PDA

View Full Version : vet payment plans

care1978
04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
just looking for some different oppinions on which vet to take my current furry baby,and my new furry baby to, im looking to get them needled and fixed, and wondering if there are vets that do payment plans "prior to" procedures. also wondering who would have the best rates. any info is greatly appreciated thanks!

wannabuy
04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
the vet hospital on rothesay ave are really nice!!!:biggrin:

care1978
04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
the vet hospital on rothesay ave are really nice!!!:biggrin:
thanks, any ideas on prices

wannabuy
04-09-2007, 07:00 PM
thanks, any ideas on prices
good prices,unsure about payment though!

babydoll101
04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
When I got my female cat done. I had to get 2 or 3 (I can't remember) sets of needles and the spay, it cost $207 tax inc. I called around and they were by far the cheapest. Also very nice and great customer service. Hope that helps.:)

eagallant
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I would call around. If the furry pets are dogs, the cost to fix them goes by weight. I called 7 to get my dog fixed & it ranged from $155 - $210. I would also strongly recommend getting a written estimate & clearly stating what you want done. They will automatically give the animal Advantage (which doesn't work well in my opinion) & then charge you for it. When our dog broke her leg, the Animal Hospital on Rothesay Ave by Deluxe quoted me $700 but then when we went to have the pin taken out of her leg, they suddenly decided that was another $135 I didn't count on. They have you over a barrel - what are you going to do - leave the animal there or not take out the pin? I'd call for quotes.
The girl at work called 5 to get her kitten needled, declawed & fixed. They all quoted her with tax but when she got to the one in Quispamsis, it was $329 without tax. Oops. She would have gone to her vet for $405 and that would have included tax & all 4 declaws. Now she has to spend another $155 to get the back declaws done.
Hope that helps.
Elizabeth

care1978
04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I would call around. If the furry pets are dogs, the cost to fix them goes by weight. I called 7 to get my dog fixed & it ranged from $155 - $210. I would also strongly recommend getting a written estimate & clearly stating what you want done. They will automatically give the animal Advantage (which doesn't work well in my opinion) & then charge you for it. When our dog broke her leg, the Animal Hospital on Rothesay Ave by Deluxe quoted me $700 but then when we went to have the pin taken out of her leg, they suddenly decided that was another $135 I didn't count on. They have you over a barrel - what are you going to do - leave the animal there or not take out the pin? I'd call for quotes.
The girl at work called 5 to get her kitten needled, declawed & fixed. They all quoted her with tax but when she got to the one in Quispamsis, it was $329 without tax. Oops. She would have gone to her vet for $405 and that would have included tax & all 4 declaws. Now she has to spend another $155 to get the back declaws done.
Hope that helps.
Elizabeth
thanks alot for the info, ill be sure to check around :)

care1978
04-09-2007, 07:48 PM
When I got my female cat done. I had to get 2 or 3 (I can't remember) sets of needles and the spay, it cost $207 tax inc. I called around and they were by far the cheapest. Also very nice and great customer service. Hope that helps.:)
thanks alot! :)

care1978
04-09-2007, 07:50 PM
thanks everyone who responded. appreciate the input

MrsBeasley
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM
just looking for some different oppinions on which vet to take my current furry baby,and my new furry baby to, im looking to get them needled and fixed, and wondering if there are vets that do payment plans "prior to" procedures. also wondering who would have the best rates. any info is greatly appreciated thanks!

Some (or one) particular people would much rather steal the show by starting an argument that has absolutely nothing to do with the original thread instead of starting their own thread.

Care 1978 as to the answer to your particular question, if you have more than two critters then most vets I know would offer you a multiple pet discount, and if you wanted to make payments "prior to" a procedure I can't see any of them scoffing at that, it's the "I can't afford to pay" after tha fact, "do you take payment plans" that they hate so much and often refuse. I know I am going to start paying in advance on my account at the hospital where I work instead of paying for the pet insurance as the deductibles are too high (my dogs are getting up in age) and I can't afford to have them all on insurance. This way if something happens to any one of my pets I have money to work with. Hope this helps.

If you need more info I'd be more than happy to help you via PM.

care1978
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
BTW... all apologies accepted! and appreciated

dally
04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I take my dog to Dr. Chuck Abbate at KV Animal Hospital. I don't know what he charges for cats but I do know that he is very reasonably priced.
He came highly recommended to me. The price for vaccinations are really low compared to other places I've been over the years. I recently got my dog spayed and was very happy with the cost. Also he will do only what you ask of him. No hidden costs. Some one mentioned something about a vet giving advantage without consent of the owner, this is not something he would do. He also does not give unnecessary needles which there are a few of.

