PDA

View Full Version : Perv's at the Aquatic Centre

Dreamweaver
03-26-2007, 05:55 AM
:eek: I went to the Aquatic Centre on Sunday with my kids and was totally disgusted by the number of ooogling men there. I counted 3 in a relatively small number of observers. They may have been there with their kids, but they were obviously checking out the young girls.

I have no problem if the objects of their "oogles" were at least close in age to their own, but these were young girls between the ages of 11-15. They were commenting on them and doing the ankle to chest looks. It was totally disgusting.

I mentioned this to the staff and was told they hadn't noticed anything unusual - which must mean they're blind because these guys were not shy about their stairs, but that I was probably right. Still there was nothing they could (would) do about it. I told them there was something I could do about it. I won't be bring my kids there anymore. This is a shame because it is a beautiful facility and I know the guards have a tough job and do a great job. Still, these pigs ruined it for me.

Tara
03-26-2007, 05:58 AM
omg that is disgusting. I probably would have said something outloud right there to them.

Cherry Pop
03-26-2007, 08:08 AM
That is so gross! I don't blame you for not wanting to take your kids back there. I would have said something to the men after the lifeguards wouldn't do anything but that's just me and my big mouth! You should call and ask to speak to someone higher up about the situation.

sjchickie
03-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Oogling is not enough to kick them out of their because you cant prove it. I mean yeah its awful they are looking at kids but can you really be sure?? and who says just because they are weak and stare at kids that makes them child molesters. There are perv's everywhere including the mall and ALL the beaches. Don't choose not go to the aquatic center anymore then you will have to cut swimming out of your childrens lives altogether. Cause trust me there are MANY beaches in this city where perv's sit and stare all day. At least if anything happened at the aquatic center they are cameras. Just some food for though...dont blame the lifeguards they are there to make sure your kids dont drown and are taught to keep their eyes on the pool. No offence but if that guard was off talking to perv's and a child drowned he or she would be repsonsible. Its an isolated incident and I just dont get why people choose to put this stuff on a forum

but even if she called what will they do???? Its against their human rights until they touch those children or make duragatory comments....unfortunatley we are in a perv's world in the year 2007. Just next time call him out about it...

Tara
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
[quote=sjchickie;68387]and who says just because they are weak and stare at kids that makes them child molesters[quote]

As a parent, I do. SO help me any perv that ogles my children will have their eyes removed and served up for dinner. I can't even handle this topic quite frankly because it just has me seeing red and gives me a migraine.

sjchickie
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I am also the mom of a wonderful 2 year old girl. But at the same time im not nieve...what will the aquatic center do???? They are kids trained as lifeguards. If they turn there heads and a kid drowns they are responsible. Bottom line. Do not blame 18 year olds. Second of all...all I'm doing is offereing another opinion...So from now on dont take your children to any public beaches...if you think the perv's are only at the AC your wrong. There are MANY at our public beaches and to me thats more creepy as its not a confined space and if i turn my head they could snatch my child. That 100% will not and could not happen at the AC as there is security and cameras everywhere. What happened makes me see red also but im not gonna hoop and holler at the AC for it its out of their control.

Mandi
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Dis.gust.ing. I know someone who use to make leude comments to their thirteen - ish year old paper girl, and she just grinned and beared it. She made good tips and said that's the only reason she didn't quit her job. It's disgusting how people can find attraction in children. I will never bbegin to understand how they do, or how it makes them feel powerful. If anything they should feel weak because if they were to make comments about women their own age like that they would likely just scoff and not look in their dirrection.

Tara
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
I never said I would stop taking my kids to the AC. I never said the only pervs were at the AC and I am FAR from naive so I hope those statements were directed somewhere else. I dont even take my kids to the beach anyway because I dont have a vehicle and it's easier to go to the AC.

Mandi
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
The beach is free . period. when you pay for a service, you expect a safe environment for you and your children. period. People work hard for their money, and places like the ac are places they expect to go, pay a bit o cash, and relax, not be worried about some sexual deviant making rude comments about their 12 year old daughter or son.

Dreamweaver
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
If there are perverts staring at young children at a public beach, you can phone the police and report that person as a nusance...not to mention "pig".

To address the point that lifeguards are there to protect the children in the water, I couldn't agree more. However, they have been monitoring the glass observation area thru the pedway, because that has been a trouble spot for them. They ask viewers to move along if they stand and gawk for an uncomfortable amount of time. It would seem to me that if they can "police" the glass up on the pedway, they should be able to at least watch what's going on in their own back yard. It's 2007 for crying out loud. They should at least have a security person on site - don't cha think?

I would like to add that I have taken my children there for many, many years...and never had a problem. This was my first bad experience. But it was icky and measures should be in place so that these occurances NEVER happen or at least when they do, which let's face it...they will happen, then procedures need to be in place to address them. Saying there is nothing they can do while a pervert gawks at my 12 year old was the deal breaker for me.

Misty589
03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I take my daughter to the aquatic center and have never had any problems, or noticed any. but There are pervert everywhere and thats why I am there with her at the pool, I rely on ME to protect her not a life guard or anyone else.

Cherry Pop
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I think this is a lesson to realize that there are pervs everywhere nowadays and we all need to make sure we keep a closer eye on our children. Gosh I remember being my daughter's age -9 - and being allowed to roam around my neighbourhood, now I don't even let my daughter go in our fenced in backyard by herself. There are some real scary people out there!

The_Dave
03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately the perverts hang out were the kids are. I would have approached them asap. To often people do not say anything.

AreWeThereYetMom
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I've been there a few times in the past month.. once for a family swim and another for swim lessons. Both times a much different group of people watching and participating.
I'm always trying to keep a scan for risks wherever we go whether I'm alone or with the kids - :( Sadly, I just don't trust anyone in a public environment.
There's always some unique ignoramus looking to cause some issue with something.

Should the opportunity ever come up to call out someone for something I feel is a threat to my children - I just couldn't stay silent as it implies approval and normalcy especially for this type of inappropriate situation. I'd want to make sure I have visible witnesses nearby or even ask the person if they are 'aware their conduct is making a scene'. :mad: I've never tried that line, but plan to if I have an issue next week or anytime that I'm there with my kids for their swim. It does pay to be paranoid these days.

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
You know what you need to do?

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, if so, forgive this post.

Next time you see any guy gawking at young girls in any public place, go sit near enough to them that they can evidently and clearly notice your presence, and just stare right back at them, never batting an eye.

Once they notice you and plainly see you are staring at them they'll become uncomfortable by your own oggling, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

If the guy comes over to start a conversation because he has recieved a 'mis-cue' from your stares (perhaps thinking you were interested in him) flattly tell him you're not interested and that you were only staring at him because he was caught oggling the young girls like a pervert!

