PDA

View Full Version : LF source for water cooler tap locks - to keep my kitty from water on demand

AreWeThereYetMom
03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
:p Wondering if anyone has seen water cooler tap locks around town?
I guess it would be like a child safety lock for my water cooler.
I think I've tried every home made contraption imaginable except turn the cooler around to stop my kitty from pressing the spout to get her water on demand.
One of these days she's going to figure out how to flip the prong up to get a continuous flow... she's figured out and ripped off anything I've tried. :(

djchopper6969
03-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Can't help you with a lock I just wanted to say that is one smart cat!

Mine likes his water fresh and flowing too but he just gets up on the fish tank and laps it up from the filter, we have one of the older water fall filters, or maybe he likes the fishy flavor? lol

You should get that cat on video....wonder what else it is able to do around the house?

AreWeThereYetMom
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, it's quite funny to watch her antics :o
I have one short video that I'll put up on photobucket sometime this weekend.
If cats could talk, I'm sure my other 2 cats are racking their brains wondering what the heck she is doing. She even figured out that the overflow tray will hold water so she knocked out the grate that covers it to get the water from the tray... :rofl:
Their water dish is changed daily, but she sure comes running when the toilet gets flushed. She scoops up the fresh toilet water in her paws... hasn't fallen in yet though haha.
That I don't mind, its the fear of an empty water cooler one of these days.

Rickster
03-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Smart cat !! but ....We are smarter(hopefully). What if you got a clamp , they sell sets at the dollar store and they are something like a large clothes-pin. Black with hinged jaws and the idea would be to place it onto the lever in such a way that when pressed it will not be able to go down onto that button that releases the water. It would act like a wedge of sorts between the lever and the button and easily removed when you want a drink !! I'd suggest a clothepin but the cat would just knock that off. These clamps are strong enough so as to not be 'pawed off'. It's the thickness that is important so as to be between the lever and button !. (hope you know what I mean ??) - Rick.

tred816
04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
What brand is your water cooler? The safety locks come with them and I'm sure I have mine kicking around somewhere. If it's not the same brand, just google the make and model and perhaps the company would send you some as a complimentary item if you contacted them about the problem.

lol that is one smart kitty! Mine's the same with the toilet flushing, but so far he hasn't figured out the cooler.