PDA

View Full Version : pet peeve..it's 6:52am....and

puppyluv
03-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Someone honks their danged horn outside 3 times!:mad:
Now, this person does this every mrning they pick up who lives across teh way from me.
Why can't they either not honk ( which if I am correct is not permitted this early) or the person be ready waitinf to signal the driver that they see them?
My day off and I am now wide awake..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(

pepsimama
03-29-2007, 06:13 AM
I feel your pain my dear! Some people just don't think any further than the end of their own nose. I have had to ask people to turn down their stereos in the apartment beside me because the bass was causing all the glassware in my cabinet to ting ting ting to the beat. Not amusing.

Ah well, I hope you have a good day off regardless. :)

jdcb
03-29-2007, 06:30 AM
morn'n... Well, at least your at the right place for spending some time off...

I'm just finishing my shift up and want to go home go to bed, but wifes got an appointment with he doc at 8:30...

karen
03-29-2007, 07:45 AM
I have cab drives honking at all hours during both the day and the night when they are picking people up across the street. AND on the weekends, I have drunken teenagers hanging out at the end of my driveway. They are getting worse every weekend!

Lemme_LQQK
03-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Personally if it was me in your position, I would be used to that as just one of the everyday sounds and most likely wouldn't wake up after hearing it everyday .

Also if I was tired enough , I would of went right back to sleep anyway.
So c;mon now pup you can do better than that .....lol fess up, you were up late, late on pogo trying ta get your badge weren't ya?

murraydow
03-29-2007, 08:04 AM
As the guy that used to sit in the car and honk the horn, there is nothing more aggraviting than sitting in front of someone's house waiting for them to come out. You are doing them the favor of picking them up.
My advise is to talk to your neighbour....tell him to get out there and be waiting. You will probally solve two problems.

[don't use special characters to bypass the word filter]

puppyluv
03-29-2007, 08:22 AM
I dont sleep well to begin with. So when i can finally get to sleep, I want to stay asleep.

Lemme_LQQK
03-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Mornin Murray, I agree with you when you said "there is nothing more aggraviting than sitting in front of someone's house waiting for them to come out. You are doing them the favor of picking them up."

I went thru that very scenario for 3 months then I said ta heck with it.
I would leave a bit early to allow for the pick up , pull up to their house toot the horn twice then wait , I gave them 5 mins to come out , and usually they would come out looking as tho they just crawled out of bed all grouchy.

I always said that I wouldn't make myself late for work for anyone , unless there was an emergency. You know what time I am going to be there , make the effort to be ready and watching for me I say !

So I told them they'd have to find another way to work I wouldn't be doing it anymore. They hemmed n hawed so I told them to scratch their mad spot n get over it.

puppyluv
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
I agree..When I call a cab or someone is coming, I am standing by the door (if it is too cold outside) ready to go, shoes etc on..waiting so no honks, or inconvenience of waiting. But on the other hand, it is worth a nice little fine if the police catch a person honking before 8am.

kaj27
03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I was bothered this morning by something too.

6:15 my alarm went off. Time for work.

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I feel your pain. My street has people coming all hours of the day and night and there are always people picking up other people and honking their horns. I don't mind during the day but 11 pm, 3 am, 6 am....I think that is all a bit much. I don't think people realize how loud that horn is especially at 3 am.
Also since most people have cell phones now, why can't they make a quick call to let the person know they are outside waiting?!

SaskSask
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Ear Plugs?

Mandi
03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
where I use to live, there use to be someone with a car alarm, and it would go off at least once a week at around 4-6 am, and I could never get back to sleep. not so much fun, and they would just let it go until it stopped itself.

icedragon
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Thats funny

space
03-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I use to hear fire trucks all the time day and late at night and early hours in the morning with sirens on for about 18 years going towards red head or old black river rd. I got use to it.. lol

Lemme_LQQK
03-29-2007, 06:47 PM
I use to hear fire trucks all the time day and late at night and early hours in the morning with sirens on for about 18 years going towards red head or old black river rd. I got use to it.. lol

Hmmmm ,I have lived on the Old Black River Road all my life and and let me say it's been a lot longer than 18 yrs, rarely ,maybe 3 - 5 times a year do we hear the sirens coming out here. Mostly in the springtime when those nutty people that think by lighting their lawn a fire makes it greener...Ha ! All it does is make a lot of messy black soot to walk on. lol

But aside from that it's actually quite quiet out here. Could be you're hearing something else in your area that sounds like a siren. :cool:

oasis
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM

6:15 god are you ever lucky sleeping in like that! I get up at 4:30!!!!!
What bugs me is my upstairs neighbors. They let there 6 year old run around and jump off the furniture half the night. I rarely get enough sleep. I've complain to the land lord, but they are friends and he is afraid to OFFEND them.

He's quick enough to come after us if they complain! Well he was until the last time. I laid it out for him then. Unless he takes care of our problems to tell them to take there's and stick it.

He was told there were 2 dogs in the building and he would have to learn to get along with them. If he sees them go to the bathroom, he's on the phone complaining. Wants us to follow them around and as soon as the squat put a shovel under them!

I told the landlord that We will clean up when it is convenient for us not them. My wife is out most day 2 to 3 times a day cleaning. I help out on the weekends when I'm at home.

