PDA

View Full Version : Support Crohn's and Colitis at M&M meat shops on May 12,2007.

Cherry Pop
03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know about a charity event that will be going on in May that is very close to home for me. On Saturday, May 12, 430 M&M Meat Shops across Canada will host the 19th Annual Charity BBQ in support of the CCFC. For a minimum donation of $2.50, guests will receive a hamburger or hot dog, drink, and a bag of chips. Every cent raised will be used to support medical research to find the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.

The disease I have suffered from the last nine years is Ulcerative colitis. I had a very severe case of this. The worst my surgeon had ever seen with 95% of my large intestine diseased. I was on many different drugs for this and unfortunitely none worked. So I had to start having surgery. I was suppose to only have 2 surgeries but due to complications from the disease and surgery, I so far have ended up with having 10 surgeries. I'm not sure what was worse having the disease, having my large intestine totally removed and my insides formed into something else or being sick with all the infections and other complications over the last few years. Regardless, I am living proof that surgery isn't a cure and that it doesn't always work out well. That is why this day, May 12, is so important to me. There is a great need to find a cure to this disease so if you can please go out to the BBQ at the M&M stores on May 12 and support to help find a cure for this horrible disease.

vanessalynn5484
03-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info my father has suffered from ulcerative colitis since he was a teenager. He hasn't needed serious surgery, but has been incredibly ill from it. He will have a good month and then be sick for weeks :( . I hate seeing him go through it and hearing about others.

Cartersmom
04-03-2007, 01:05 AM
At least Colitis is curable! (with surgery) Crohn's is not, and it's totally awful, and all that goes with it :(
But thank you for the heads up, everyone needs to support the Crohn's and COlitis Foundation by stopping by the BBQ at M&M..bring your family..and everytime you go to M&M to buy stuff, don't forget they also have a box on the counter dedicated to Crohn's and Colitis research, so bring some extra $$ with you :) It's really not given as much attention as it should or could have, but at least people aren't embarrased to talk about it anymore.

Cherry Pop
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Surgery is NOT a cure for colitis! What I have had to have done with surgery is NOT a cure. The way I will have to live for the rest of my life is NOT a cure. That is why it is important that they find a REAL Cure!

Cherry Pop
05-12-2007, 09:11 AM
This is today!