PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Visa Credit Card

djchopper6969
03-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok so tell me if you have ever heard of this....I called Visa today to ask them to lower my credit limit and they said NO. Bunch of greedy jerks. They gave me a bull reason saying my balance had to be less then 20% of my limit. So she says well I can lower it by $100 dollars....yes that will be lots of help to me. They are making it dificult for someone to keep themselves afloat. I know I have no will power to not use the card to buy something, but if I know there is no money on it then all I would do is embarass myself if I tried to use it.

I'm not asking them to increase it I could see the hastle if I was asking for that but I want to decrease the limit....seriously come on.

By the time you realize your spending is a tad out of control and your on the right path to correct it you have a big corporation like visa stickin' to ya. They don't want me to pay it off cause if I do they won't get any more outrageous interest payment out of me.

When I was in college they stuffed credit down my throat....wish I knew then what I know now.....*sigh* GRRRRR Stupid Visa Credit Card GRRRRR

domarloc
03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Thats crazy. I'd consider calling back and asking to speak to a supervisor maybe you just got a bad rep that didn't want to take the time to do it. It is your right to have it lowered if that is what you chose. I have lowered my limit before with Visa and had no problems.

tred816
03-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I've lowered mine before too. I did it right at the bank though. Did you try going in and making an appointment with someone there? They are much more helpful than calling and talking to someone anonymous on the phone.

Misty589
03-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Its really better for your credit score if you keep it at the limit it is. When I don't want to be tempted by CC I keep them out of my purse or wallet at home in a safe plac. some people go as far as to putting them in a ziploc bag of water and freezing them there :) I havn't gone that far but I probably would LOL,

Mandi
03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
some people go as far as to putting them in a ziploc bag of water and freezing them there :) I havn't gone that far but I probably would LOL,

That's a pretty darn awesome, and funny Idea. im so glad im not compelled to spend money every time i have it available on my cards.

The_Dave
03-26-2007, 07:52 PM
cut it up

AreWeThereYetMom
03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Lol... sorry, I had to laugh when i first read your post as it sounds like a Rod Stewart song... ' I wish - that - I knew what I know now
when I was younger'.
But I agree, I have a few friends had a similar experience where their credit card limit was magically increased on their credit cards because of good standing. And the first phone call to request that it be decreased was a battle, and some have had it negatively affecting their credit rating. Very weird system to say the least.

lemec
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
you know I know someone on social assistance that got approved for a $5000 visa imagine and her cheque is only $800 a month with 3 kids ..I never thought i'd see the day..Guess they will give money to naybody now adays

Mandi
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
you know I know someone on social assistance that got approved for a $5000 visa imagine and her cheque is only $800 a month with 3 kids ..I never thought i'd see the day..Guess they will give money to naybody now adays

Yeah...some of the people you know who are on assistance, from past discussion boards are clearly not trustworthy.
If they were approved, they clearly lied.

Cherry Pop
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Why does every post go to putting down those on income assistance?

Mandi
03-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Why does every post go to putting down those on income assistance?

Not all those on assistance, just ones who live with full time, very well paid employees, who pay $300 a month for a 3 storey, 3 bedroom apartment, heat and lights included...
You know, Those on income assistance.

puppyluv
03-27-2007, 06:30 AM
You are ignorantly presuming that people on assistance do not have good credit.
That is also what it is based upon. Sme compnaies will give cards to people that do not make much or on assistance.. Kind of like car places for those people who do work and have really bad credit.

Please stop stereotyping all people on assistance.

Yeah...some of the people you know who are on assistance, from past discussion boards are clearly not trustworthy.
If they were approved, they clearly lied.

kaj27
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
cut it up

It's as easy as that.