PDA

View Full Version : im disgusted!

care1978
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I had an incident with a skunk the other evening in my yard, the problem was that the poor little thing had his head trapped inside a McDonald's McFlurry cup, these cups have dome type lids on them so his little head was through the dome and inside the cup. needless to say he was wandering aimlessly about, bumping into curbs,dumpsters, he had no sense of direction whatsoever.
So myself and my friend decided we were going to save the little guy while we were trying to sneak up on him; i had my roomate call animal control. To my suprise and shock the response she got was... " why should i get outta bed to get sprayed by a skunk"
apparently that was the wrong place to phone, but he could have just stated the proper place to call. so about 45 minutes later my friend and I got the cup off the skunk's head, unfortunately the dome lid remained on it wouldnt come off. fortunately he didnt spray! PHEW!
I have been phoning places ever since trying to figure out why there isnt an animal rights division in NB. I have called Natural Resources, Anuimal Rescue League, Canadian Humane Society, Canadian Wildlife, Forest Rangers.... i have called them all, get this apparently our domesticated animals and wildlife fall under different laws... some fall under Federal,while others fall under Provincial..... this is absolutely the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. i wasnt aware that animals are now able to vote. last time i checked an animal, is an animal, and therefore has just as many rights to be here as any other animal domesticated or not.
i am now on a mission to see that McDonald's McFlurry dome lids are banned, as well as Tim Horton's Ice Cappuccino Lids. I dont think that there are any other companies that are using these types of lids, and if there are and someone knows of them , i would appreciate the info.
This isnt entirely over the skunk, but i like to think that if these places are willing to go back to normal lids, then not only are they decreasing harming wildlife,but domesticates as well. If a skunk can get his head in there then im sure a cat or small dog could also.
if anyone would like to help me, or has an ideas, i would really appreciate it. my pitch is that not only will these companies be stopping potential harm to animals,but they are also going to save themselves some money by sticking to regular old flat cup lids.
unfotunately we cant stop litterers from littering, but perhaps we can change what it is they are littering.
thanks for listening to my vents and thoughts!

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey Care...check this out
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2006/09/05/hedgehog.html

kaj27
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Next we are gonna have a save the Mosquitoes Group.

It's a flipping skunk. Ew.

Chinna Dah
04-03-2007, 12:19 PM
i am now on a mission to see that McDonald's McFlurry dome lids are banned, as well as Tim Horton's Ice Cappuccino Lids. I dont think that there are any other companies that are using these types of lids, and if there are and someone knows of them , i would appreciate the info.

Little too much time on your hands.Sounds like it was a freak "accident" to me

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Read the article I posted...not such a freak accident.

care1978
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
apaprently all of you who are deciding i have a little too much time on my hands, are a bunch of ruthless idots who are obviously uneducated, and inhumane, i thought i clearly asked anyone who wanted to help to respond, i dont need responses from heartless individuals. maybe someday your pet will be in a similar situation, and you will look at things differently. i just cant get over how many inhumane people there are in this world. it is disgusting

Mandi
04-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh my, 'just a skunk' argh. the poor little guy. Good for you Care! I'm so glad you do care so much, he must have been horrified.:(

care1978
04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh my, 'just a skunk' argh. the poor little guy. Good for you Care! I'm so glad you do care so much, he must have been horrified.:(
well good news is he never sprayed me!, i know how i wouold feel if that was my cat and no one tried to help it, it would have gotten ran over for sure, im hoping he got the dome off, im pretty sure he did. thanks Mandi!

care1978
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
very interesting article vanessalynn5484!
maybe i need to be speaking to the Brits, bc apparently new brunswick doesnt care about its wildlife, or at least it seems that way, they may be stinky, but they obviously have a purpose, or they wouldnt be here. an besides that they are really cute... smelly, but cute.

