PDA

View Full Version : Garbage on our Properties

seadog2006
04-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I want to know I'm not alone here, but is anyone else sick and tired of the massive amount of garbage that gets thrown onto our properties on a weekly, almost daily basis? I'm talking about flyers like "Saint John Weekend" and other junk I didn't ask for. I was out for a drive this morning and noticed that almost every yard has these flyers wrapped up in plastic bags. Some driveways and yards have several of them waiting to be picked up. A lot of them get kicked onto the streets and sidewalks. Some are caught hanging in bushes and trees. I live on the west side and to me this takes away from the beauty of the neighborhood. Is it too much to ask that the delivery guys stop throwing these things from the car, and instead put it in the mailboxes? What if we don't want to receive these flyers, do we have a choice? Aren't they breaking the law by littering on my property here? Is it up to me to build a large sign on my front lawn "NO FLYERS"? Is there someone I can call to complain about this?

I feel better now.. comments??

Alyssa1234
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I think you can call to Telegraph Journal to get them to stop giving them to you. I enjoy the flyers, it takes 2 seconds to pick them up but I agree it would be nice if they ended up in the mailbox. Flyers are good , save you money sometimes.lol

vanessalynn5484
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
You can even view the flyers online and as long as you remember to call and cancel this will help save paper, litter, and the eyesore on your property. Someone had posted links on the site for online flyers, if I find it I will post it here.
:biggrin:

vanessalynn5484
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Found it...gotta love that forum search tool :D

http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?t=5616&highlight=online+flyers

seadog2006
04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I didn't know you could cancel your flyers. I never asked to receive them in the first place and I wasn't even sure who to call because I never bothered to open them. I usually throw them striaght into the recycle bin.

mama2be
04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I myself love the flyers too, and I am glad I get them but also Would appreciate if they put them in the mailbox as well. I mean my mailbox is quite big and they just drop them on the ground.