j
04-14-2007, 11:34 PM
my bfs doctor is retiring next month and found out by accident!now he is stuck also!his doc is out in rothesay

ceg
04-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Actually, her name is Ginette Griffin and she is no longer taking new patients. I knew there was a Ginette in her name. I only saw her twice and just couldn't remember it completely.