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
As soon as I read your post I thought of the Brits and the Hedgehogs....So I thought you may find that article helpful :biggrin:

care1978
04-03-2007, 01:14 PM
As soon as I read your post I thought of the Brits and the Hedgehogs....So I thought you may find that article helpful :biggrin:
i did thanks again!:)

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
NP http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thththththffd96b1a.gif

sjchickie
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Care1978. Dont let those people who are saying "its just a skunk" deter you. When I lived in BC, on 3 seperate occasions i saw 3 skunks one with the stuff that comes on your beer cans around its neck. And he was stuck so bad it was a sin, I also saw one with a mcflurry cup on his head and one with a broken beer bottle. It is a sin. I will help you in anyway I can. No animal deserves that around their neck and the fact that someone said you have to much time on your hands makes me SICK. Actually I lied what makes me more sick is that the person who wrote that would prolly walk on buy if they witnessed that act or any other in regards to wildlife.
Good for you care keep on rocking :)

Lemme_LQQK
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't those slurrpy cups have dome lids too? You know the one with flavoured shaved or crushed ice.

subaru2222
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Next we are gonna have a save the Mosquitoes Group.

It's a flipping skunk. Ew.

You are so sensitive. What if you saw a cute dog with a cup stuck to its head. Would you say its just a dog? The animals have been here longer then humans so its us that is causing them pain and destroying their forests. We should be lucky we can share this world with them as good as we do. Anyway we could all stop it from happening if we did not litter int he first place.

jdcb
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
It's good that your going to be proactive about an issue. But can I ask a question? Is it the fault of the company or the fault of the consumer?

girdy
04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
It's good that your going to be proactive about an issue. But can I ask a question? Is it the fault of the company or the fault of the consumer?

It's a mix of both. It's a problem when the consumer is throwing it out irresponsibly, but it would be great if the products were manufactured in a fashion that weren't of a dangerous nature. For example, if the lids were a hard pressed cardboard, they would decompose, and wouldn't be so strong that if something got caught in it that the animal couldn't get out.

kaj27
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
You are so sensitive. What if you saw a cute dog with a cup stuck to its head. Would you say its just a dog? The animals have been here longer then humans so its us that is causing them pain and destroying their forests. We should be lucky we can share this world with them as good as we do. Anyway we could all stop it from happening if we did not litter int he first place.

Now thats taking something way out of context.

Funny how this thread is named "I'm Disgusted"

I'm kinda disgusted that you would go up to a wild animal like that. That skunk could have had rabies, Good job endangering your life for a little animal. A injured or trapped animal is like a time bomb, You don't know what they are going to do or if they are going to snap.

But I guess to me that is common sense. You come first, Not lil skunks.

Misty589
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
slushies at corner stores have those lids as well.

Mandi
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM

If you'd read the innitial post,

unfotunately we cant stop litterers from littering, but perhaps we can change what it is they are littering.
thanks for listening to my vents and thoughts!

It's a sad thing, Clearly it's the consumer, but if the product weren't made then there's no real problem. The dome lids are unnessary any way.

T-Diddy
04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
If I were a skunk, I would want that off my head!....Good work care1978. As an animal lover (and I mean all animals, even skunks), I would have done the same thing. I am a huge believer in the saying "No good deed goes unnoticed" Someday you will be rewarded for being such a caring person. Good luck, and Im glad that the little bugger didn't spray ya!

care1978
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
[quote=kaj27;73864]
I'm kinda disgusted that you would go up to a wild animal like that. That skunk could have had rabies

I actually had a discussion with a gentleman from the canadian humane society today who said the same thing.... and i said to him, well any stray dog or cat is just as likely to be rabid, but we would stop to help one of them, to me there is no difference.... i actually find it discriminating towards the little guys, to be outcasted bc they are able to spray( for their own protection) then i was told that there is an abundance of skunks in NB (however i only see them very rarely) so basically they arent too worried about saving one. i say that there is an abundance of cats also, but we are always rescuing them(and we should be)
thanks to everyone who is supportive, i do appreciate it. it is nice to know that there are people in this city whom still have big hearts, and yes i did forget but you are right slushies do have dome lids ;)
thanks again!

sjchickie
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Someone pee in your cornflakes this morning Kaj???? Its one thing if you do not agree with what she did. That is perfectly ok but its another thing that you are calling her out and being rude to her over an act that she did out of pure kindness. I suggest your grow up a bit and stop being rude to those just trying to help an innocent skunk. Just because it sprays or could have rabies doesnt mean it deserves to die. Cry me a river Kaj :D

