PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there own a Trailblazer??

domarloc
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok everyone. I just bought a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. I had it checked by my mechanic and he said it was mechanical sound. Since then I have heard nothing good about them. Rumour has it there are alot of problems with them. Has anyone out there had any experiences with them....good or bad??
:confused:

murraydow
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I have a 2002 Trail Blazer.....My only complaint with it is that it is made for shorter people...I am 6'4"....My wife loves it.
I now have over 200,000kms on it so I feel that I will be a good example to you.
I should have had it rust checked.....the fuel lines and transmission lines rusted off.
Other than that it has been a very good working vehicle.
I am really impressed with the fuel economy and power of the 4.2 inline 6 cylinder.
I had a 99 Jimmy before this....smaller vehicle and I now get better gas milage in the bigger trail blazer.
I heard all of the rumours as well but have not experienced them.
And as you can see, I drive mine a lot!
I hope this helps.

domarloc
03-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks I appreciate your input. Do you know roughly how many kilometers you get to a tank of gas? I was also told to drive in town in third gear and regular drive for highway driving....any thoughts on that.

skallywag
03-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I have an 06' Envoy and love it!

murraydow
03-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I think that is the rule for any vehicle with an overdrive......I don't but I have not had any problems....