PDA

View Full Version : Am I too easly annoyed?

richunclepennywise
04-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't know if it is just me, perhaps you all feel the same.

When I go to Sobey's or the City market, right in the enterence there always seems to be a group of people just standing there, blocking the way in. I'm sure in their minds they're just visiting or socializing, but could they not just stand to one side? All I want to do is NOT have to stop on my way in. I don't want to interupt them, I just want in.

Am I too easily annoyed?

vanessalynn5484
04-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Depending on what mood I am in that day something like that could annoy me as well. Especially if i was in a hurry. If I was in a pretty good mood I would probably be a little more tolerant and politely say excuse me and think nothing of it.

Sometimes people will meet up with someone they haven't seen in a long time or someone they are not expecting to see and maybe be taken off guard. They may not realize they are standing and blocking up the door while chatting, but should move when asked politely.:)

care1978
04-07-2007, 01:35 PM
im the same it all depends on my mood, now today i had to leave the mall before i lost my cool, it is completely insane there today, and no one seems to want to move, or they just plow right through you, i have to go back now and try to look at the things that people kept pushing me through the isle so i missed it. i kniow all about the city market, it is a haven for people to congregate, has been that way for years. hope everyone has a great easter!

icedragon
04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I bulldoze them over

vanessalynn5484
04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I bulldoze them overWell that's one way to take care of the problem! hee hee

icedragon
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I haven't seen it to much up here but I hate it when people beg for money in the doors. They yell and scream at you when you don't give them any. Speaking some kind of destitute language. Cops were always kicking them out but always come back.

kaj27
04-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Reminds me of the days of the Saint John Flames. When I use to go to Harbour Station.

People would just be walking and BAM stop dead and yap to someone. You and about 30 other people would slam into them. Thanks for being rude!

SaskSask
04-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Lol....people tick me off when they block the whole shopping isle..cart and all.

Rickster
04-08-2007, 01:02 PM
YES,sasksask ; That is very annoying when (especially Wal-mart) two families meet in the middle of the aisle and decide to have a re-union right there with their two shopping carts and 4or 5 people . Those aisles are narrow enough to get through without that in-considerate nonsense !!-Rick. P.S. and what about the people that are in front of you at a small store cash and can't decide which scratch tickets they want or have about half a dozen tickets they want the cashier to check for them...Grrrr,This gets me !!!!

trinity
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Man, you could have been ahead of me at a corner store tonight, I was buying a thing of milk and I darn near walked out without it, there were two people ahead of me, one with a kid and a man alone, and between cashing/checking/picking out lottery tickets and fighting with the kid over not buying more than one candy treat, it took for-ever! Frigging convenience store not very convenient! I'm going to shop at Quality convenience next time, the owner got rid of the lottery terminal and tickets because it took too much time and not enough profit.
And I have found that in certain moods, people WILL clear the aisles when I'm coming, and I don't even know WHAT mood triggers it, I'm thinking the "woman on a mission!" mood coupled with a "you're between me and my chocolate" one.

trinity
04-08-2007, 07:25 PM
And while I'm on a consumer inconvenience rant, what's with Superstore closing more than half their self-checkouts all the time? I Only shop at Stupidstore because they have those, on days when I'm feelin a little too much human interaction has already come my way today. If you are going to close 5 or 6 of the 8, I'm not shopping there, I prefer Sobeys anyway.

Misty589
04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
are you annoyed too easily?
I'd say yes.

I'm sure these things happen to me frequently as anyone else, and in the moment I am annoyed but its not something I am ever going to put any more thought into.
would you rather live in a city where the people are so unfriendly that they don't stop to talk to one another?

Maybe when there is someone blocking your way, you can remember the last time you ran into someone you haven't seen in ages, I can bet you stopped to have a little chat and never noticed the people that you inconvieniced ;)

Rickster
04-08-2007, 10:27 PM
All well and good Misty but at least have the courtesy to pull over to the side so to speak or at least keep an eye open for oncoming traffic.Sounds like your guilty as charged,lol. My mom infuriates me cause she is constantly stopping in the middle of the aisle(with her cart) and wanders off a bit and I'm constantly pushing her cart out of the way of people coming towards us. Sometimes even apologizing for her !!Ooooo drives me just as crazy as people not using signal lights, but that is another story,lol. - Rick.

puppyluv
04-09-2007, 07:03 AM
I haven't seen it to much up here but I hate it when people beg for money in the doors. They yell and scream at you when you don't give them any. Speaking some kind of destitute language. Cops were always kicking them out but always come back.