Yeah!

DO that!

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com (http://www.ant-tropolis.com/)
Email: roger@ant-tropolis.com

jdcb
03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Saying there is nothing they can do while a pervert gawks at my 12 year old was the deal breaker for me.

Here's the thing, how do you prove it? I'm not defending them in any way, but a person is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. And for the people who said "I'd take care of it," shame on you! vigilante justice is no kind of justice, and your probably over-reacting anyway.

And who would be making the scene, the people sitting there probably not doing anything, or the person freaking out at them.

This could have been a group of guys with thier own kids at the pool. There are many other legitimate reasons they could be there. As human beings, we tend to only see what we want to see, and it's usually the worst. I'm soon to become a parent, and while it's ok to be a concerned parent, I hope I'm not as overbearing as some of the people on here.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from going to the AC. It's a good place, and as previously said i too think there 'are' camera's there if anything did happen...

rhiley_08j
03-28-2007, 02:26 PM
this is creeping me out because i have 2 daughters starting swim lessons at the ac tonight!!but their nice BIG scary looking daddy is bringing them so god help the perv that looks at my girls!!

sjchickie
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks JDCB thats what i was trying to get across from the first post. Dont get discouraged from going to such a great facility...and rhiley why be so scared??? your gonna be right there? we cant live our lives in fear of them or we wont be living at all. I agree we cant prove that its happening so take matters into your own hands. God knows who those men were starring at not calling anyone a liar but some people make mountains out of mole hills. :)

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
No, you shouldn't be discouraged to take your children to the Aquatic Center, but even looking at girls that young or making comments about their bodies is not normal sexual behaviour for older men. It is certainly not acceptable.

Tara
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
"And for the people who said "I'd take care of it," shame on you!"

Well shame on me then, because quite frankly I would cause a scene. Couldn't care less if I get thrown out and banned. Couldn't care less if I go to jail. Just as long as I make it worth my while.

care1978
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i just dont understand what is appealing about a child? it makes me naseous just thinking about it. if someone was ogling my child and it was evident to me, i would probably confront the person but in a calm manner as not to draw too much attention to myself or my child. just make it known that i am aware of what they are doing, it should be enough to make the person uncomfortable and want to leave. but it is pretty hard to prove something like that. i guess if the person left soon afterward you would get the idea about what was actually going on. it is possible that the men were commenting on their own children, maybe they were just making idle, chit chat. i agree though that nowadays a little paranoia isnt such a bad thing when it comes to the safety and best interest of your children.

Mandi
03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't mind being an 'over bearing' parent. It keeps my child safe. If I were in that situation, I would confront the men in some way, most likely quietly, but also make it known that I'm quite aware of them.

care1978
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
i find that there are alot of parents out there that arent paranoid enough when it comes to their children, i know my parents weren't(nothing happened to me) but times have changed and with that so do people.like i said i definately would confront someone who was ogling my child, but quietly.

Mandy
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
If you have ever been sexually abused or know someone who has, this is a very touchy subject and one can never be too careful.

I think I would freak out if someone, male or female, was checking out my 8 year old boy!!!!! In fact I know I would!

People do it because they can get away with it. Make them uncomfortable and aware you know what they are doing and you will not tolerate this. They have no right preying on our children.

Sickos!

Mandi
03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
If you have ever been sexually abused or know someone who has, this is a very touchy subject and one can never be too careful.

I think I would freak out if someone, male or female, was checking out my 8 year old boy!!!!! In fact I know I would!

People do it because they can get away with it. Make them uncomfortable and aware you know what they are doing and you will not tolerate this. They have no right preying on our children.

Sickos!

Thank you. It bothers me that someone who cares enough about their child to notice this would be called overbearing.

care1978
03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Thank you. It bothers me that someone who cares enough about their child to notice this would be called overbearing.
i wasnt aware that there was such a thing as being too paranoid, or over bearing, or protective when it comes to your child... i guess some people think so though :(

Mandi
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
i wasnt aware that there was such a thing as being too paranoid, or over bearing, or protective when it comes to your child... i guess some people think so though :(
:( unfortunately so. people who don't have children can say all they want... come back and say what you think in 5 years or so.... and I guarentee, they'll be 'over bearing' too. If someone is making comments about the children, I would say that leaves out all possibility of paranoia.

care1978
03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
i actually had an electrical inspector tell me that i was too protective of my child, because i wanted him to re-inspect my home,because my stove caught fire,the lights are always shorting, im afraid for a fire. i just said i wasnt aware you can be too protective when it comes to your child, tat shut him up :)

Dreamweaver
03-28-2007, 07:55 PM
This is certainly causing some debate. Let me clarify a few points.

1. I did try to take the proactive 1st steps when I approached the staff and asked them to watch these guys. They said there was nothing they noticed, even when I was watching the staff observing these guys from the other side of the pool, while I was watching just a few feet away. I saw them make gestures with their hands and pointing and when I say staring, they followed the bodies of these girls. Com'on ladies...we all know what it's like to be glared at. You know the difference between a glare and a "quick stare". It makes you uncomfortable. Com'on guys...you've oogled girls before....if you forget what it's like or you can't imagine yourself doing it, check yourself out in the rear-view the next time! It's not the same thing as watching a car drive up the hill. It IS different! And guys, we do know when it's happening!

2. He was eye-balling my daughter, as well as others, but in particular a little girl wearing a yellow bikini and was around 12 years of age. She was not his daughter, and he watched her everywhere she walked - not when she was swimming...just when she was walking.

3. It's is 2007. Not 1957. Perverts aren't happy hiding in bushes anymore. Beaches, pools, school yards, malls, etc. are primo spots to watch children - if that's what your into. The whole issue I had was the non-reaction I got from the staff at the AC. I shouldn't have to approach anyone who makes my uncomfortable in a pubic situation that I had to paid to enjoy. In the words of one life-guard "our hands are tied". That's when I made the decision to leave and consider not returning. Do I think the situation would have been different if it were someplace else...probably not. {insert sad realization here}

care1978
03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
i totally get what you are saying, i actually know someone in a managerial position there,if you like i could run it past them, and see their take on the whole thing. it could be a case that you just got some neglectful lifeguard(it is possible). i will see what they have to say about it. they should be here any minute actually

jdcb
03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
a little girl wearing a yellow bikini and was around 12 years of age.

don't you think this is the first problem???

ladies, when you where this kind of stuff, do you do it hoping people won't notice???

Cherry Pop
03-28-2007, 09:49 PM

ladies, when you where this kind of stuff, do you do it hoping people won't notice???

This was a child wearing that not an adult lady. Sorry but a 12 year old wouldn't be wearing one to impress a grown man!