Care as i said before your doing the right thing. Some people are just messed up :D

care1978
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Someone pee in your cornflakes this morning Kaj???? Its one thing if you do not agree with what she did. That is perfectly ok but its another thing that you are calling her out and being rude to her over an act that she did out of pure kindness. I suggest your grow up a bit and stop being rude to those just trying to help an innocent skunk. Just because it sprays or could have rabies doesnt mean it deserves to die. Cry me a river Kaj :D

Care as i said before your doing the right thing. Some people are just messed up :D

kaj27
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Cry me a river? I think I should be saying that. It is just a skunk. If a person had something stuck on em or whatever helping would be obvious, hell it's the law! But a animal; especially a gross one....Not me.

And yes someone did pee in my flakes. I woke up to snow.

sjchickie
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM
hahahaha well waking up to snow peeved me off too LOL:eek:

Tara
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
As genuinely sorry as I would feel for the skunk, I'm sorry I wouldn't go near it. Mainly for the fact of it could have rabies and I'm not going to risk my safety, so I would call someone who is SUPPOSED to take care of these things.

care1978
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Cry me a river? I think I should be saying that. It is just a skunk. If a person had something stuck on em or whatever helping would be obvious, hell it's the law! But a animal; especially a gross one....Not me.

And yes someone did pee in my flakes. I woke up to snow.
how is something that has a defense mechanism disgusting? so basically humans are disgusting too bc we carry guns,knives,and other idiotic weapons to defend oursleves, the difference is what we carry actually kills, a skunks spray isnt going to kill anyone,and in actuality a skunk doesnt spray as often as people like to think. and in case you didnt know, endangering an animal (no matter what the animal) is against the law, and in alot of cases you can get a harsher sentence for harming an animal then you can a human. dont try to argue what is disgusting and what isnt, if you arent going to be insightful then dont bother responding. i asked for help not criticism.

care1978
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
As genuinely sorry as I would feel for the skunk, I'm sorry I wouldn't go near it. Mainly for the fact of it could have rabies and I'm not going to risk my safety, so I would call someone who is SUPPOSED to take care of these things. Now that is my perogative, and I hope no one jumps down my throat about this. Lord knows I've had it too much on this damn place lately when it wasn't warrented.
oh i called animal control, they refused to come and help, thats why i did it. it wasnt even aware i was there and even if he hadda tried ot bite me, he wouldnt have been able to bc the dome was on his head. but i wasnt thinking of that, i would do it again. but thats just me.

kaj27
04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
how is something that has a defense mechanism disgusting? so basically humans are disgusting too bc we carry guns,knives,and other idiotic weapons to defend oursleves, the difference is what we carry actually kills, a skunks spray isnt going to kill anyone,and in actuality a skunk doesnt spray as often as people like to think. and in case you didnt know, endangering an animal (no matter what the animal) is against the law, and in alot of cases you can get a harsher sentence for harming an animal then you can a human. dont try to argue what is disgusting and what isnt, if you arent going to be insightful then dont bother responding. i asked for help not criticism.

Endangering an animal. Funny how I can get a varmint license and actually shoot those little rats.

I can respond to any post made on this site, If you take it to heart don't start a thread. If you ask something expect all sides.

And yes skunk spray is disgusting. They have anal glands that emit a terrible odor of sulfur. I don't care if it's nature, It's gross.

T-Diddy
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
When I was just a wee lad my father worked for the City of Saint John "Water and sewage Department" He got a call at home one night saying that there was a skunk trapped in one of the water mains here in the city. Without hesitation he got his rainsuit and a rope, and went and lassoed that little critter to safety.......Way to go Dad.....Wonder if it is the same little mischievious skunk, no wait that would make the skunk somewhere in the age range of 45 or so.....lol.....True story!

care1978
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Endangering an animal. Funny how I can get a varmint license and actually shoot those little rats.

I can respond to any post made on this site, If you take it to heart don't start a thread. If you ask something expect all sides.