I was in the States once and someone was panhandling there...the person I was with said No, becuase if you can stand there holding your hand out, you can work. Made sense to me...Now of course there are some I certainly don;t hold that too...life isn't always fair..but yes, I too dislike when people block entrances etc chatting...But that being said, don't let them ruin the rest of your trip. Chances are they aren't worth ruining your day or even 5 minutes of your time:biggrin:

Tara
04-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I love it when I'm walking along with my kids in tow, and they pretty well corner me and beg me for money

kaj27
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Speaking of shopping carts, I love how some people drive the cars like it's a derby. Not looking when coming out of isles and whatnots!

I can only imagine how they drive their cars!

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL I do not drive a car, but I am an expert shopping cart maneuverer. I can avoid an obstacle like it's going out of style! :rofl:Lots of practice...

richunclepennywise
04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Maybe when there is someone blocking your way, you can remember the last time you ran into someone you haven't seen in ages, I can bet you stopped to have a little chat and never noticed the people that you inconvieniced ;)

I'm sure I've stopped to talk to people......I'm also sure I moved to one side or the other of the asile or doorway so that there is still an opening/passageway.

kaj27
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
LOL I do not drive a car, but I am an expert shopping cart maneuverer. I can avoid an obstacle like it's going out of style! :rofl:Lots of practice...

I can see The SuperStore having a Buggy Driving Course in their little upstairs thing.

LOL!

vanessalynn5484
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
You know it! lol

blacksheep
04-12-2007, 06:50 AM
What bothers me more than dodging bodies is dodging huge hawkers all over the sidewalks. This is disgusting. I am wondering if the people that deposit these beauties on the sidewalk let these things go in their living rooms.?

eagallant
04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Friend of mine was in Sobey's in Quispamsis and 2 "ladies" had their carts sideways across the aisle & were chatting. Friend said excuse me and waited - literally 2 1/2 minutes for them to move. She couldn't believe it and deliberately timed them to see how long they'd ignore her. They were RUDE!!!!! Bad enough blocking the way but to have your carts sideways - shame on you!!!

Caper
04-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Heres my situation ... I am generally a polite person and try not to offend others if at all possible. I am 51 years old and male .. I do most of the shopping for the household. I believe in manners and such. However, this day I lost it. Truth be told .. I was a tad embarassed afterwards but for some strange reason I felt good about it and got the rest of my shopping done without incident.

Here I was trying to get my shopping done and get home before the bus arrived bringing the grand-kids home from school. Time is a ticking. Two rather elderly (my age or a bit better) but obviously social butterflies decided to stop and reminisce about the good old days, or the weather or last months church social ... who the hell knows but suffice it to say they were blocking the road. I very politely asked them to excuse me and could they please let me by. They responded by glaring at me and sticking their nose in the air and then went on with their conversation as though I was invisible. It was at this point that I LOST it. I then very "politely" raised my foot and KICKED one of the carts as hard as I could thereby sending it crashing into the display case several feet away. Both ladies turned with their mouths open but for some reason thay could say nothing ... speechless you might say. I merely turned to them and said,"I tried politeness and that doesn’t work so Have a nice f**kin day". Am I a bad person?"
Yes I could have handled it better and most times I do ... but some people don’t give a crap about anyone but themselves and sometimes they need a verbal slap in the head. Thier I feel even better now. I hope you all have a great day and if your one of those two elderly woman who's cart I booted. Remeber, others have a life too and not everyone has the time or patience to stand around socializing ... we have a life.

trinity
04-13-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd have done it too, probably without the swear word, I would have said something like "oh, since you didn't see me there, I thought I must have gone invisible again."
MMM, more uses for an air horn???

eagallant
04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Caper, I love the kick of the cart. Some people are just so rude. I was shopping today and was behind this rather large man (say huge) that was completely blocking the way. He had to see the 3 of us standing behind him trying to get around and he has to have know how he was blocking the aisle. Maybe my "excuse me" wasn't loud enough to distract him for his sausage purchase. Fortunately, he leaned forward a little and I could squeeze behind him. He still didn't move & my son had to squeeze by too. There was no cart for me to kick but I'm gonna think about you the next time I'm behind 2 chatterbugs.