PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Using ALaint, not looking to change that...but my A660 is over 2 years old and is a bit finicky on the chargin part. You have to be careful or it wont connect quite right and no charging begins..
So looking to get a new cell possible.

Recommendations? Don't need a camera phone...nor do I need an mp3 player on it..

jiggypat23
04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
ever thought of calling alaint and seeing if your account is eledgable for a hardware upgrade? you can usually do that after 2 years or so, then you get a band new phone for like next to nothing, look into it, saves you from buying something second hand that can also go bad

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Hiya, wasnt looking to buy 2nd hand, and we are eligable for 1 upgrade even though we are on the family plan. That was why I was asking here...for advice on which ones are better etc ") Thanks!

kaj27
04-09-2007, 11:05 AM
With Aliant you kinda have your hands tied for phone selection. Rogers has all the new fancy phones. Where as Aliant still uses CDMA phones and not all companies make CDMA versions of their popular phones.

Aliant offers a lot of Samsung and Motorola. Do you like flip phones or the "candy bar" style? Do you only like select brands?

I'm not sure if this link will work or not but......
http://productsandservice.aliant.net/PS/nb/english/productsandservices/ps_2.jsp?section=22&subsection=0&bodycont=productsandservices%2fcellular2.jsp&curbody=22