PDA

View Full Version : Fasting

missday
03-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Just wanted to get some peoples opinon on fasting. My Bestfriend and I are thinking of doing a 10 day fast. She got the info from a workout program she bought from beach body. It's soposed to clean your body from toxins and things. I was just wondering if anyone on here ever tried it or new anyone who has. I know your soposed to drink water and juice but i was also thinking v8 juice would be good because we would still be getting our nutrients and it would probably make us full. just wanted to get some opinons and if anyone knows any risks please let me know.

pepsimama
03-22-2007, 05:44 AM
I've never tried it before but I do remember Weight Watchers warning about drinking V8 or tomato juice because it contained a lot of sodium and would cause you to retain water.

Good luck with your plan though! :)

Mandi
03-22-2007, 07:51 AM
DEfinately go for it! It's a great way to start out a workout plan/ life style change. I have heard of a 'lemonade' fast, you make this funky lemonade, and drink that for 8 - 10 days. I could get you a recipe if you'd like. don't forget to take multi vitamins, and laxitive tea. (sounds gross, but you need fiber it's kind of the point of the cleanse) And it would be best to start off when you have some time off work... When you're done the cleanse, you really have to take it slow with fod consumption, start one day drinking orange juice, then work up to watered dow veggie soup and orange juice the nextday and work your way up. It's worth researching for sure :)

Cherry Pop
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not really into this total cleanse of the body thing but then again I don't have a large intestine anymore so I wouldn't be able to do it anyways,lol! All I would suggest is make sure you drink lots and lots of water so you don't get dehydrated. Good luck!

marriedchickie
03-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I went to a nutritionist about 2 years ago, and they said something to me that makes great sense. If you eat three meals a day or 5 small meals, your body regulates itself, and the metabolism (?) regulates itself. If you skip meals or go long periods without eating, your body will think it's STARVING and horde all of the fat from your next meal. It will prepare itself for the next bout. If you want to cleanse yourself, drink lots of water, if you think that's not good enough, talk to your doctor. Don't just not eat. It's dangerous. Yes a body can survive on fluids, but CRASH DIETS are dangerous, they don't work and can lead to other problems. I hope this helps you. good luck and be safe about dieting.

missday
03-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks eveyone for the info today is day 1 lol.