I also take offence to the earlier posts about parents being paranoid or overbearing now a days. Don't any of you watch the news? Well newsflash for everyone, children are being abducted from their very own bedrooms now a days and yes it even happens here in Canada. Parents who protect their children are not being paranoid or overbearing, they are simply trying to keep the perverts away from their children. Wanna know the reason I believe the perverts are more out in the open now a days because if they get caught they only get a little slap on the wrist. Yeah they may have to spend a little time in jail and register as a sex offender but they always come out and reoffend. Sorry but if I'm out somewhere in public and some perv is checking out my daughter, beware cause I'll be saying something to him loud enough for the rest of the people around to hear. Am I being paranoid or overbearing - NO I'm preventing my daughter from being the next statistic!

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
It doesn't matter what the children were dressed in. They could have been wearing a normal swimsuit and that could still be perceived as sexual to a predator. Also it is alarming that these men were oggeling in public because that shows progression in their sexual deviance.

Looking is the first step as a sexual deviant and without treatment it will progress. Perhaps in the lucky few it may not, but somewhere down the line some child may pay for these people's sick perversions.

I have a big mouth and I probably would have said something, although it may not have done any good. If it caused a scene than so be it, atleast the peeping toms would have been broken up due to shame. I'd hope atleast. If I am in a place where I pay to go and someone is doing something so obviously offensive I feel I have every right to address it, but that's just me.

Some of you say that if a smoker was smoking beside you outside you would ask them to move, but you do not think it is appropriate to confront perverts?

Cherry Pop
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Some of you say that if a smoker was smoking beside you outside you would ask them to move, but you do not think it is appropriate to confront perverts?

Good point!

jdcb
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM

It's easy to prove someone was smoking. Can pretty much nail that one every time. How do you know 100% that someones actions are deviant in nature?

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Making comments about an obviously underage girl with any sexual overtones is deviant. Anyone who has a tv knows about our culture's obsession with sex offenders and should really know better than to joke or lightly comment on something like that. To oggle an underage girl is a form of perversion.

jdcb
03-28-2007, 10:36 PM

apparently this post was misunderstood by someone here, who attacked my for using 'ladies' in it. It was a direct response from the post below, and I'm sure that person is older than 12...

And guys, we do know when it's happening!

The other statement I made in regards bikini's was the fact that the clothing children are wearing these days are too tiny. When my niece was 9 she wanted a micro miniskirt, are you saying that is appropriate? Bikini's were meant to show off the form of women more, and now they're being put on 12year olds. I find that inappropriate in and of itself. Maybe it's spurring on the issue...(???)

confronting someone who makes you uncomfortable is one thing. But as some on here have said they would immediately go into a tirade and cause a scene, that is quite another.

jdcb
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Making comments about an obviously underage girl with any sexual overtones is deviant. Anyone who has a tv knows about our culture's obsession with sex offenders and should really know better than to joke or lightly comment on something like that. To oggle an underage girl is a form of perversion.

Do you know what exactly was being said? Literally word for word?

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:39 PM
In this day and age I could whip out my cell phone take a picture, video clip, or record what they were saying. If I overheard a grown man loudly declare his desire for a younger (and we're talking younger) woman I would let him know he is disgusting and does not belong in a family place. Bringing attention to the situation would be the best thing I could do. If he is not a predator and just "likes to look" well then it would serve him right for saying something out loud that could be overheard.

I find it hard to believe that any adult man who looks at a girl that young is not a potential sexual deviant.

jdcb
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
If I overheard a grown man loudly declare his desire for a younger (and we're talking younger) woman I would let him know he is disgusting and does not belong in a family place.

As would I...

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't have to know what was said word for word because I am simply placing myself in the situation. Have I encountered perverts before? Yes.

jdcb
03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
but the situation was such that it was not known word for word...

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I do not agree that a little girl should wear provocative clothing either, but not for fear of perverts. And if this girl was wearing provocative clothing, it still would not excuse the man/men's behavior.

Mandi
03-28-2007, 11:15 PM
apparently this post was misunderstood by someone here, who attacked my for using 'ladies' in it. It was a direct response from the post below, and I'm sure that person is older than 12...

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?p=70282#post70282)
a little girl wearing a yellow bikini and was around 12 years of age.

ladies, when you where this kind of stuff, do you do it hoping people won't notice???"

How does it leave room for misintrepretation when you directly link, 'a little girl wearing a yellow bikini and was around 12' to it being a 'problem' that people will notice. If you were in fact talking about ladies, you certainly illuded otherwise, leaving room for a huge margin of error.

jdcb
03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
perhaps in the future I'll just make two posts for that benefit.

kaj27
03-29-2007, 06:47 AM
The mall the beach the streets. It happens everywhere. Not just the Aquatic Center. You sometimes can see someone doing it, sometimes you don't. They are there and will always be there. Sadly.

I also agree with the whole children dressing inappropriately lately. Young girls running around in two piece swim suits is just terrible. Parents should be embarrassed and ashamed.

sjchickie
03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I think it starts with the parents. Maybe you all havent heard the term " Prost-a-tots" thats the term us early 20 somethings use for people who let their 11-13 year old girls wear innapropriate clothes to the mall to the beach and to anywhere else. 12 year old girls in bikinis is digusting. Put them in a full piece suit if you dont want your daughter to be gawked at. Dont you think its your responsibility to teach your kids that looking glamourous isnt as important as TV tells them to be. I'm sorry but some of these little girls out there look like SLUTS. and thats not a exaggeration. Walking around the mall on a friday with make up on. My daughter will not be wearing such trash until shes old enough to understand what shes doing to herself and who is looking at her. I feel bad these girls got oogled at but the song comes to mind by PINK called stupid girls and well maybe its time parents start monitoring more than pervs at the AC

jdcb
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
nice post SJChickie, couldn't have said it better...

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
My can someone let me know are we really in 2007 or are we back in the 1800's. I have read a few posts on here implying that depending what a female wears, it's her fault if men are gawking. One even suggests that if you wear a bikini than your a slut! I'm sorry but I don't think it matters what someone wears! I'd like to ask the people who are posting this: If a woman walks down the street in a miniskirt, bikini top, and high heels and some guy pulls her in an alley way and rapes her. Is it her fault because of the way she is dressed? Because the posts on here are suggesting if a child wears a bikini than she deserves to be gawked at by perverts. I thought this way of thinking was over and done with but I guess not.

Mandi
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
My can someone let me know are we really in 2007 or are we back in the 1800's. I have read a few posts on here implying that depending what a female wears, it's her fault if men are gawking. One even suggests that if you wear a bikini than your a slut! I'm sorry but I don't think it matters what someone wears! I'd like to ask the people who are posting this: If a woman walks down the street in a miniskirt, bikini top, and high heels and some guy pulls her in an alley way and rapes her. Is it her fault because of the way she is dressed? Because the posts on here are suggesting if a child wears a bikini than she deserves to be gawked at by perverts. I thought this way of thinking was over and done with but I guess not.