And yes skunk spray is disgusting. They have anal glands that emit a terrible odor of sulfur. I don't care if it's nature, It's gross.
its not sulfur..... you might want to educate yourself a little more.
Skunks use a highly odoriferous secretion to deter predation: A yellow oil composed of thiols and thioacetate derivatives of these thiols. thanks

christine chittick
04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Well....there's always contacting PETA! LOL! Sorry... on a more serious note, to have something like this banned it requires a lot of work. Not saying that you don't have the time - It sometimes can be done, I'm not sure if it could in this case - but... I would research the issue extensively - meaning try and get some statistics of the dangers to wildlife and domestic animals from these containers, down to actually proving that it can endanger animals (which you have witnessed first hand)- sometimes that itself is easier said than done....then contact the companies that manufacture and distribute the domes, then contact the companies that uses them. If they refuse to do anything to prevent something like this from happening - threaten to go to the media. No one wants bad publicity....start a petition, go to council, contact your MLA... I might be able to get you the site the DLCC (Dog Legislation Council of Canada) uses to start petitions against breed specific legislation/ bans. I'm not sure after that where to send the petition etc. but I might be able to get you some help on that because a good friend of mine is head of the DLCC and deals with petitions on a regular basis.

Hell, if a small community can ban the use of plastic bags - then a small city SHOULD be able to get together and make a difference in helping its wildlife!

care1978
When I was just a wee lad my father worked for the City of Saint John "Water and sewage Department" He got a call at home one night saying that there was a skunk trapped in one of the water mains here in the city. Without hesitation he got his rainsuit and a rope, and went and lassoed that little critter to safety.......Way to go Dad.....Wonder if it is the same little mischievious skunk, no wait that would make the skunk somewhere in the age range of 45 or so.....lol.....True story!
i admit they stink.... but so does my sons diaper. and its not like im going to ignore my son when he needs a changing, so why ignore an animal that will end up dying needlessly, not that a skunk comes before my son, but in this case i guess i was in the right place at the right time to ba able to help the little guy. im not ashamed of what i did, and i would totally do it again. if i hadda walked on by and forgot about that skunk knowing i could have helped it, i wouldhave felt terrible about myself. i know that they are here for a reason as are we all. and they were probably here first, so we should appreciate and try to preserve our wildlife while we still have it.

kaj27
its not sulfur..... you might want to educate yourself a little more.
Skunks use a highly odoriferous secretion to deter predation: A yellow oil composed of thiols and thioacetate derivatives of these thiols. thanks

LOL!

You do know what methyl and butyl thiols contains right? RIGHT?

Those chemicals contain Sulfur. Nice try though.

care1978
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
i just re-educated myself, and the amount of sulfur is very minimal, that it is closely related to alcohol. who cares about that anyways? it is completely off topic. you gonna help?if you are fine, if you arent thats great too.

care1978
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
ok Christine... i just read your post and thanks ill take any info you can supply, i appreciate it. for those out there thast think i dont have a job i do, i tihnk it is funny how people just assume that you must not work if you have time to care about something other than work. lol kinda funny. i ahve a great life, and i would hate to wake up as bitter as some of the people on here everyday, its a terrible way to live.

sjchickie
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
What is so wrong with activism of any sort weather it be animal, political, gay, whatever it may be its nice someone wants to devote there precious time to a cause. We are NOTHING like the United States and helping a skunk somehow relates to the US?

Care I cant believe that of all the calls you made no one would help. Seems a little inhumane to me!!!! I dont have any idea why people on here are giving you such trouble but lack of things to do must be one of them.

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't quite understand how Care wanting to help animals can bother any of you at all. With all the bad is the world I am happy to see someone focusing their time on something positive, no matter how irrelevant to some.

In the UK the flurry cups were changed for almost the same reasons. If you do not believe me actually read the article I posted.

babydollbrat
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Way to go care!
I would have done the same if I was in your position.
Please do not let a few uncaring people ruin your good deed!
You are my hero of the week!

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Care already made this point...I missed it.
oops.

