PDA

View Full Version : windows vista

k1
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
if i want to get rid of vista on my com. can i just put the xp cd in and it will do it automatically

kaj27
03-21-2007, 01:48 PM
If it was an upgrade there may be a 'uninstall' feature. But other than that.....

If you just stick the XP CD in it may just boot off it and install, But you will loose everything.

k1
03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
i am trying to down grade

kaj27
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Clearly, That's why I posted.

Dreamweaver
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I think your best option is to partition your hard drive and create a dual boot setup on your computer - that way your operating both systems. XP is far better than Vista at this stage. Too many fixes with Vista, but you probably don't want to waste your money, either. If you still do not want to operate Vista, you can uninstall Vista from Windows XP Go to “Start” and “Run”. Type in “e:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force” (without quotes, and replacing e: with the drive letter of your Vista DVD).

Good Luck...

Monst3r
04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Format the harddrive and reinstall xp

adamroy
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Reboot with the XP cd in the drive. It will format the HD and install XP. No need to partition.

Dreamweaver
04-26-2007, 05:03 AM
I don't know why people are nervous to run two operating systems. Today's hard drives certainly have the capabilities to manage this well and the benefits far out weigh any downsides you may feel about the process.

petty22
05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I beleive the XP cd will not allow you to downgrade. You will need to format the hd and then install the XP OS again. I agree with Dreamweaver though. I would go with the dual boot. Vista may not be great but it is fun to play with. Everyone has to keep in mind XP was the same way when it came out.

dolphins#1
05-10-2007, 09:50 PM
well this is what i heard once you go to vista you can not go back to xp and if you wanted to sell your computer or laptop it would not be any good to anyone else cause your information is in the computer and you can not uninstall that i found that out today cause i rented one from easyhome and when or if i return the laptop it is no good to anyone else

just my thought i hope someone else can find something else out about that, they should not have brought out the vista til all bugs were worked out

petty22
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
I was a beta tester for Vista and that is the first I have ever heard of that. What Vista does have however is that if you register your copy with Microsoft and someone else tries to use your key then it will not let them. That is a new feature they put in. That must be what you are refering to.

dolphins#1
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
maybe you're right about that key number but did you uodate your windows xp to vista or did you get the vista only on a comuter?

petty22
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I updated my Windows XP system and I have also had a friend that got Vista on a computer and removed it to put Windows XP back on his system. Also where I work we use a dual boot system of XP and Vista in our test lab.