I thought it was too. Fashion/ expression these days, I thought most considered it acceptable, but we're still a small city I suppose.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with girls wearing bikinis, as long as they're tasteful. There's a time and a place for everything, and a beach/ pool is where you would expect to see bathing suits. I don't however agree with children wearing mini skirts... or anything revealing outside of a beach / swimming environment. That to me is distasteful. But I can say personally. I Hate the way a swim suit feels if it covers my stomach. I can't stand the feel of wet fabric on my stomach / back, which is likely why I haven't gone swimming in close to 4 years. If I were to go swimming, I want to have fun, and being uncomfortable does notfit into that equation.

kaj27
03-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Dave Chapplle said it best:

A woman dressing like a slut freaks out at guys saying "Just because I dress this way does not make me a slut!"

So you see an Police Officer on the street and you need help, You run up to him and say "Officer I need help QUICK!!!!" He shoots back with "Just because I am dressed this way.........!!!!"

The moral is you may not be a slut dressing they way you do, But you are wearing a slut's uniform.

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Dave Chapplle said it best:

A woman dressing like a slut freaks out at guys saying "Just because I dress this way does not make me a slut!"

So you see an Police Officer on the street and you need help, You run up to him and say "Officer I need help QUICK!!!!" He shoots back with "Just because I am dressed this way.........!!!!"

The moral is you may not be a slut dressing they way you do, But you are wearing a slut's uniform.

So tell me what exactly is a "slut's uniform"?

kaj27
03-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not going to help someone visualize what it takes. But you need to take a step back. We are taking about children, Not adults. Adults can dress as they please, Or so it would seem. But children need guidelines, they want to emulate adults dressing an eleven year old in a two piece at a public swimming hole just doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Mandi
03-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not going to help someone visualize what it takes. But you need to take a step back. We are taking about children, Not adults. Adults can dress as they please, Or so it would seem. But children need guidelines, they want to emulate adults dressing an eleven year old in a two piece at a public swimming hole just doesn't sit right with me.

Perfect!
We are talking about children, not adults.
that's true! Which is exactly why it shouldn't matter what an eleven year old child is wearing, it gives no excuse for a man to oggle/ make comments about her. You can say all you want, when you dress that way, expect attention. As an adult sure! but children are innocent, and it shouldn't matter how they dress, no amount of sexual intention from an adult male/female is excusable by 'Well, she was wearing a bikini'
So if one of these grown men said something loud enough for her to hear, (and everyone around) It would be her fault for wearing a bikini? Lovely day and age.

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Regardless how a child or adult dresses doesn't make it right for a pervert to be gawking! Now people are putting the blame on the parents and the children instead of the perverts. That is what doesn't sit right with me!

kaj27
03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Perfect!
We are talking about children, not adults.
that's true! Which is exactly why it shouldn't matter what an eleven year old child is wearing, it gives no excuse for a man to oggle/ make comments about her. You can say all you want, when you dress that way, expect attention. As an adult sure! but children are innocent, and it shouldn't matter how they dress, no amount of sexual intention from an adult male/female is excusable by 'Well, she was wearing a bikini'
So if one of these grown men said something loud enough for her to hear, (and everyone around) It would be her fault for wearing a bikini? Lovely day and age.

Like I said there are perverts everywhere.

Would you go outside in the cold in socks and underwear? I wouldn't I'd Dress Appropriately.

People oogle you wherever you go, You can't make them stop. Sure it's gross as hell and wrong. But you can't control someone's thoughts. You don't know what they are thinking. I'll admit its creepy as hell, But it's gonna happen. The world isn't perfect. So take a little initiative and protect yourself and your family.

sjchickie
03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Ohhh you guys LOVE to take things and twist them around :) Look i was NOT excusing those men by any means its wrong and its digusting but im with JDCB in saying that you REALLY can't prove it. Im offering another LOOK at things people not saying that i approve men at starring at children. Give your heads a shake thats disgusting. HOWEVER what i am saying is that Mandi made a comment about how we still live in a small town so maybe thats why we arent open to ways of dressing. Ive lived all over this country from Toronto To Vancouver and cost to cost I think prost-a-tots are disgusting. Children need limitations people and dressing like an Adult should be kept to adults. Children should not be looking 25 when they are 12 its absoultley unacceptable and teaching children that looking like that is a fashion trend. ITS NOT. That in itself is exploiting your child...which then leads to them having sex, drinking, drugs and all those other things that comes with the rap gangster era we are living in. We are not in the 1800's and I think that a 12 year old in some of the trampy bikinis they wear and the outfits worn at mccallister mall OR the eaton center in toronto are unacceptable.

tony_s
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
i Whole heartly believe they have added something to the water cause teens theses day seem to grow very fast 13 yrs old girls look, like they are 18 and dress like it.We have clubs in the city that has no problems letting 16 yr girls into clubs by the way they dress.And as far as pervs well you can go anywhere and notice them staring the malls the grocery stores they all over the place and they dont even care i can be walikng with my daughter through the mall or grocery store and i will see guys staring at my daughters chest its like what the hell they dont see the father right beside her or they just dont care till u say something very rude to them and they give you that shocked look what me im innocent . anyways thats my rant for the day
Thank you

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Ohhh you guys LOVE to take things and twist them around :) Look i was NOT excusing those men by any means its wrong and its digusting but im with JDCB in saying that you REALLY can't prove it. Im offering another LOOK at things people not saying that i approve men at starring at children. Give your heads a shake thats disgusting. HOWEVER what i am saying is that Mandi made a comment about how we still live in a small town so maybe thats why we arent open to ways of dressing. Ive lived all over this country from Toronto To Vancouver and cost to cost I think prost-a-tots are disgusting. Children need limitations people and dressing like an Adult should be kept to adults. Children should not be looking 25 when they are 12 its absoultley unacceptable and teaching children that looking like that is a fashion trend. ITS NOT. That in itself is exploiting your child...which then leads to them having sex, drinking, drugs and all those other things that comes with the rap gangster era we are living in. We are not in the 1800's and I think that a 12 year old in some of the trampy bikinis they wear and the outfits worn at mccallister mall OR the eaton center in toronto are unacceptable.

Ok I can appreciate some of what you are saying. I'm not a fan of dressing my daughter in a bikini because I think it does look tacky on young girls however just because I think it looks tacky doesn't mean I think it looks slutty or that it gives pervs a right to look cause it doesn't. I will say though that last year, I had to wear a tankini (fully covers her stomach but is still a 2 piece) on my daughter because I could not find a 1 piece swimsuit to fit her due to her tiny size. She is very slim and very long-waisted. 1 pieces that fit her length wise were too wide width wise and vice versa.

