PDA

View Full Version : Old Tires?

blacksheep
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
How come when we go and have new tires installed on our vehicles we are charged a $3.00 tire levy on each old tire? Fundy Solid Waste commision has told me that I can take old tires to any place that sells tires and drop them off free of charge. Why can't they take the tires that they take off of my car and put them in with the recyclable tires?

kaj27
03-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Isn't it a $3.00 charge for the new tires?

notfarnow
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Isn't it a $3.00 charge for the new tires?

That's my understanding too. You pay a charge on your NEW tire, and then when it's all used up you just drop it off for free to have it recycled

Lemme_LQQK
03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
No , it's a charge for disposal for your old tires that they "supposedly* dispose of when you have the new ones installed as well as the guy told me "You will eventually be getting rid of the new ones sometime down the road"..... You pay that even if your take your old ones with you....Grrrrrr I say.

girdy
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
No , it's a charge for disposal for your old tires that they "supposedly* dispose of when you have the new ones installed as well as the guy told me "You will eventually be getting rid of the new ones sometime down the road"..... You pay that even if your take your old ones with you....Grrrrrr I say.

This is a great program. It prevents people from driving around dumping used tires in ditches and watersheds because they're too cheap to get rid of them responsibly. You require them to pay $3 when they buy the new tire, and then they're taken off, ground up, recycled, etc..

richunclepennywise
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
the $3 is a government charge