PDA

View Full Version : They took down our street signs!

vanessalynn5484
03-25-2007, 12:08 PM
It appears that the city took down our street signs which tell everyone who may not know the name of my street. They never even told us and I have had customers getting lost trying to find me!! How can they just do that? Isn't it a public safety concern??

Well for whatever reason they did it, I want them back. Can I call and complain and ask when they will be replaced? Or will it probably not do any good?

Thanks for listening to me rant,
Vanessa

Chinna Dah
03-25-2007, 12:52 PM
you would think they would replace them right away, that is very odd.

vanessalynn5484
03-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I know...unless someone stole them and they don't know, but I find that unlikely.

Not even one of the neighbors mentioned it....

vanessalynn5484
03-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Although I am getting a kick out of thinking about someone sawing off the street sign and then hightailing it out of there....:rofl:

jdcb
03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
they took just the sign with your street name? ...or the whole post?

just sign, maybe stolen... whole post, maybe accident...

either way call city hall as they may not know. and if they do, maybe you'll speed them up...

trinity
03-25-2007, 04:26 PM
True, the poor people who live on Hockey St east have lost their sign repeatedly, college students and rednecks love having that sort of "decoration".

vanessalynn5484
03-25-2007, 06:40 PM
You see I assumed it was the city because they are putting up new lights. I didn't really notice if the pole was still there or not to tell you the truth. I found out when a customer told me they couldn't find my place because there were no signs.

It's not a huge deal, but annoying none the least. I will call tomorrow and very politely ask if they know the signs are missing and when they will be replaced.:biggrin:

Thanks again
Vanessa

crydaga
03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
True, the poor people who live on Hockey St east have lost their sign repeatedly, college students and rednecks love having that sort of "decoration".Yes and those poor people on Alpine street

je12122
03-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey Vanessa,
I noticed that a week or so ago when I came and got those purses from you, was wondering why there was no road sign and complained to my bf that that shouldn't be allowed lol.

karen
03-26-2007, 07:25 AM
The put a set of traffic lights at the end of your road so the street signs may be displayed up on the traffic lights as is the case with the intersection for crown street and the courtenay causeway

vanessalynn5484
03-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Well they sure are taking their sweet time putting them back up....lol:p:biggrin:

rogerfoucault
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd be more concerned about emergency services finding your home in the event of a crisis. Imagine a rookie cop who isn't too familiar with all the streets not being able to quickly locate your home because of an absent street sign, or ambulance and firetruck getting confused, calling dispatch or what have you. Yes, it may take them only mere moments to get adequate directions by their dispatcher, but sometimes mere moments can be a matter of life and death.

I'd definitely put up a fuss and demand the city replace the sign asap!

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com
Email: roger@ant-tropolis.com

Mandi
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Although I am getting a kick out of thinking about someone sawing off the street sign and then hightailing it out of there....:rofl:
:biggrin:Now that would be an interesting hobby... stealing street signs. I hope they fix it quickly that kind of sucks. When I was living south, a snow plow knocked ours down and it was down for almost two weeks, but I don't know if there has even been snow plows lately. I don't remember the last time we got snow.

amethyst
03-28-2007, 08:12 AM
I know...unless someone stole them and they don't know, but I find that unlikely.

Not even one of the neighbors mentioned it....

You did it...fess up...they are hanging on your wall right now arent' they:rofl:

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 08:29 AM
You did it...fess up...they are hanging on your wall right now arent' they:rofl:

LOL...that would be funny to see!! HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha...

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com (http://www.ant-tropolis.com/)

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Well Amethyst you are the one who kept the look out you tattle Tale! http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thFFF.gif
LOL
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/vanessalynn548454/emoties/thninja.gif
If it is not replaced soon I was thinking about making my own with a sharpie and glitter.

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Hmmmm...now I'm wondering if Vanessa might have Saint John's old 'Loyalist Man' billboard that used to grace our highays in her home as well.;)

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I plead the fifth.

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I plead the fifth.
LOL...well, that only works in the States.

What do you have to say for yourself, missy?:p

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Alright, alright I will return the loyalist man for amnesty in the street sign incident. :rolleyes:

Now I am going to need a date for the isaintjohn get together...and i already bought a matching 3 corner hat :( LOL

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Alright, alright I will return the loyalist man for amnesty in the street sign incident. :rolleyes:

Now I am going to need a date for the isaintjohn get together...and i already bought a matching 3 corner hat :( LOL
Oh, where's that thread at regarding the iSaintjohn get together? I might be interested.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

vanessalynn5484
03-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Here is the Link for the thread
http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?t=10206

vanessalynn5484
03-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Well...
We have a nice beautiful new cross walk up now and still....no street signs!:mad:

rogerfoucault
03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Well...
We have a nice beautiful new cross walk up now and still....no street signs!:mad:
You should steal their cross-walk. Paint over it. Make people GUESS where to cross! Yeah....get them back!!

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

vanessalynn5484
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL
Hmmm you may have something there

But I do like the crosswalk! I want my street sign and my crosswalk, but apparently that's asking just a little too much. Sure you will now get across the road safer, but if you have a heart attack while walking up the street an ambulance MAY not be able to find you.

Makes sense to me.... *sarcasm*:rolleyes:

rogerfoucault
03-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Sure you will now get across the road safer, but if you have a heart attack while walking up the street an ambulance MAY not be able to find you.

Makes sense to me.... *sarcasm*:rolleyes:
Exactly why I mentioned earlier about emergency service concerns. No street signage means emergency responses are potentially challenged in terms of them finding you. THAT'S the main issue.

As for cross walks, according to what I read in the paper when there were a series of vehicle-pedestrain accidents not too long ago, there is an 'insinuated' existence of cross-walks at all road intersections so a clearly marked crosswalk between roads is not that important as it's implied that they are there. Cross walks traversing across a road from one side to the other is a different story where they DO need clear painted markings.

So the money they're spending on painting a cross walk at your road intersection is not as important as having your street sign erected for navigational purposes, especially for emergency services.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

Mandi
03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
What if you had to order pizza?! That in itself could be an emergency.

vanessalynn5484
03-31-2007, 11:15 AM
tee hee Mandi :rofl:
Don't worry I ordered a pizza & chinese (to test this theory ONLY ofcourse ;)) and both arrived without incident.

If a certain male doesn't get his chores done today then the ambulance theory may be tested as well. :rolleyes::rofl:

Seriously though I agree you with you Roger, it is a well known area - still our ambulance drivers, policemen & such and so on have so much on their minds already they do not need to waste their time trying to figure out if they are going to the right place due to neglect of the city.

If they drop off the stuff to me I will figure it out myself! If you drive by and see me hanging from the crosswalk trying to attach the sign, be sure to wave.

amethyst
03-31-2007, 11:19 AM
ahhh... but you also have some fancy new stop lights right there. Like that road doesn't have enough lol

Well...