Mandi
03-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Sorry I was unclear, I meant the fashioin thing about women, not children. I don't think short skirts or shirts that say 'sex kitten' (and yes they exist, I almost vomited when I saw a rack of shirts ranging from 'sex kitten', '69' 'tramp' amoung others sized 8-12) are appropriate for children either. But at the same time, I see no problem with wearing a modest bikini in a swimming environment.

Cherry Pop
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
i Whole heartly believe they have added something to the water cause teens theses day seem to grow very fast 13 yrs old girls look, like they are 18 and dress like it.We have clubs in the city that has no problems letting 16 yr girls into clubs by the way they dress.And as far as pervs well you can go anywhere and notice them staring the malls the grocery stores they all over the place and they dont even care i can be walikng with my daughter through the mall or grocery store and i will see guys staring at my daughters chest its like what the hell they dont see the father right beside her or they just dont care till u say something very rude to them and they give you that shocked look what me im innocent . anyways thats my rant for the day
Thank you

Clubs letting in 16 yr olds?! That's kind of funny because I was refused into a club 4 years ago when I was 25 but I look like a teenager so they told me they thought I had my sister's id which by the way I don't even have a sister! They tried to take away my id too which was my drivers license in which case I wouldn't have been able to drive home (I wasn't drinking, I was the designated driver). I had to argue to get it back and I called the liquor licence officer in the morning and reported the incident. He visited the club the next week and spoke to the owner who by the way refused to come to the door to help me get my drivers licence back that night. Needless to say I haven't set foot in that club since that incident!

sjchickie
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Agreed Mandi :) modest lol

Mandi
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Agreed Mandi :) modest lol
They do exist! lol , seriously. ones with a 'racer' style top, that covers the entire chest area, and boy cut shorts, as opposed to triangle tops and bikini/ tie bottoms, I don't think those should be made in kid sizes. Two piece suits for younger people aren't / shouldn't be made to look sexy, you can get some really 'cute' twopiece bikini/tankini style suits without looking trashy at all.

gumbyone
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
in particular a little girl wearing a yellow bikini and was around 12 years of

Yep If i would have been there i might have just pointed her out my self, and if you were close enough to hear the conversation it would have been about how I as a parent would not have my 12 yold out in a little bikini. Now pointing her out doent make me a perv------- unless its taken out of context.

Dave

jdcb
03-30-2007, 01:18 AM
i Whole heartly believe they have added something to the water cause teens theses day seem to grow very fast

That is often attributed to the growth hormones injected into the animals we eat that are still in our food when we eat them...

jdcb
03-30-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm the one that started the appropriate clothing idea into this thread. I was in no way saying that it gives the perv's a right to look at your kid, wasn't even implying it and don't know where it came from. But in response to it I'd say that when I'm at the grocery store and I see a big "sale" sign, i tend to check out that item. For the perv's, same may go for your kid, it's like a big sale sign. It's your job not to advertise.

It is still inappropriate. I'm not saying all two piece outfits are inappropriate as compared to a one piece. But if your 12 year old is showing off a camel toe, it's going too far. There are outfits you can buy that are kind of like shorts on the bottom and the tops have more cloth than one of my gloves.

Cartersmom
04-04-2007, 06:40 PM
THis is disgusting. There are pervs everywhere, but I am sick and tired of people blaming it on the kids and parents! They make 2 piece bathing suits for 3 year olds too, is it right to ogle them? Of course not! If they're minors and you're old enough to be their father (or grandfather!) don't check them out. It's just that simple..

Now, I know that they make some questionable clothing for pre-teens nowadays and also find it disturbing that they are starting to dress like sexual beings. I don't understand why their parents allow it. But in no way does it give a grown man permission to ogle them. It's bad enough to ogle a grown woman your own age, when are the men going to realize it makes women uncomfortable and it's NOT a compliment!! The whistles, cat calls and beeps are grotesque ..if you are interested try asking her out, not just drooling over her hooters.

Mandi
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
THis is disgusting. There are pervs everywhere, but I am sick and tired of people blaming it on the kids and parents! They make 2 piece bathing suits for 3 year olds too, is it right to ogle them? Of course not! If they're minors and you're old enough to be their father (or grandfather!) don't check them out. It's just that simple..

Now, I know that they make some questionable clothing for pre-teens nowadays and also find it disturbing that they are starting to dress like sexual beings. I don't understand why their parents allow it. But in no way does it give a grown man permission to ogle them. It's bad enough to ogle a grown woman your own age, when are the men going to realize it makes women uncomfortable and it's NOT a compliment!! The whistles, cat calls and beeps are grotesque ..if you are interested try asking her out, not just drooling over her hooters.

It is so nice to see someone with comon sense!
I don't care if the 12 year old is wearing a 2 for 1 'sale' sign, it still gives men NO right to oggle/ make comments, and I see no way of justifying it.

care1978
04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
but why do they even make bathing suits that show off your midriff?
why do women/young girls, feel the need to show their stomaches to the world?, when i think bikini i think "sexy" or someone trying to be "sexy"
as for bikinis for 3 year olds, well tha tis just asking for every perv out there to wanna look at your child (in my oppinion) it is right to blame the parent for their child's improper dressing, because im sure they are the ones paying for the clothes, i tihnk alot of people on here are thinking the same when i say, why let children dress beyond their ages, these days children are developing way quicker than when i was a kid, and with all the "adult" like clothing out there for children ...especailly little girls, it is little wonder why our babies are 11 turning 25 in some cases. some of the stuff they make for little girls i would feel weird wearing, and im 29. this is just my oppinion though. :)

care1978
04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
it is true though that no matter what a child is wearing, no matter how inappropriate, it gives no one the right to ogle them. that just sends shivers right up me thinking about that...... Blech!

vanessalynn5484
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
The way I look at it is: one piece, two piece, 1 & 4/8 piece; if a sexual deviant who preys on children is present he would find even the most modest suit arousing. It's sick to us normal people.

I do not think it is right to dress your children or allow your children to dress provocatively. Know who your children's role model is. If it's Paris Hilton you may have a problem there. Teach your young lady that self esteem is sexier than skimpy outfits!

care1978
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
The way I look at it is: one piece, two piece, 1 & 4/8 piece; if a sexual deviant who preys on children is present he would find even the most modest suit arousing. It's sick to us normal people.

I do not think it is right to dress your children or allow your children to dress provocatively. Know who your children's role model is. If it's Paris Hilton you may have a problem there. Teach your young lady that self esteem is sexier than skimpy outfits!
nicely put!

