PDA

View Full Version : Darned cat needs a beatin'

mommahas2babies
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Not literally.. but I just dont know what to do with my cat lately.. She is a beautiful well behaved cat up until 2 months ago... Lately she has started peeing on EVERYTHING! I dont know what is wrong with her.. She will wait till I leave the room then go pee on anything, clothes, bed, couch, shoes... I have tried spraying her with a water bottle, picking everything up off the floor, tried locking her out of the bedrooms. Nothing seems to work.. DOes anyone know what would cause this sudden change?? She is fixed... Yesterday I Was folding laundry on the bed, I went to put some towels away in the closet, came right back and she had peed on my clean folded laundry.. ARG!
Any help would be great!

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Have you taken her to the vet? Maybe she is having a bladder or kidney problem like an infection or something.

domarloc
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
My dog started to pee inside the house after a year of being trained. I took her to the vet and she is dealing with incontinense (can't hold her pee) She has been on medication for a few months now and things are much better.

mommahas2babies
03-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I am pretty sure that it is not a bladder problem per say... Because she does it only when I turn my back for a minute.. its like she is doing it to be spiteful.. I do have an appointment with the vet on monday but I just dont know what to do with her.. I love her, just hate having to constantly clean up after her...

adm
03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree with Cherry Pop here. That is a classic symptom of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), especially if this is a new occurence. You should really take her to the vet to have them check her over. I've been there and my old doll was peeing everywhere, some medication and she is just like new again.

It's generally best to not assume when it comes to a pet or a child. A vet visit is never a wasted trip.

PS - glad to see you're going to the vet :-)

Have you taken her to the vet? Maybe she is having a bladder or kidney problem like an infection or something.

MrsBeasley
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
One thing the Vet will do is get a complete history, therefore you will need to look back to when it started.

Has there been any new changes in the household? (new addition to the family? new furniture? new house? New pet? Any one move out? anything else that you can think of that may change her behavior?

How old is the cat?
Spayed?
Drinking more than normal?
Urinating large amounts or small amounts?
Does she seem painful when urinating?
What color is the urine (pale yellow, dark yellow, bloody)?
Does it smell stronger than it should?
Is she still using the box for urine? BM's?
Does more than one cat use the box?

These are some important ones to start with to help narrow down where the vet would go with diagnosing the problem.