You should give him a call. Hope this helps

care1978
04-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I take my dog to Dr. Chuck Abbate at KV Animal Hospital. I don't know what he charges for cats but I do know that he is very reasonably priced.
He came highly recommended to me. The price for vaccinations are really low compared to other places I've been over the years. I recently got my dog spayed and was very happy with the cost. Also he will do only what you ask of him. No hidden costs. Some one mentioned something about a vet giving advantage without consent of the owner, this is not something he would do. He also does not give unnecessary needles which there are a few of.

You should give him a call. Hope this helps
thanks i will look into that as well :)
i wonder which vaccs. arent necessary, and why bother giving them if they arent... maybe has something to do with whether or not the animal is indoor or outdoor? who knows.
thanks again :)

catherine130
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I have had great experience with the animal hospital on rothesay avenue. My dog and cat have been there multiple times for different reasons. They are always very friendly and caring with pets and people, they don't perform procedures you don't ask for, and they will give a price upfront that reflects the actual cost of what they are going to do. I imagine that they would be more than happy to see someone doing the responsible thing and putting some money aside for a procedure before the fact. Good luck!

care1978
04-10-2007, 08:51 AM
thanks catherine :)

eagallant
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
MrsBeasly (which was my FAVORITE doll), is the pet insurance directly from the vet? How much does it cost per animal (I have 2 dogs & 1 cat)? Is it only for accidents or regular stuff? I've seen brochures but haven't known anyone that has had it to say whether it's good or bad.
Thanks
Elizabeth

adorabull
04-10-2007, 10:51 PM
thanks i will look into that as well :)
i wonder which vaccs. arent necessary, and why bother giving them if they arent... maybe has something to do with whether or not the animal is indoor or outdoor? who knows.
thanks again :)

all depends on what vet you go to, some require all needles UTD and some only require Rabies (20 bucks-ish)

As well some require needles to be accuired 3 weeks before any surgical proceedure (makes no sence to me really?) Lepto has nothing to do with Surg, but lets the immune system go back to norm.

Hope this helps some

adorabull
04-10-2007, 10:54 PM
MrsBeasly (which was my FAVORITE doll), is the pet insurance directly from the vet? How much does it cost per animal (I have 2 dogs & 1 cat)? Is it only for accidents or regular stuff? I've seen brochures but haven't known anyone that has had it to say whether it's good or bad.
Thanks
Elizabeth

the insurance plan im with covers emerg surgeries, routine dental stuff, therapy (physio, hydro) ect ect.
like blue cross you pay up front and get re embursed by the company, mine cost about 30 bucks a month, and to me wellllllllllll x 10 worth it when I had an emerg visit for over 500 bucks it was totally covered. do your homework and read the small print with the diff plans.

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
does anyone know the best place that has the cheapest rates for getting 2 male cats fixed and a female. i was just thrown upon with 3 more cats from a friend of mine, ones her moms and she has the cutes little kittens and she wanted to know the price, (my friend moved btw.) her two males went to me but i made a deal that if her mom pays to get the one she likes fixed she can have him. if anyone can tell me of a good place i would be happy. i heard All Creatures was a good place, but my friend told me that were she works they are between 60-85 for males, she also told me to drop of a resume and go work there cleaning the cages. i am thinking about it but i am also thinking about trying the ARL. Anyone know if this wold look good for an inspiring vet.

care1978
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
all depends on what vet you go to, some require all needles UTD and some only require Rabies (20 bucks-ish)

As well some require needles to be accuired 3 weeks before any surgical proceedure (makes no sence to me really?) Lepto has nothing to do with Surg, but lets the immune system go back to norm.

Hope this helps some
the vet i avenue animal hospital, wants them to have three needles prior to surgery,and they want them given a month apart from eachother.... this is very strange to me, whats your take on it?

adorabull
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
the vet i avenue animal hospital, wants them to have three needles prior to surgery,and they want them given a month apart from eachother.... this is very strange to me, whats your take on it?

Pm'ing you

If your cat is a strictly inside cat I wouldnt worry bout it.

harbourchick07
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
i think some vets require them be a month apart, because they are kinda like a medication and probably don;t want them to not work. i dunno im not a vet.