Lemme_LQQK
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
What ever happened to the little girls full bathing suits with a little skirt that came attatched at the waist on them.
Do they even make thos e any more?

care1978
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
What ever happened to the little girls full bathing suits with a little skirt that came attatched at the waist on them.
thats what i was thinking.... and yes they do still make them, it seems that some people think that bikinis are cute for toddlers, i dont think that personally, but i guess different strokes for different folks.(not that i agree)

Tara
04-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a hard time getting a one piece for my daughter sometimes (she's 2 1/2) because there is so many two pieces!

jdcb
04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
If they're minors and you're old enough to be their father (or grandfather!) don't check them out. It's just that simple..

ok, I don't think anyone on here has said anything to contradict that! Calm down! (edit: and I'm not targetting that to just you, just using your quote...)

But kids dressing inappropriate IS the responsibility of the parents. To say otherwise is to say that an 11 year old is responsible enough to know what is appropriate. They should have some freedom in what they wear, but the parent is ultimately responsible.

vanessalynn5484
04-05-2007, 07:17 AM

I had one when I was a little girl. I still have it somewhere I think lol They are very cute :biggrin:

I am glad I have boys when it comes to things like this. I will teach my sons to respect women and to see them as people to love, respect, and cherish, not a pair of breasts in a tight sweater. I would not approve of any young lady my son's brought home to me who dressed provocatively. It's putting it all out there "Look at me, it doesn't matter if I have anything to say."

I was guilty of bearing my belly buttoned midriff as a teen. I also had little self esteem and my parents were not around very much. I didn't understand that back then, I thought I knew everything. I look back now and I wish I could travel back in time and shake myself! Or atleast make myself put on a sweater. lol

It's so important to talk about these things with your daughter openly. Make sure she knows that you love her for who she is and so should any boy deserving of her. If a boy likes her because she wears short skirts, he's probably not going to treat her very well. (in most cases anyways).

Mandi
04-05-2007, 07:22 AM
ok, I don't think anyone on here has said anything to contradict that! Calm down! (edit: and I'm not targetting that to just you, just using your quote...)

But kids dressing inappropriate IS the responsibility of the parents. To say otherwise is to say that an 11 year old is responsible enough to know what is appropriate. They should have some freedom in what they wear, but the parent is ultimately responsible.

I recall someone making a refferance to 'for sale' signs, and seemingly saying that if you're advertising, it's your fault people are looking. Forgive me if I misintrepreted.
I fail to see how little boy's bellies are 'less' of a 'for sale' sign to a pervert, and really think that there are things a kid can wear that shows their bellies and isn't stepping over the line. Parents absolutely are responsible for dressing their kids to look presentable, but what would be acceptable to one parent, isn't for another. Maybe when my daughter is 12, I'll change my mind, but as of now, I can't see something sexual in the bikini as a piece of clothing, when I have seen so many tasteful ones.

vanessalynn5484
04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
You are right Mandi. There are tasteful two pieces I am certainly not objecting to that.

(Mandi the next paragraph is not directed at you, I do not think you are ignorant :D )

I have been assaulted and I have actually had someone say to me it was my fault cause perhaps the way I was dressed was an invitation. It was a very long time ago and I actually kind of believed that person and it added a lot of shame to what happened to me. It is a bad way of thinking and it is an ignorant way of thinking. Looking is different as long as it is not harassing and it is not at a child.

Also Mandi a pervert that would look at a child as young as yours (I think you have a girl under 5, from reading your other posts in other threads and such) is a different type of sexual deviant and like I said in my other posts they would find even a one piece sexual. It kind of makes me want to bring up my breakfast.

Perverts and deviants are usually going to act on opportunity. We need to teach our children at very young ages what is inappropriate and that it is not shameful to tell you if an adult abuses them. You may even want to teach your children the methods these pervs use to work their way into their lives so that they will know when to recognize it. It's difficult to figure out what we should tell them and what we should shield them from.

Lemme_LQQK
04-05-2007, 09:07 AM
thats what i was thinking.... and yes they do still make them, it seems that some people think that bikinis are cute for toddlers, i don't think that personally, but i guess different strokes for different folks.(not that i agree)

Some people want their little girl/girls to look all grown up. To those of you that this applies to, trust me they will grow up soon enough, and you will be wishing they were small again. I once made a comment to my mom about my kids I said " I'll be so glad when they get older "
She looked at me and said "Be glad they're little right now , at least you know where they are and what they're doing"

Ohhh how right she was...lol

I agree with you 1978 I don't find the bikinis and tank /halter tops or spandex clothing cute at all. They're little children dress them as such I say.
I feel the same about child models, it disgusts me when I see them modeling some of the clothes and their little faces painted . They look horrible.

Let them be kids in kids proper clothes , stop trying to make them something you want them to be .

just my opinion , I come from the old school ...lol

vanessalynn5484
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
just my opinion , I come from the old school ...lol

I agree (for the most part) and I am from the new school.... LOL

T-Diddy
04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
As a father of three teenage girls I admire your stand and the concern you have when it comes to your daughter's wellbeing. However that being said, I just hope that you don't "Jump the gun" and point the finger at an innocent person. Yes we all know that there are perverts who frequent places where children tend to congragate, but one must be carful not to over react and accuse someone of being a "pervert" just because they are male, and at the aquatic center where there are young girls. I guess what I am trying to say is that it could ruin someons life if you were to accuse them of trying to pick up little children, when all they may be doing is enjoying the center. Just because someone looks at a child does not immediatly make them a pervert. You could also set yourself up for some serious law suits if you are wrong. I always accompany my children to the aquatic center so that I know that they are safe. The aquatic center could help by posting signs that say the area is under 24 hour servalience, this may detour people who think it's alright to partake in such activities!

jdcb
04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I recall someone making a refferance to 'for sale' signs, and seemingly saying that if you're advertising, it's your fault people are looking. Forgive me if I misintrepreted.

The comment still stands. I was not implying it would be the 'fault' of the parent if something happened. Perhaps you mistook the intent of the comment.

I fail to see how little boy's bellies are 'less' of a 'for sale' sign to a pervert, and really think that there are things a kid can wear that shows their bellies and isn't stepping over the line.

Both true and good points.

tjfresh
04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I've breezed through the comments, so forgive me if someone has mentioned this already, but think of this, did these persons make you feel uncomfortable? I'm sure they did! I feel you were probably correct in your assumtion that they were indeed oogling at young girls, because you were there. Here's a thought for you next time, STARE AT THEM!! make them feel "uncomfortable" they will surely stop oogling if they know your watching them, they may leave the premisis, however they may say "what's your problem?" then, if your sure of what you've witnessed, MAKE A SCENE!! and this of course will EMBARASS them. Now, one more important thing to remember, as stated the Aquatic Center is a "safe" enviroment, don't attempt this alone or with out "back up". This is what I think I would do, It's not Vigilante style, It's not physically violent, and It gets the job done!

