PDA

View Full Version : Patellar Luxation (Knee Problem)

catherine130
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with this in their dog?

sjchickie
04-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi There..

I have not had a dog personally with this condition however I worked at a vet hospital for a few years and saw dogs with this problem. It is more likely to happen in larger dogs... however it never seemed to cause too many problems as long as it pops back into place. If you have any questions and can try and answer them for you.

MrsBeasley
04-15-2007, 07:24 AM
My cat as she got older had one knee that would luxate. Whenever it happened I would just straighten her knee and pop it back into place.

I also took a small papillion dog to my sister who happened to be a retired puppy mill breeding ***** who had two severly luxating patellas that we had managed to have repaired at UPEI Vet College. Her knees had to be totally redone.

harbourchick07
04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
how can you tell if your pet has this problem.:confused: i get so worried when my pets get sick... You should have seen me trying to by cat food the other day, i gave up and went to the petstore.lol. if there are any symptoms i should watch for please let me know. my males go out doors all the time.

catherine130
04-16-2007, 07:11 AM
My cat as she got older had one knee that would luxate. Whenever it happened I would just straighten her knee and pop it back into place.

I also took a small papillion dog to my sister who happened to be a retired puppy mill breeding ***** who had two severly luxating patellas that we had managed to have repaired at UPEI Vet College. Her knees had to be totally redone.

Thanks Mrs Beasley I was looking for someone that had a dog go through the surgery successfully. We have an appointment at UPEI in 2 weeks and I was really hoping that for the amount of money this is going to cost it is going to be worth it to my little guy. Do you remember how much it cost to have the surgey done and what the recovery was like? They have been unable to give me any type of estimate until he is there for an evaluation and they will want to operate the next day.