PDA

View Full Version : Menu Foods Scandal??? You Decide!!!

MrsBeasley
04-11-2007, 05:31 AM
An article in yesterdays Globe and Mail Titled:

Pet Food Insider Sold Shares Before Recal

states that:

Quote:

"The Chief Financial Officor of Menu Foods says it's a "horrible coincidence that he sold nearly half of his shares in the troubled pet food maker less than three weeks before a massive recall of tainted petfood.

Insider trading reports show that Mark Wiens sold 14,000 units for $102,900 on Feb 26 and Feb 27. Those shares would be worth $62,440 today, based on yesterday's close of $4.46 a unit.

con't....

Mr Wiens said the first reports of ilnesses and deaths related to Menu Foods products came into the Company's toll-free customer relations line in late February.

But he said he did not hear of any possible problem with the company's products until early March. On March 16, the Streetsvill, Ont., pet food maker recalled 60 million containers of cat and dog food."

end quote.

it went on to say a little more, but you get the gist of it, I'm sure.....

Hmmm............a coincidence????????

Yeah..............Just like Martha Stewart selling her stocks was "just a coincidence"

mho

vanessalynn5484
04-11-2007, 07:47 AM

vanessalynn5484
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
i don't understand the big deal. like i personally dont feed my pets that food i go to the pet store for it lol. I think buddy should grow up though and just stop saying stuff about it. Maybe the owner of lams should sell his place to a new person who wont poison our foods; and have be made to be good for our pets. Like it should be made by like the people who make Whiskas and friskes but still have it be high in protein like it always was.

Mandi
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
i don't understand the big deal. like i personally dont feed my pets that food i go to the pet store for it lol. I think buddy should grow up though and just stop saying stuff about it. Maybe the owner of lams should sell his place to a new person who wont poison our foods; and have be made to be good for our pets. Like it should be made by like the people who make Whiskas and friskes but still have it be high in protein like it always was.
You don't understand the big deal? :rofl: oh my the ignorance.
It really makes me wonder though, could he have prolonged the recall to save his bum and cover up the fact that he pulled stocks right before? Could animals have been saved? I very much doubt the innocence in this.

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
ok let me reverse that. I dont see what the big deal is in the guy covering his but for stuff he did do. like i said he should sell his company to the people who make friskies and whiskas and like pedigrie or something but keep the food at a good quilety but in stead of using multi menu's products, and then we know that its not going to kill our pets.

eagallant
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
An article in yesterdays Globe and Mail Titled:

Pet Food Insider Sold Shares Before Recal

Hmmm............a coincidence????????

Yeah..............Just like Martha Stewart selling her stocks was "just a coincidence"

mho

I hope not. I don't thing I could take another poncho!!

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 09:31 PM
buddy needs to grow up and realize what he did was wrong and get out of the pet food business that or stop having his foods made by Multi Menu. i am glad my cats were on Medi-cal and my dog was getting started on the eagle pack puppy food when all this happened!:eek: i would have been so mad if she died cause i payed 500 plus all her vet bills for her.

elaine30
04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Harbour Chick,

You'd better check your cats food, I heard on the news today that there is now a recall on Medi Cal cat food. Pretty bad that vet food is now involved.

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
thanks for the heads up. I have had my pets food checked by my vet already, actually to tell you the truth she had her cat on it and me and my vet are pretty tight lol and she gave me the rest of her left over food from her cat, after the recall was declared, her cat was really old and she had him put down . poor bugger :(. i will be careful though on getting my next bag of food. its hard now that i have 9 mouths to feed..:mad:my friend dumped her cats on me when she moved. but her mom is taking two and we are arranging vet appointments to have them spayed/nuterured and have them vaccinated. as well as my two kittens that are now old enough to be done. Any ideas on a good cheap vet place, my vets out on vacation for a while. lol :rofl:

MrsBeasley
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
The recalled Medi-Cal food was the canned Feline Dissolution Formula. It is the one that is used for cat's that are diagnosed with Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease. It is used to dissolve the struvite crystals that cause the cats to block and unable to urinate. It's usually fed for about 6 weeks and then they are switched to a food to help prevent reccurance of the crystals.

It is a "cuts in gravy" sort of food like all the others that were recalled. The reason it was recalled is because it is the only Medi-Cal diet that contains wheat gluten, and it was pulled as a preventive, not necessarily because it contains the "tainted" wheat gluten.

It doesn't affect any other Medi-Cal dog or cat food.

Cherry Pop
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
hmmmm I wonder if he will go to jail like Martha!?

girdy
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
No senior officer of a company would sell off shares knowingly in this fashion just to make $40,000 profit. There would be a certainty of being caught. This is a coincidence in my mind.

Tara
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
And didn't he only sell half of his shares?

harbourchick07
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
thanks Mrs.Beasley i feel much better know that i know that.lol. I didnt pay much attention to the news about the recalled foods i just heard about it through my best friend who has her ferrets on lams hard food, i was so scared that i took my animals off of it, my puppy hasn't been on anything but nutrience and eagle pack foods though, shes doing good. i am hoping to be able to get her fixed asap. but thank you for that little bit of information on the medi cal foods. Do you think it is alright if they ate lams hard food, i am not fond on feeding them wet food;i only feed them it as a treat. it is mostly my ferrets that were on it and my breeder mice(weird a bunch of mice on cat food, but they like it and it is mixed in with their original mouse food.) i still think buddy should leave the pet food industry and should be locked up for killing animals.