Lemme_LQQK
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Care1978, I look at it this way and so should all, you seen that poor lil skunk for a reason, and he was sent in your direction for 1 reason, and the reason was "for help" you did what you had to do and so did he , you both walked away. Now if you seen some of the bashers on here with a bowl, or a paint can or pot, or something stuck on their heads , I bet you'd be tempted to look the other way, no wait ,would have to be something bigger than that bc they're heads are so swelled up with soooo much knowledge "SNORT" .

What goes round comes around I say , and Care1978, "you go girl" !!!!!

care1978
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
thanks everyone! :)
my boyfriend says..." you got one foot closer to heaven now Care" lol
i did feel good about myself after i did it, so i guess i have already been rewarded.
thanks again for the encouraging words everyone :)

adm
04-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Kudos to you, Care. I must say that I began reading this post from the beginning and became tired of the ignorance and bickering amongst some of the less than worthy members (who are just a waste of bandwidth in my huble opinion!) and had to stop.

I'm proud of you for what you did. No good deed goes unrewarded. I hope you're rewarded in spades.

Keep up the good work, hopefully others will read this and pay it forward.

care1978
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Kudos to you, Care. I must say that I began reading this post from the beginning and became tired of the ignorance and bickering amongst some of the less than worthy members (who are just a waste of bandwidth in my huble opinion!) and had to stop.

I'm proud of you for what you did. No good deed goes unrewarded. I hope you're rewarded in spades.

Keep up the good work, hopefully others will read this and pay it forward.
thanks alot, i appreciate it! it makes me kinda sad to think not everyone thinks the same way(humanely i mean)
thanks again!

tjfresh
04-03-2007, 07:30 PM
way to go! if more people cared like you and I, and most of these people, this city would be a beautiful place. That "skunk" is one of gods creatures, and on behave of that little fella, I would like to thank you for your kindness. and Kaj, ease up man, god still loves you to,lol.

Cherry Pop
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Care I think your brave. I feel bad for the skunk but I don't know if I would be brave enough to do what you did! Way to go!!

care1978
04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
well thanks, i guess i should make something a little more clearer, a few people thought that i risked getting bit, but this was virtually impossible because the skunks face was being covered by the cup, so it basically was just a case of pull cup, and run like hell! lol i wasnt concerned about being bit rather than getting sprayed, but luckily neither happened! :)
thanks again

Mandi
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
well thanks, i guess i should make something a little more clearer, a few people thought that i risked getting bit, but this was virtually impossible because the skunks face was being covered by the cup, so it basically was just a case of pull cup, and run like hell! lol i wasnt concerned about being bit rather than getting sprayed, but luckily neither happened! :)
thanks again

Lol odd you should have to mention that considering in the post you said it couldn't see with a cup on it's head walking around sparatically or something along those lines... I guess some people just don't have an imagination. :rofl:

care1978
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
thats ok though, some people are probably like me, i miss stuff all the time when i read bc i read too fast :)

girdy
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
thanks everyone! :)
my boyfriend says..." you got one foot closer to heaven now Care" lol
i did feel good about myself after i did it, so i guess i have already been rewarded.
thanks again for the encouraging words everyone :)

If you had gotten sprayed, he would have been saying that through the patio door, because he would have locked you outside! lmao

I was out walking the dog one night and he took after a skunk. Unbelievable how bad that smell was.

Kudos, that was a brave thing to do, and I bet it left you feeling a heck of a lot better than if you had gone to bed knowing it was outside struggling.

It's true that if a skunk doesn't see you, he generally won't spray. If you live trap them and can get the trap covered with a blanket, you can transport them in your car. My dad does that all the time - with no volunteers to sit in the passenger seat though...

dmbeyea
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Well I aplaud you for helping the poor little skunk, I would have done the same. Every living thing on this planet desrves to have help when need no matter how small they are or disgusiting as some people say. DId you know you could have a skunk as a house pet? They are fully trainable also.

care1978
04-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Well I aplaud you for helping the poor little skunk, I would have done the same. Every living thing on this planet desrves to have help when need no matter how small they are or disgusiting as some people say. DId you know you could have a skunk as a house pet? They are fully trainable also.
yes i have heard that as long as they are desacked that they make great pets, pretty much like a cat. although i think that this is only allowed in the states. shame, they are soooo cute :)

