PDA

View Full Version : homeschooling

mommahas2babies
04-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know where to start to find out info about home schooling. Is there anyone here that home schools their kids now? my kids are still very young, almost 3 and almost 2. I am looking for info to see if it is something that I can do to benefit my kids... Looking for books, curriculum guides etc... Anyone have any suggestions... Thanks!

Chilkootteacher
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure you are entitled to access curriculum guides and text books applicable to your child's grade level from your neighbouring school. I work as an elementary school teacher and I'm pretty sure home schooling was touched on in one of my university courses. Call your school district and/or school your child would be attending if they were in the public system. Your child has the right to use the same materials if he/she were in a public school. I think you can borrow materials and return them when you are finished. I'm not 100% sure though. Oh, I and I think provincial curriculum guides can be found on the internet and can be downloaded for every grade and subject level. Hope this information is helpful ( :

richunclepennywise
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
My only concern is that your children get some social interaction with others their age, I'd make sure that they do activites with others.

mommahas2babies
04-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I found a couple good sites about homeschooling in NB but cant seem to find out where to get the materials.. no one seems to know.. lol.. from everything i have read i see no negitives about homeschooling.. only positives..ANd of course if and when I do decide to homeschool my kids will continue to be enrolled in activities out side of the house.. hehe.. I need a break some time.. :) Thanks everyone... ANyone know where to actually get the materials?? I am going to ask my mom on monday, as she works in the school system.. SHe might be able to find out more for me, but any help would be great!

care1978
04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
im interested in this also, if you find anything out please let me know it would be appreciated. thanks :)