PDA

View Full Version : Any One Know were...

shy
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I could go to find a free credit score? I have been on trans union,but you have to pay for them,just wanted to know if there were a free ones out there!! Thanks!

timmy
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Dig deeper. They must give it for free (1/yr) by law. You must pay for the instant one but there are other ways................

timmy
01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
I posted this a few times, so here goes again.......
EVERYONE should check once a year, thanks for reminding me. There is ALWAYS some grossly inaccurate info on mine.
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

see:

http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showpost.php?p=338347&postcount=13

timmy
01-22-2011, 01:49 PM
btw, yes you must pay for the SCORE, but you can get a pretty good idea from the *free* report what the score might be :-)

shy
01-22-2011, 06:12 PM
btw, yes you must pay for the SCORE, but you can get a pretty good idea from the *free* report what the score might be :-)

Thanks timmy,how in the world did you find that..i have looked for hours on both of them sites and couldn't find a thing..Thanks again!!

trinity
01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Thanks timmy,how in the world did you find that..i have looked for hours on both of them sites and couldn't find a thing..Thanks again!!

They hide it well; they want you to pay for the instant report. I have done both, gotten the free one and then paid other years when I needed to know ASAP for example why I was turned down for something. Another time I believed someone was stealing my mail since I wasn't receiving my personal GST filing report when I was self-employed, and that had my SIN on it. Instant peace of mind costs $$$

shy
01-23-2011, 09:39 AM
They hide it well; they want you to pay for the instant report. I have done both, gotten the free one and then paid other years when I needed to know ASAP for example why I was turned down for something. Another time I believed someone was stealing my mail since I wasn't receiving my personal GST filing report when I was self-employed, and that had my SIN on it. Instant peace of mind costs $$$
.................................................. .................................................. .................
OMG trinity! That is a scary thought, well i guess you cant trust a lot of people these days!! Its nuts how low some people will go..

timmy
01-23-2011, 10:27 AM
It's been awhile since I looked, so I did:

Bottom centre of transunion homepage
" Find out how to qualify for a free copy of your Consumer Disclosure »"

Equifax: First choose Canada English (or French) top right on homepage
Then, bottom centre:
"You can receive a free credit file (http://www.equifax.com/ecm/canada/EFXCreditReportRequestForm.pdf) disclosure from Equifax Canada Inc. via Canada Post"

Easier than I remembered - must have had some complaints.
Good luck!
My biggest problem has been with lazy or unethical sphincters employed as collectors using the phone book to attach the evil deeds of anyone with a similar name as you in a hundred mile radius (or more).
Since I have about 6-10 ppl in this area who share my name (one with the spouse of the same name!) it's a big problem for me.
One is a millionaire, one is a slumlord, and several in between.......