View Full Version : Stomach Flu

vanessalynn5484
04-07-2007, 12:56 PM

dittydottie
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Any diareah?

mommahas2babies
04-07-2007, 09:43 PM
its just a flu bug thats going around everyone I talk to has had the same thing... WE all were sick in this house last week... just keep the fluids to them, it will pass.. good luck!

vanessalynn5484
04-08-2007, 07:12 AM

domarloc
04-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I think there might be something going around. I was sick on Wednesday with a headache and throwing up, felt fine on Thursday and was back to a headache and throwing up again on Friday. I thought it was really strange but now that I read your post I think there might be a bug out there that is spuratic?????

vanessalynn5484
04-08-2007, 08:52 AM

rhiley_08j
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
my family had it for about 5 days off and on plus my neighbours kids had it also!be happy the bowels are just loose i have 4 kids and we all had it both ends !

dittydottie
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey I just got over that one riley. It was torture went from Monday till Friday. The only good thing about this was hey I lost weight!!!
Bad thing now we think 2 of the grandchildren maybe getting it. They say a child bounces back quicker than an adult so good luck to you all with this.

vanessalynn5484
04-10-2007, 08:14 AM

QuispamsisHome
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi...It doesnt sound like the flu. There is a big misconception about the flu in the public. The "True flu" in which we vaccinate for, does not produce s/s of vomiting or diarrhea. The vomiting and diarrhea which is travelling through the Saint John region over the past few months, is an "Intestinal virus" which is also known as a "Norwalk -like virus". It is similar to the true Norwalk virus but not exact thus classing it as a "Norwalk-Like Virus".

The true flu which normally hits the northern hemisphere in the spring produces signs and symptoms of: High fever, very bad headache, severe body aches, (feels like you were hit by a mack truck), may have sinus s/s and very bad cough...which can lead to pneumonia. There are always three strains which are in the vaccine and they predict which will be coming each season. It seems that they got it right this year and the 3 that were in the vaccine are the ones circulating. Good for those who got the vaccine!

It is very important to keep the pt hydrated (#1 priority)...especially children...their bodies can become dehydrated very quickly. Clear fluids...juices, water, powerade, popcsicles, flat 7up or gingerale (not alot of this & clear only) and also to keep the temp down. Give childrens tylenol or advil according to weight on the package.
Frequent handwashing is the #1 way to stop the spread of infection!

I hope that this helps...if you have any concerns about your little ones...make sure that they see your family doc or the after hrs clinic....Best of luck to you :)

vanessalynn5484
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM