PDA

View Full Version : Rockwood Park's Bark Park

Murphinator
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello All,

I couldn't find the orginial post, so I am starting a new one.

I was born and raised in SJ, but currently live in Dartmouth, which sadly lacks off leash areas for your dogs, only 2 for all of Halifax-Dartmouth and surrounding areas. I will be participating in a Workshop for Off Leash Parks and since I had the opportunity to visit your Bark Park this past October while home for Thanksgiving I was wondering if you could provide some feedback on how the Bark Park is working out.

What are the likes/dislikes
How is it monitored if it is at all
How are disputes handles, monitoring of "poop patrol", agressive dogs, etc.
Who pays for the maintenance, is their sponsors, etc.

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

mama2be
03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I always take my dog to the dog park. He loves it there. I found pretty much all the dogs got along. Never seen many actualy dog fights. my only problem is when the weather is wet or it rains. theere is a lot of md around. they have a couple bins for 'poop' bag and they even provide the bags. I like it myself and it gives my dog a chance to be around other dogs and get used to them.
Anyone out there know when the dog park will be opening back up again? I noticed it was clsoed for the winter season. but didn't go and check to see when it was going to be opended back up again.
My only dislike really about the place is with the time change and all Would be nice to see a big spotlight there to light it up where sometimes I can't go till a little later and find that people leave once it gets dark. I would prob be there a little later if they had big lights bit they dont/ the park automatically closes at 10pm. but right now and in the fall it got dark a lot earlier than regular summer days. I would sugest bringing in toys or water for your pet though. I think it more cause dogs to get teritorial and all and you should give these at a seperate time or place out of the park. maybe even outside the gate.

puppyluv
03-30-2007, 06:50 AM
I would also remind you, make sure your pet has all of it's shots up to date, including bordella as that has made it's run through the BP last year.

leaha2879
03-30-2007, 07:16 AM
we have a park for dogs? i think that would be awesome, where is it located it? when can u go??

eagallant
03-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Where's this dog park?

puppyluv
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
In Rockwood Park I beleive. It is called the Bark Park

Mandi
03-30-2007, 10:28 PM
It's in rockwood park across from where the old playground use to be (the one that was all wooden.) and that big pavillion thingy with bathrooms that you have to walk past two mini beaches to get to, should that make anysense at all.

eagallant
03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Do you mean where the geese use to be or where the deer where? Is it fenced in?