Vix
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
There should be more people out there like you Care... I've had the opportunity to help some of gods creatures in my lifetime and some were successful and some we just couldn't help unfortunately. I would never go back and change the fact we helped when we could, so don't let UNCAREing lol people change your outlook....wouldnt' it be horrible if they too came back to earth reincarnated as oh I don't know, a Skunk...lol Bet they'd change their mind then huh... ;) They do have a right to "their" opinion, even if they have NO right telling "you" what you should or should not do...My .02.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Vix

care1978
04-03-2007, 10:40 PM

jdcb
04-04-2007, 06:58 AM
If you'd read the innitial post,

I did, but unfortunetly it's not all true, there are things that can be done. And I'm not putting it all on the consumer either. I really like the rallying for the bioderadable stuff. You know there is a bioderadable plastic now? It's not actually plastic of course. But Sanfransico has banned all Plastic bags at stores...

jdcb
04-04-2007, 07:03 AM

I'm sorry, this made no sense to me. Guns and knives hurt, that's painful, unlawful, and really mean to use on someone. But disgusting? Naw, disgusting is a horrifically terrible nauseating smelly substance that can temorarily blind me and leave me gagging....

jdcb
04-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Oh, Care, please don't take my first post negatively. I wasn't intending to imply in any way that what you intend to do is bad, I wish you the best. And I do hope the skunk gets the ring off it's head before too long, and before he gets to big...

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't think that what smell the animal produces has really anything to do with what care's point is. Humans make smells that make me gag :p

It takes all kind of people to make the world go 'round. This includes skunk lovers, it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.:biggrin:

I just think that it is really easy to nay-say Care, but she is standing up for something she feels seriously about. And it is something for the better, so although it may not tackle all of the major issues facing our wildlife, it's a start.

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Also it is the fault of the consumer for littering. But we have been trying to get people to stop littering for years...

The corporations have a responsibility to make their disposable products earth friendly. It's good publicity for them too.

jdcb
04-04-2007, 07:29 AM
she was saying something like a knife is disgusting while a putrid liquid was not...

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I just wanted to say something else to you Care, in the times we are living in we are all very environment-conscious. This may be one of the best times to set your plight into motion. If you really are serious about it, you may see some results. You will have to have brood shoulders, because there are going to be plenty of people trying to tell you what you are doing is silly and that you should give up.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thskunk.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thget_well_soon.jpg

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:43 AM
jdcb says: she was saying something like a knife is disgusting while a putrid liquid was not...

Well I do not agree with that particular statement [she made]. I do not really think that was what she was trying to say though. I think she was using that statement to try and prove a point. Some posters unfairly attacked her, it was almost like they were doing it for kicks.http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thskunk.gif

jdcb
04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Some posters unfairly attacked her

I know, I just removed some of them...

babydoll101
04-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I know, I just removed some of them...

That's good. All she was doing was trying to save a skunk and trying to start something good by banning those horrible lids. Somepeople just like to say anything without thinking first that it might hurt other peoples feelings. I say they need to grow up.

Care, I think what you want to do is amazing. I hope you continue it and really get somewhere. Good Luck and kudos to you:)

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Good I am glad they are gone, since they were mostly needless comments.

Do not flame jdcb, but I'd be more than happy to ignore your rude PMs if you would like to send them my way http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/ththtry13.gif

care1978
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
she was saying something like a knife is disgusting while a putrid liquid was not...
no i said "humans" must be disgusting bc we use defense mechanisms all the time except what we use can actually kill a person. i didnt say knives were disgusting.

care1978
04-04-2007, 12:39 PM
[quote=care1978;73942]how is something that has a defense mechanism disgusting? so basically humans are disgusting too bc we carry guns,knives,and other idiotic weapons to defend oursleves, the difference is what we carry actually kills, a skunks spray isnt going to kill anyone
i meant that it is only defending itself the only way it knows how. it doesnt actually harm anyone, it just smells

this is what i actually said :)
thanks for the supportive comments everyone, im still working on it, i figure if they could make the lids differently in the UK then why not here? actually i cant believe that once it wasdone in the UK that it wasnt just done globaly.:rolleyes:

care1978
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
i would also like to add that in my original post i stated that this isnt just about a skunk, but about animals in general, wild and domesticated :)

jdcb
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
no i said "humans" must be disgusting bc we use defense mechanisms all the time except what we use can actually kill a person. i didnt say knives were disgusting.