MrsBeasley
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks
Elizabeth

the insurance plan im with covers emerg surgeries, routine dental stuff, therapy (physio, hydro) ect ect.
like blue cross you pay up front and get re embursed by the company, mine cost about 30 bucks a month, and to me wellllllllllll x 10 worth it when I had an emerg visit for over 500 bucks it was totally covered. do your homework and read the small print with the diff plans.

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you until now, Elizabeth. I had one of my dogs on PetPlan insurance (there are others), because he was showing signs of developing a medical condition called perianal fistulas which is treated by very expensive drugs. I paid a little over $20 a month (I can't remember exactly) for emergencies and illnesses sort of coverage. It didn't cover routine things such as vaccines.

There are different levels of insurance you can get that cover different services and the prices vary depending on what you want. If you are interested it's best to check them out carefully and check out more than one company as well.

I never had to use my coverage, I changed my dogs diet and he seems to be doing better although I know he could have the potential to have an outbreak at any time. I also have another dog and a cat, who I could not afford to put on insurance. I realized though that if anything happened to either of them I would have to pay for their treatment out of my pocket.

Both my dogs are getting up in age. If my dog were still insurance at the age he is now, the deductible would be somewhere around $500/yr, therefore if I only used it for services/yr anywhere under $500 it wouldn't be worth it. Most times in sickness a bill is more than that, but I wasn't taking the chance and cancelled my insurance as it wasn't fair to my other two pets, instead I am just going to make payments on my account that will put my account into a credit position and therefore if either of my three animals gets sick I have that money available to use on either one of them.

Hope this helps.

MrsBeasley
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Puppies and kittens are given a series of vaccines (just as children). They generally start at 6-8 weeks and are repeated every 4 weeks until the animal is 16 weeks and is then old enough to get their rabies vaccine.

Different vaccines require different lengths of time between boosters. For example some rabies vaccines need to be done every year and some are good for 3 years before boosting.

The need for boosters is because when the body receives the vaccine (which is either a killed/inactivated or live version of a particular virus), the body reacts to the virus by creating antibodies to fight against the virus which gives immunity to a particular disease. When one becomes exposed to the disease and they have been vaccinated against it the antibodies remember that these virus cells are foreign to the body and destroy them.

Antibodies will deplete in effectiveness over time, therefore the need for boosters is necessary to increase immunity to the disease being vaccinated against.

Hope this clarifys things.

care1978
04-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Pm'ing you

If your cat is a strictly inside cat I wouldnt worry bout it.
you mean fixing them? or the needles? :)

care1978
04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Puppies and kittens are given a series of vaccines (just as children). They generally start at 6-8 weeks and are repeated every 4 weeks until the animal is 16 weeks and is then old enough to get their rabies vaccine.

Different vaccines require different lengths of time between boosters. For example some rabies vaccines need to be done every year and some are good for 3 years before boosting.

The need for boosters is because when the body receives the vaccine (which is either a killed/inactivated or live version of a particular virus), the body reacts to the virus by creating antibodies to fight against the virus which gives immunity to a particular disease. When one becomes exposed to the disease and they have been vaccinated against it the antibodies remember that these virus cells are foreign to the body and destroy them.

Antibodies will deplete in effectiveness over time, therefore the need for boosters is necessary to increase immunity to the disease being vaccinated against.

Hope this clarifys things.
yes that explains alot, thank you!

catherine130
04-12-2007, 08:22 AM

For small animals the chance of having a bad reaction to one of the needles is quite possible, the risk is minimized if you spread the required needles out over a few weeks. Some vets will give a "cocktail" shot when the animal is older but it can be very hard on them.

admin
04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
If you're looking for pet insurance, please consider one of our sponsors by clicking the banner below

It's free to get a price quote, and there's no commitment, so it also helps give an idea of the costs:

<SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://www.kqzyfj.com/jd77a3-prtw2-st5EKJLHFJ?target=_blank&mouseover=Y" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

whisperedsin
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I used to take all my pets to All Creatures but my husband has forbidden me to ever take a pet to them again. Dr. Thomas is very uncaring and just wants your money. They told me my cat had diabetes, sent me home with insulin and needles but ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION.

whisperedsin
04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I used to take all my pets to All Creatures but my husband has forbidden me to ever take a pet to them again. Dr. Thomas is very uncaring and just wants your money. They told me my cat had diabetes, sent me home with insulin and needles but ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION. My cat was in a coma within 36 hours. They did refund all money I spent the day before but that does not compensate for the loss of a beloved friend. I just find that they don't provide proper information or care.