PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get a call like this?

Fast Eddie
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
i had a call just after 9 am from a guy saying he is fedEX and that he wants to finish his deliveries. he had my private number and address but not the apt number, i called fedEX and they have no record of a package coming here. wonder what kind of scam is this? anyone else recieve a call like this?

inuit
03-08-2011, 03:47 PM
OMG, Eddy there are so many going around right now. Here are a few I have gotten over the last month or so, (1) a fog horn blows and a taped message says I won a trip- gotten that one about 6 times (2) Some east indian calls and says I qualify for a new cell phone- they call me almost every night since just after xmas. They say they represent Bel Mobility but when I called Bell they have no record of it. I always tell them I am not interested but they still call (3)some east indian calls and tells me they have gotten error reports from my computer and can they have access to repair it (they called me on my cell phone) I said no, my son programs computers so if there is a problem, he will fix it (4) someone calls and asks you to press 9 adn then 0 and the # sign . I heard this from my nephew who is a RCMP officer. If you do this it allows them complete access to your phone and they can call anywhere and have it charged to your phone.

I am sure there are many more out there to. It just sucks!! I just straight across the board sa NO THANKS to phone requests.

puppyluv
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Say just hang on a minute. Put the phone down and walk away from it. Don't come back until you hear a beep beep beep noise saying they hung up. Do it until they stop calling you.
My friend tells them the person they are looking for IS DEAD> (quite bluntly I might add). They don't call him back either. (he is the one they ask for)
A friend in the states asks them in a sexy voice if they want to know what she has on. It stops them in their tracks. if they sys yes (most hang up pretty fast) she says GREAT BIG GRANNY PANTIES!. They don't call her back either. hahaha

puppyluv
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
ps Ed, I wouldnt give them that info. Tell them you will just go to the depot to pick it up.

Fast Eddie
03-08-2011, 06:07 PM
thanks. it actually was a fedEX guy, lol he had a letter for my son but no apt number, weird why the depot had no record of it.

inuit
03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Too funny. It's a sad world when we have to by necessity be suspicious and guarded

sanne
03-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Get a ref's whistle.....

NoseToTheGrind
03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
That's why I got me a new phone set from Aliant, 4 cordless handsets, and it can BLOCK any number you tell it too.....they can call...but will NEVER get through to you......very nice phone set indeed.

Fast Eddie
03-09-2011, 03:59 PM
does it work on private numbers?

NoseToTheGrind
03-09-2011, 04:09 PM
No, thats the only downfall...........but 80% of the spam callers show the numbers.........lol

NoseToTheGrind
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I used to forward my phone to 911, when they would call non stop after hanging up.........but i got my warning with two big cops at my door.....lmao...I said HEY, it was fun while it lasted.........lmao

Fast Eddie
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
hahaha.

rhiley_08j
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I used to forward my phone to 911, when they would call non stop after hanging up.........but i got my warning with two big cops at my door.....lmao...I said HEY, it was fun while it lasted.........lmao

Too funny!

fergiak
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
There is a "no call" number you an call to not allow these people to call. Having said that.. I have been on the no call list ( for home number as well as all our cell phones) and there are a few that still get through. I often say they have the wrong number.. the ones where you answer the phone and there is just white air.. i say hello twice then hang up.. never never give forth any information.. no matter who they say they are.. if you think you may want to talk to them.. take a number and call them back. then call the company's number.. not the one they gave you. There are SO many scams going on right now it is crazyt.. I also get that fog horn one and them saying I have won a trip ( I only listened to that part once).. and often, I don;t bother answering numbers that I don;t recognize.. if they really want to speak to someone here, they will leave a message.
It still amazes me how we still read in the news how people got scammed for $$..

T-Diddy
03-11-2011, 06:01 AM

Ahhhh just for the record..........It's not a joke tying up 911 for such foolishness! Your lucky that a warning is all you got!

NoseToTheGrind
03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Well I just figured, If they could bother me, then let them bother them...........everyone gets a warning the first time, but you gotta give me an A+ for originality.........can I hear an amen ???? LOL

inuit
03-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Hahah I have gotten 50 times more spam calles since I signed up for that "no calls" than I ever did before I got on that list. Go figure!