PDA

View Full Version : Army Drug dealers

daneast
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
:eek: This is simply disheartening....wow

Five soldiers stationed at CFB Gagetown have been charged under military law with trafficking cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana.
Brian Stevens, William Venator and Garry Kettle and Harold Robinson, all corporals, and Private Allan Hogan were charged on Monday, a military release says.
The charges come following a seven-month undercover investigation at the New Brunswick base, a training centre about 25 kilometres west of Fredericton.
The charges were laid under a section of the National Defence Act, by the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service, an independent military police unit with a mandate to investigate matters related to National Defence property, DND employees and military personnel serving in Canada and elsewhere.
About 700 soldiers from CFB Gagetown are due to be deployed to Afghanistan in February.

devils_advocat1
12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
i agree it is disheartening, however at the same time, once you enroll in regforce, the only way to keep yourself from going to afganistan is to do something like that. either seel or traffic the drugs or do them yourself. army has a Zero tolerance for that especially with the forces that go to afganistan. so having agree with your comment i also see the other side of the coin and maybe that was what they were doing...got scared and looked for a way out. or maybe not dont know unless you ask them.

oasis
12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
If you don't want to go then you just refuse. You'll get kicked out of the army but at least you won't have a criminal record. There is no excuse for selling drugs. They should have life sentences for drug dealers. They are the lowest form of life on earth.

Using that as a way of getting out of doing your duty is't right. You Join the army, you know your not taking on a normal 9 to 5 job. It involves the danger of going to war. Whether you like it or not. If you don't want to take a chance of going to war don't join.

There was a time not that far in the past that behavoir in the military would get you shot.

daneast
12-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree with oasis on this one..IF that was the intention, it is a poor excuse. I personally doubt if it was. Most likely just money...anyway....bad enough to have idiots on the street selling..but when you are in a position of respect, wearing our uniform with our flag....disgraceful is too weak a term. Anyone who joins the Armed Forces puts thier life in harms way..don't join or choose a better way out.

alsgal
12-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I watched a news story on global the other day about the amount of drugs that are in Oromocto. They were at the High School and almost every kid they interviewed seemed high.

I have friends that live there and they say that the drug problem on base is nothing compared to what goes on in the rest of the city. They said you can find it EVERYWHERE

amethyst
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
They are a disgrace to the uniform and the country. I hope they all get a vacation at club med.

If they didn't want to go and fight or defend..they should not have signed up. Period.

jonah
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
If you don't want to go then you just refuse. You'll get kicked out of the army but at least you won't have a criminal record. There is no excuse for selling drugs. They should have life sentences for drug dealers. They are the lowest form of life on earth.

Using that as a way of getting out of doing your duty is't right. You Join the army, you know your not taking on a normal 9 to 5 job. It involves the danger of going to war. Whether you like it or not. If you don't want to take a chance of going to war don't join.

There was a time not that far in the past that behavoir in the military would get you shot.

yes you would get kicked out but then you wouldn't have a pension, or if you have no education a well-paying job or a chance for an education.

oasis
12-31-2006, 07:35 AM
If your selling drugs you don't deserve the pension. There is no excuse for selling drugs. If you join the service then you know the risks. In the corporate world if you get caught selling drugs your fired. They don't try to straighten you out. Your just gone. And so is any pension.

These people are criminals... The army even if they do go through a drug rehab program will not keep these men. They will be re-posted to different bases if they are alowed to stay in. But they will not make the 25 years they need to get a pension. That will be seen to I can guarantee you that. I've seen it happen before I retired.

The Canadian military will not keep you if your not willing to go to war. That has been told to any one who has joined in the last 10 years. Most of these men are 1st and 2nd term. Upper command will dump them trust me.

There lives will be misserable. They will quite

sjchickie
12-31-2006, 02:40 PM
A close friend of mine who is stationed at Gagetown and just travels home on weekends knows 2 of those guys very well. Funny part is ive seen my friends paystubs from the army. They get paid 7 days a week 365 days a year....you wouldnt believe what he grossed on his xmas bonus pay check. So personally i dont understand why these guys would take the risk. Did they live right on the base??if so its FREE meals and all so why would you need to sell drugs. Doing them and selling them to make a profit is 2 different things. If you get caught selling Extasy now or MDMA the charge is manslaughter so why would 5 army brats want to do that???????? I can almost bet these boys werent even druggies themselves just doing it for the bucks. Ridiculous!!!! but in any form of job people let us down weather it be health care ,police, army there is always bad seeds!!!