Tj

kaj27
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I've breezed through the comments, so forgive me if someone has mentioned this already, but think of this, did these persons make you feel uncomfortable? I'm sure they did! I feel you were probably correct in your assumtion that they were indeed oogling at young girls, because you were there. Here's a thought for you next time, STARE AT THEM!! make them feel "uncomfortable" they will surely stop oogling if they know your watching them, they may leave the premisis, however they may say "what's your problem?" then, if your sure of what you've witnessed, MAKE A SCENE!! and this of course will EMBARASS them. Now, one more important thing to remember, as stated the Aquatic Center is a "safe" enviroment, don't attempt this alone or with out "back up". This is what I think I would do, It's not Vigilante style, It's not physically violent, and It gets the job done!

Tj

Good advice for sure to stop the current situation!!

But these people clearly have a underlying problem :0(

jdcb
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
MAKE A SCENE!!

I would not suggest this. It is hard to impossible to prove what they are doing, but pretty easy to prove what you were doing so you just may be the one with a harrassment charge. If you say it in public, maybe defamation of character and all the good crap too...

Mandi
04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I would not suggest this. It is hard to impossible to prove what they are doing, but pretty easy to prove what you were doing so you just may be the one with a harrassment charge. If you say it in public, maybe defamation of character and all the good crap too...

If they're talking loud enough that you can hear what they're saying, and point out a certain girl, in a certain color suit, I'd say it's pretty darn easy. if they're spectators on the bleacher things there, and you aretoo, you could always record them on your cell phone.

jdcb
04-06-2007, 03:25 PM
If they're talking loud enough that you can hear what they're saying, and point out a certain girl, in a certain color suit, I'd say it's pretty darn easy. if they're spectators on the bleacher things there, and you aretoo, you could always record them on your cell phone.

So you assume they're perverts. I'd like to point out if it was women there and pointed out a girl, you'd be more likely to think that they were talking a bout how they got their daughter the exact same one for 19.99 at walmart and not checking them out.

Mandi
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
So you assume they're perverts. I'd like to point out if it was women there and pointed out a girl, you'd be more likely to think that they were talking a bout how they got their daughter the exact same one for 19.99 at walmart and not checking them out.

If someone said, 'check out the ass on that one' YES I would assume they're perverts, and if they were making such comments, then I would hope anyone else would assume the same. I'm not saying that the men that are the object of this post said such things, but depending on what was said it would be pretty easy to make an educated judgement. You're assuming perverts are shy about it, and that's not always the case.

tjfresh
04-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Mandi, you so right, VIDEO is are best defence, it doesn't lie. If your concerned you see to much of this behaviour, invest in a cell phone, record it and deliver it in person to the police, it's your best witness, and probably better than making a scene I must confess.

katmac
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well shame on me then, because quite frankly I would cause a scene. Couldn't care less if I get thrown out and banned. Couldn't care less if I go to jail. Just as long as I make it worth my while."

I would suggest thinking about what that would teach your children. Do you want them to see you behaving in such a way that actually did get you kicked out or banned? Are you crazy? JAIL!? There are perverts everywhere. They’re on the bus, at the beach, the library, the mall, ect... It's how you educate your kids to protect themselves and how well you keep an eye on them. Why not spend your energy being the best parent you can be and educate your children and be sure they are aware of stranger danger and other safety strategies rather than cause a public outburst. Showing your kids it’s appropriate to verbally or physically assault someone for what you assume is happening is irresponsible.
We live in a dangerous time and its best to put your energy into ensuring your kids know how to keep themselves safe not show them how to take matters into their own hands.

Tara
04-06-2007, 04:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And for the people who said "I'd take care of it," shame on you!"

Well shame on me then, because quite frankly I would cause a scene. Couldn't care less if I get thrown out and banned. Couldn't care less if I go to jail. Just as long as I make it worth my while.

I would suggest thinking about what that would teach your children. Do you want them to see you behaving in such a way that actually did get you kicked out or banned? Are you crazy? JAIL!? There are perverts everywhere. They’re on the bus, at the beach, the library, the mall, ect... It's how you educate your kids to protect themselves and how well you keep an eye on them. Why not spend your energy being the best parent you can be and educate your children and be sure they are aware of stranger danger and other safety strategies rather than cause a public outburst. Showing your kids it’s appropriate to verbally or physically assault someone for what you assume is happening is irresponsible.
We live in a dangerous time and its best to put your energy into ensuring your kids know how to keep themselves safe not show them how to take matters into their own hands.

I am the best parent I can be. I teach my children and talk to them about strangers, "good touch bad touch",what to do if someone tries to get you to go with them, etc etc etc etc etc etc. My mom never taught me that. And YOURE assuming that if I see someone look at my child that I'm going to go nuts. I'm talking if they say or do something that is so BLATENLY OBVIOUS. Use your imagination because if I give examples I will probably throw up. When it comes to that, i will go crazy. I'm not going to deny that, I can just picture myself seeing red or possibly going into such a rage that I will black out. I will beat them senseless with whatever object that may be available. I dont care. I just don't. I have my own vulgar opinion about what should be done with these lower life forms and I don't care who disagrees with me. I have a headache now.

jdcb
04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
You're assuming perverts are shy about it, and that's not
always the case.

No I'm not, I'm going by what the first post in this thread.

Mandi
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
No I'm not, I'm going by what the first post in this thread.

' They were commenting on them and doing the ankle to chest looks. It was totally disgusting. '
It's not very specific, so there's room for anyone to intrepret. In anysituation however I'm sure most would just use their common sense and go from there. I wouldn't make a scene, but certainly depending on what these men were 'commenting' on , I would have to confront them.

jdcb
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
here's a question I want to ask one more time How do you know exactly what people were looking at. cuz if your looking that them, then your not looking at what their looking at. And if you are, then your no longer looking at them.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I wasn't there, but I see people freak out all the time about the littlest things. People think they have a sixth sense, they don't.

katmac
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I am the best parent I can be. I teach my children and talk to them about strangers, "good touch bad touch",what to do if someone tries to get you to go with them, etc etc etc etc etc etc. My mom never taught me that. And YOURE assuming that if I see someone look at my child that I'm going to go nuts. I'm talking if they say or do something that is so BLATENLY OBVIOUS. Use your imagination because if I give examples I will probably throw up. When it comes to that, i will go crazy. I'm not going to deny that, I can just picture myself seeing red or possibly going into such a rage that I will black out. I will beat them senseless with whatever object that may be available. I dont care. I just don't. I have my own vulgar opinion about what should be done with these lower life forms and I don't care who disagrees with me. I have a headache now.

