PDA

View Full Version : Minimum wage going up?

mommahas2babies
03-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Anyone hear this??? If it goes up again, will those people already making that rate be pushed up or stay the same hrly rate??

Mandi
03-29-2007, 10:10 PM
if it does go up, thoseon min wage now will also get paid the new minimum wage.

mommahas2babies
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
but what about the ones that are already making say 7.75 (thats what I heard the new wage rate is gonna be)... If u are making 7.75 now and then the new rate comes in will u get a pay raise or just stay at the min wage rate? Doesnt seem fair to be stuck at the same rate when everyone else who may be making less than u all of a sudden are getting the same kwim? Does anyone know for sure if the min wage rate is actually going up or is that another rumor? I hear NB is trying to keep up with NS...

girdy
03-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Go to the NB Government web site, and do a search on minimum wage.

http://www.gnb.ca/0308/FactSheets/03c.pdf

kimbey76
03-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I was looking up minimum wage a few weeks ago and it went up in january and is supposed to go up again in july

kaj27
03-30-2007, 08:17 AM
but what about the ones that are already making say 7.75 (thats what I heard the new wage rate is gonna be)... If u are making 7.75 now and then the new rate comes in will u get a pay raise or just stay at the min wage rate? Doesnt seem fair to be stuck at the same rate when everyone else who may be making less than u all of a sudden are getting the same kwim? Does anyone know for sure if the min wage rate is actually going up or is that another rumor? I hear NB is trying to keep up with NS...

That depends on your employer.

Misty589
03-30-2007, 06:15 PM
it goes up in july and there is no rule that you're pay has to go up, if you are making 7.25 now and min goes up to 7.25 they can keep you there, if your boss is really really nice they may give you a raise but are in no way obligated to do so.

raveneffect
03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been working for a said store for a few years now and every time I get a raise, minimum wage goes up and cancels it out. They don't have to pay the increase so I'm still pretty much making what someone who walks off the street makes. No offence to them, but I know that I don't feel appreciated when I never get ahead and even a promotion to another position still pays the same as everyone else so that is my rant and that's why I found a new better paying job.