I see. In your proposal see what you can find out about bio degradable plastics...

care1978
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I see. In your proposal see what you can find out about bio degradable plastics...
yes i will thats a good idea! thanks :)

missday
04-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Great Job Care! Just wanted to let you know that if you need any help with this let me know I will do anything to help out. Don't listen to the negative. People like that just don't have anything else better to do with their time than to sit at their computers and try to make people upset and feel bad.
My biggest biggest pet peve is people who voice their opinions knowing that their opinion is not wanted or needed.

care1978
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Great Job Care! Just wanted to let you know that if you need any help with this let me know I will do anything to help out. Don't listen to the negative. People like that just don't have anything else better to do with their time than to sit at their computers and try to make people upset and feel bad.
My biggest biggest pet peve is people who voice their opinions knowing that their opinion is not wanted or needed.
thanks, for the support, im waiting o na return call from the CEO of McDonalds' office in Toronto.... if i dont get a call back i will try next week, i reealize the long weekend will effect their prompt response.
if i think of anything i could use help with i will be sure to let you know!
thanks again!:D

vanessalynn5484
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I do not want to make too much of a commitment because my schedule is pretty jam packed and I wouldn't want to let you down; However I am lightening fast on a computer so if you need anyone to send off some e-mails or anything related to that you can PM me with the info or e-mail vanessalynn5484@yahoo.ca . I will help the best I can.

care1978
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I do not want to make too much of a commitment because my schedule is pretty jam packed and I wouldn't want to let you down; However I am lightening fast on a computer so if you need anyone to send off some e-mails or anything related to that you can PM me with the info or e-mail vanessalynn5484@yahoo.ca . I will help the best I can.
thanks alot! i apprecaite it. i will let you know im sure you could probably send an email or two! ;)

care1978
04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
i meant that sarcastically, i hope people know that i wasnt trying to say people are actually disgusting, but alot of people's actions are. my point made sense to me.... :confused:

Mandi
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
i meant that sarcastically, i hope people know that i wasnt trying to say people are actually disgusting, but alot of people's actions are. my point made sense to me.... :confused:

It seemed pretty straight forward that you meant that some people's deffense mechanisms/ methods/ plain stupidity with use of weapons was what was disgusting, and not humans or humainty as a whole.

care1978
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
It seemed pretty straight forward that you meant that some people's deffense mechanisms/ methods/ plain stupidity with use of weapons was what was disgusting, and not humans or humainty as a whole.
good! thats what i was trying to say thanks :)

care1978
04-11-2007, 11:11 PM
just an update, phoned McDonald's ON(main office), left a few more messages and havent gotten a response yet GRRRR!

patbez
04-14-2007, 10:35 PM
care1978: You are awesome!!! There should be more people like you in the world!!!

Last week I saw a little birdie with a broken wing or leg...couldn't quite tell. I felt so badly for it. I rushed home & told the hubby, thinking we could do something for it, but when we got back outside it was gone. I think it had hopped around the side of the building, but we couldn't find it. I would have felt so badly had I just walked home & forgotten all about the poor thing.

I guess being compassionate about anything other than fellow human beings means I'm jobless & have no life as well...if I'm going by what some members here seem to think. While in fact, I feel that taking the time to write out a negative response to such actions & put someone down for risking harm or stinky spray to help a living creature shows not only a lack of compassion, but obviously a serious lack of social life. Seems some people get their jollies from being sarcastic grumps. But that's the great things about opinions...we each get to pick & choose whose matters :)

countesscurling
04-17-2007, 04:40 AM
We should be more upset that there is no organization that would look after the problem in the first place. You should not have had to help that skunk in the first place. Animal control, Natural Resources or someone else should have been able to deal with it. We had a incident last year with a sick groundhog just wandering up and down the street. I was told the only thing I could do was call PCO and have them trap and most likely kill it at my expense!!!!