I wasn’t assuming anything, I responded to what you said in a previous post :
“Well shame on me then, because quite frankly I would cause a scene. Couldn't care less if I get thrown out and banned. Couldn't care less if I go to jail. Just as long as I make it worth my while.”
You were talking about the inital post on this thread right?
I'm not sure I disagree with you on what should be done with sex offenders – But were talking about perverts at the AC not sexual assault on a minor.
I do not agree with displaying acts of violence in front of my kids. Vulgarities, violence ect...Kids do what they see; and if mommy or daddy does it, it must be alright....
If I were to witness some sort of sexual misconduct involving my children I'm absolutely certain I would be out of my mind with anger, and it would come to a screeching halt. However, I would also restrain any urge to lash out in front of my kids as I want to teach them that two wrongs don't make a right. Violence is not the answer. There are ways to handle things without loosing composure. Heaven forbid something ever happens to your kids but if it did and you went into a rage and "beat them senseless with whatever object is available", well you'd end up in jail too...What good would that be too your kids?!
Especially in this case. The initial post explained that they were at the AC.

Mandi
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
here's a question I want to ask <b>one more time<b> (I can make things bold too) How do you know exactly what people were looking at. cuz if your looking that them, then your not looking at what their looking at. And if you are, then your no longer looking at them.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I wasn't there, but I see people freak out all the time about the littlest things. People think they have a sixth sense, they don't.

you're missing a / in the </b> comand ;)
I didn't make it bold i copied and pasted from the first post, that I didn't write. It's not actually bold, it's just a different font. But anywho. Not being a mother you can have no understanding of just how aware moms are/ can be of situations, if someone's looking at your kid (or others) then you could pick up on it quite easily.
I'm not assuming these men were in the wrong, but it seems you're assuming people don't have common sense. Really, how hard is it to know what someone is / isn't looking at, it doesn't say the woman who inittially posted was right beside the men, and if you're not, and can see the whole picture, and their gazes are unlifting how much room for error is there?

The entire post is open for intrepretation, as it's not very specific. (Ie, where she was in relation to the men exactly, you can be beside someone, at a 10 foot distance, all realitive really. What exactly the men were saying. lots of other little things that factor in.)
We just happen to see things differently. I trust the womans instincts, because I have ' woman's intuition' myself, you choose to give the men the benefit of the doubt, there's not really a middle road.

jdcb
04-06-2007, 06:30 PM

yeah I noticed that.

plus I removed it hoping it would be before anyone read so I wouldn't sound snarky, sry...

jdcb
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I didn't make it bold i copied and pasted from the first post, that I didn't write. It's not actually bold, it's just a different font. But anywho. Not being a mother you can have no understanding of just how aware moms are/ can be of situations, if someone's looking at your kid (or others) then you could pick up on it quite easily.
I'm not assuming these men were in the wrong, but it seems you're assuming people don't have common sense. Really, how hard is it to know what someone is / isn't looking at, it doesn't say the woman who inittially posted was right beside the men, and if you're not, and can see the whole picture, and their gazes are unlifting how much room for error is there?

The entire post is open for intrepretation, as it's not very specific. (Ie, where she was in relation to the men exactly, you can be beside someone, at a 10 foot distance, all realitive really. What exactly the men were saying. lots of other little things that factor in.)
We just happen to see things differently. I trust the womans instincts, because I have ' woman's intuition' myself, you choose to give the men the benefit of the doubt, there's not really a middle road.

the further away from a person you are the harder it is to recognize a persons face, tell whether they are smiling, where they are looking etc... distance changes all that...

define 'woman's intuition'

If your talking about the "I know when men are looking at me' sense, it's been proven to be wrong.

Mandi
04-06-2007, 06:43 PM
the further away from a person you are the harder it is to recognize a persons face, tell whether they are smiling, where they are looking etc... distance changes all that...

define 'woman's intuition'

If your talking about the "I know when men are looking at me' sense, it's been proven to be wrong.

Most people know when something's wrong. You add up the situation in your head, you can feel the atmosphere Usually when people are made uncomfortable by a situation, there's good reason.
I would hate to see anyone falsely accused, once you have that name it doesn't leave you. But also, having been victimized as a child, I would hate to see that happen to anyone else. Situations like this one can only be dealt with according the the specifics of the situation. But if such is the case, that you can hear what people are saying, and it's to the extent that you would lable them a 'pervert' there would be something wrong and some confrontation would be in order. Making a scene would not help anyone. It might make kids afraid to swim, families afraid of taking their children there for a fun relaxing day. When I was young I went to the aquatic center with my grandmother and siblings anywhere from 3 to 5 times a week, and never had a problem. But even then I could pick up on when men were checking out older (when I was ten older meant 20's) women. People are getting more bold, and it wouldn't surprise me if some men weren't secretive about their perversions towards younger girls, disgusting as it is.

mommahas2babies
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I take my kids to the AC every week (sometimes 2x a week) and yes I have noticed that there are dirty men (and women) that look at the kids in their suits and while changing. I actually had a woman come around and stare at my kids while I was getting them changed last week. I asked her if there was a reason she was staring at my babies naked bums? she just looked at me and then walked away... I have no problem confronting someone that is making me or my child uncomfortable, depending on the situation, my reaction would be different.. If this woman had actually made a comment about my children I would have given her "what for". The reaction depends on the action...
As far as the clothing for children now a days.. It makes me ill to see what the designers and stores think is appropriate for kids.. I was looking for looking for some new shirts for my step son (8 years old) and I found one that said "tell ur boobs to stop starin at my eyes" Can u imagine??
I have a boy and a girl.. And I will say that I do not let my child leave tghe house without being covered properly... My son wears a tshirt or a undershirt with his swim trunks, My daughter either wears a one piece suit or a 2 piece suit with a tshirt over it... I have been looking for new swim suits for her (she is 18 months) and I cannot find 1 piece suits anywhere! I have a couple 2 piece suits for her but they are very decent.. not like the ones that I see little 5 year old girls wearing, that ride up their bums and dont stay put on their little chests! I think as parents we need to teach our kids about self respect, dignity and treating yourself with respect, cause if they dont have respect for themselves, no one else will.. And I think that we need to raise our little boys to be good strong men that respect women no matter what they wear. Whether we like it or not there is always gonna be girls and women that wear, less than appropriate clothing, we need to teach the men not to be tempted by such trash...And there is always gonna be the old dirty man lurking wherever young kids are... We as parents need to spend more time listening, watching and being "over bearing" to protect our babies..

Tara
04-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I actually found some cute one piece suits at old navy, as well as one piece suits with the little skirts at zellers

mommahas2babies
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
what sizes?? lol.. my daughter doesnt even fit into 12 month clothing... hehe..
should also add that most of the time my kids wear those one piece life jackets that look like scuba suits so they are almost always covered with that.. If they are not wearing that they are wearing a shirt of some kind and a life jacket...

Tara
04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
2's and 3's! Should definately be some in her size