I think I got a bit off track ehh! Oh well sometimes ya gotta wine!!!!!!!!!

space
03-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Hmmmm ,I have lived on the Old Black River Road all my life and and let me say it's been a lot longer than 18 yrs, rarely ,maybe 3 - 5 times a year do we hear the sirens coming out here. Mostly in the springtime when those nutty people that think by lighting their lawn a fire makes it greener...Ha ! All it does is make a lot of messy black soot to walk on. lol

But aside from that it's actually quite quiet out here. Could be you're hearing something else in your area that sounds like a siren. :cool:

it be mostly in the spring an summer during grass fire season. I can see an hear fire trucks going by from my bedroom window. well if they aren't going to old black river rd every time I hear them then your very lucky! so it must be either grandview ave. or red head. this is from 1980 on. I live near from where I use to and I periodically hear them.

jdcb
03-30-2007, 04:57 AM
I get up at 4:30!!!!!

I go to bed at 8...

oasis
03-30-2007, 05:04 AM
I go to bed at 8...

So do I. When I was young my parents let me stay up until 9, 10 on the weekends!

jdcb
03-30-2007, 05:14 AM
So do I. When I was young my parents let me stay up until 9, 10 on the weekends!

erm, I go to bed at 8 AM...

puppyluv
03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
and they beeped again *sigh*

oasis
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
erm, I go to bed at 8 AM...

I did that for 7 years.

I much prefer day work! Only problem is come the weekend when I can sleep in I'm up at 5am!

We all have our little crosses to bear!

oasis
03-30-2007, 07:48 AM

Go get one of those canned air horns. When the car pulls up, sneeak up behind them and when they honk there horn walk up beside the driver and give it a blast. Then in a load voice (because they will be deafened) yell "I can keep this up all day bozo!"

It might not help you get back to sleep, but it will make you feel better!

I had a neighbor years ago that got up shortly after I went to bed in the mornings. he would go out to the living room and turn his stereo up so he could hear it at the other end of the house while he got ready for work. I tried talking to him and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. My only other neighbor would leave for work just as I was getting home.

So one day I bought 8 of these cans. When I'd hear him go into the bathroom I would stand out in my hallway and every couple of minutes I would give a 10 to 20 second blast from the horn.

After 4 days of this he stopped turning on his stereo.

I find most people only think of themselves. YOU are just an annoyance they are forced to put up with. It's a shame the world has gotten this way.

girdy
03-30-2007, 08:17 AM

With respect, you did nothing about it, of course they beeped again. And if you do nothing about it again, they'll beep on Monday. I'm not sure what you're expecting to accomplish by daily updates in iSaintJohn, get out on Monday morning and tell the driver and your neighbor that the behavior is unacceptable.

vanessalynn5484
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Sometimes it's better to vent via an outlet before confronting someone face to face. It can make you a lot more rational and calm when speaking to the person. Trying to be polite usually accomplishes more than going up and speaking to them while you are still quite angry.

girdy
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Sometimes it's better to vent via an outlet before confronting someone face to face. It can make you a lot more rational and calm when speaking to the person. Trying to be polite usually accomplishes more than going up and speaking to them while you are still quite angry.

I don't disagree with you about being calm for a confrontational discussion. Just trying to prod Puppy to do something about it, because unless a meteorite comes down to squash the car, this is going to continue every day.

Venting for a post I don't understand, and normally I just ignore the venting threads. But surely it doesn't take more than a day to calm down enough to have a conversation with someone.

jdcb
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM

true story...

Nail
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Try this one on for size. North End. Not with a car horn, because car horns go off so often in that part of town that you get used to it, but by some stupid thug in his Rustang listening to the bassiest crap music at the loudest setting....At 6 am...TRYING to burn off his tires going in and out of my street. That was MY favourite morning...

trinity
03-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Go get one of those canned air horns.
I had a neighbor years ago that got up shortly after I went to bed in the mornings. he would go out to the living room and turn his stereo up so he could hear it at the other end of the house while he got ready for work. I tried talking to him and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. My only other neighbor would leave for work just as I was getting home.

So one day I bought 8 of these cans. When I'd hear him go into the bathroom I would stand out in my hallway and every couple of minutes I would give a 10 to 20 second blast from the horn.

After 4 days of this he stopped turning on his stereo.
way.

loving it! where can you buy this stuff?

vanessalynn5484
03-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't disagree with you about being calm for a confrontational discussion. Just trying to prod Puppy to do something about it, because unless a meteorite comes down to squash the car, this is going to continue every day.
I agree

Venting for a post I don't understand, and normally I just ignore the venting threads. But surely it doesn't take more than a day to calm down enough to have a conversation with someone.
I guess for me it depends on what they are venting about.

Rickster
03-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Feel my pain regarding this...I'm on Harley Highway and now it's spring. The old South Bay Rd. has got to be the loudest road in the City as evryone and there dog,lol, own a Harley. Mind you I like the bike but when you got a half dozen riding to work at 6:30 or earlier in the morn..well ...?? Week-ends, well forget about grabbing that extra nap you need from watching the late movie or other fun-loving activities , your up with the Crows. Yea . There should be some law here but the only one you can deal with is the party noise at night ! After 11;00 then either visit them or get your local officials to do it for ya !! That's Life ! - Rick.

puppyluv
03-31-2007, 08:20 PM
girdy, perhaps if a person saw themselves in this thread, they might think twice before roaring down someone street sqealing their tired, or honking their horn in the early am etc..

now as for updating people, it is easier to get idea's here and contemplate the best way to go around it without causing hard feelings with neighbors.

Cherry Pop
04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
girdy, perhaps if a person saw themselves in this thread, they might think twice before roaring down someone street sqealing their tired, or honking their horn in the early am etc..

now as for updating people, it is easier to get idea's here and contemplate the best way to go around it without causing hard feelings with neighbors.

I have an idea. If you want to be nice and polite about it, you could trying writing a little note to the person who is getting picked up explaining that the beeping their buddy is doing in the morning is waking you up. That way you are dealing with the neighbour and don't have to confront the person in the car. Your neighbour can confront the person in the car and maybe work out a different arraignment with them.