PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

corkyjim
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Very much in need of a Wii for my boys for Christmas :)...having no luck finding one in the stores. Willing to negotiate for a fair price. Please post or PM! Thanks!

Repair4You
12-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Your best bet would be Ebay... for bout $500 if you really cannot wait.

corkyjim
12-12-2006, 06:12 AM
Still looking! I just can't bring myself to spend over $500.00 for one when I know they'll be a dime a dozen in the New Year. There was so much hype about the PS3's, I didn't think I'd have a problem finding a Wii. Boy, was I wrong! lol

Mandy
12-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I would not give them a dime more than they cost. What a Sham Nintendo is, doing that to people just in time for Xmas.
I have an 8 year old son, and that is all he wants too. We told him that Santa does not have enough to go around and that we can spend $300 on other things for him or give him the $300 in a card and he can go and buy "his own" Wii right after Christmas. He is ok with that idea. (thank goodness) I guess in a way you have to be honest with them. Let them know there are just not enough to go around, but will be right after Christmas.

I saw someone selling a Wii on here for $600 or $800 the other day. How selfish of someone to do that, knowing that there are "children" out there that want one.

Hopefully "Santa" will work something out for you. Good luck

rubycshells
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I just came back from Walmart and was in there to get a Wii USB and the guy there told me that they get 9-15 in every couple of days. They open up at 7 so try to be there early.

rubycshells
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
...and the Toys R Us flyer just came and they will have 20 on Saturday morning.

Hope you get one...they are fun.

corkyjim
12-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I saw the flyer this morning. I'm thinking about camping out at Toys R Us Friday night..lol..I'd be pretty upset to stand outside all night and have them tell me that nothing came in. But I'm willing to do it as long as I'm guaranteed to get one.. lol
The boys will definately understand if I can't find a Wii before Christmas...To be honest, they don't even know they're getting one. I tried my friend's Wii and it was a riot. It's a great idea to get kids (who play alot of video games) off the couch..lol
Good luck to everyone who is looking for one :)

rubycshells
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
We reserved ours at Toys R Us in September. When we went to pick it up on the release date, the clerk told me that one lady had slept in the parking lot in order to make sure she got one.

Be prepared to buy the extras...the price is good for the initial package but then you need the Wii USB port and a controller (2 if you want to play against each other). So another $100 bucks.

Good luck...I hope you get one.

rubycshells
12-16-2006, 06:04 PM
so did you get one?

corkyjim
12-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes I did!
I stood in line at Toys R Us for 12 hrs. It was cold and wet but well worth the wait! I'll never do THAT again...lol

rubycshells
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I am glad for you...the things we do for our kids...lol.