PDA

View Full Version : NB FLU commercials

oasis
10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Have any of you seen the latest flu shot commercial? The one with the little girl blowing snot all over the screen?

How on earth could anyone think that this disgusting commercial could be anything more than just gross! First time I have personally sat down to watch TV in months. I generally don't watch TV, because I have better things to do. But the wife and I decided to watch a show and this was the first commercial that came on. I almost lost my super!

For the rest of the show when ever the commercials came on I switched channels for 3 minutes then came back to the show we were watching.

This in no way would make me run out and get a flu shot. It's just plain obscene! It should not be on the air. It's no wonder I rarely watch TV. I generally Watch the shows I want online. Now I know why.

If I was still a bachelor, I would not even own a TV. I can not see how the government could think this commercial would be effective. After talking with friends, most of them either turn off the TV or change channels until its over. Not very effective if people won't watch it.

It will be a while before I turn the TV on again that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthew_scott
10-22-2010, 02:48 AM
I haven't seen it. Like you, I don't watch TV and the shows I do like, I watch online. But it sounds disgusting!

LiLLY
10-22-2010, 11:15 AM
The first time I saw it I was actually eatting supper! Needless to say I didn't finish it lol.

inuit
10-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree wholeheartedlay. I was an ER nurse for years so I have a stomach of steele but that ad makes me feel nauseated. I turn my head whenever it comes on. The first time I was caught off guard by it and almost lost my lunch. I cannot stand snot. I personally think it is beyond disgusting. What genius thought this one up?

oasis
10-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Some high paid moron who thinks potty humor is hilarious. Probably nothing funnier to him than body secretions. More than likely found it highly funny!!!!!!

inuit
10-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Too funny! They bleep some mild potty language (Not the hard core four letter words) and they allow this kind of gut churning stuff. Amazing. This offends me much more than mild off colour words.

oasis
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
I've been on the www.gov.nb/flu web site trying to find some one to complain to about this. I can not figure out who the heck I should leave an email too! there is nothing there to direct you to any one involved in the flu shot program.

The name of the commercial by the way:

SNOT FUNNY

The more I think about it the more disgusted I get.

donteatrawpotatoes
10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Too funny! They bleep some mild potty language (Not the hard core four letter words) and they allow this kind of gut churning stuff. Amazing. This offends me much more than mild off colour words.
Ugh! I completely agree!

I haven't seen this commercial, but it just seems disgusting, and it certainly wouldn't motivate me to get a shot.

rhiley_08j
10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I was waiting for her to lick the screen. LOL!:rofl:http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/flu.html

shoona
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
:rofl:Well it dosen't make me want to go get the flu shot either but it isn't going to make me complain about it either...lol you guys have way to much time on your hands...lol kids snot all the time you just dont get to see it....it's a fact of life.....

oasis
10-25-2010, 05:12 AM
It's got nothing to do with time. This commercial is not fit for TV. Mind you there's not much out there that is. It's about decency. Yes kids snot all the time. So do adults. But most people are decent enough to not sneeze all over you. They will use a Kleenex, or if nothing else is available they will sneeze into there sleeve. The last thing I want to see while watching TV is something this disgusting. It's not necessary.

It is done to encourage YOU to get a flu shot. Most people I know as soon as this comes on change the channel. This is the last thing they want to see. So it's not effective. They want to convince me. Then tell me why it is important. Don't make me want to punch the idiot who came up with it in the throat for being such a moron!

inuit
10-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Of course kids (and adults) snot all of the time. They also perform daily bathroom bodily functons but I don't really want to see that either.( That would be no more disgusting to watch than snot flying IMO.) Where does the line cross when you go from being informed and entertained to being absolutely grossed out while sitting in your living room? Many many people out there do have sensitive stomachs and making them vomit is not the way to encourage them to get a flu shot. Hopefully in the very near future someone with more than 2 clues will realize how disgusted and offended people are by this ad and pull it.

Jilly-Bean
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Personally I think it was done for the shock value. Most people are just plain gross when it comes to spreading germs. And that is the end result of the grossness.
I don't think it's any worse than a lot of the other commercials on Tv. jmo.

trinity
10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it gets peoples attention and might make them think about getting the flu shot, and I don't get the comment about "blowing snot all over the screen". It isn't as if she is sitting there repeatedly forcing it out, it is a single sneeze. Don't tell me you never sneezed on your own computer screen so hard that you had to clean it, there is not always a tissue handy.

mybooboo
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Honestly getting upset over a boogie is the least of the reasons we should be complaining about.There are many more reasons to get in a snot, I mean snit where the goverments concerned! "Pick" your battles,pun intended.

mybooboo
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
I think it gets peoples attention and might make them think about getting the flu shot, and I don't get the comment about "blowing snot all over the screen". It isn't as if she is sitting there repeatedly forcing it out, it is a single sneeze. Don't tell me you never sneezed on your own computer screen so hard that you had to clean it, there is not always a tissue handy.
I have sinus problems so I sneeze all the time lol!

matthew_scott
10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/10/26/nb-snot-funny-flu-ad-809.html

mickeymouse
10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know where there is a flu shot clinic?

oasis
10-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Check with your pharmacy. Most hold clinics. If not they should be able to tell you were they will be held.

Tremc
10-28-2010, 06:40 AM
I just saw this commercial the other day boy did I ever laugh!! I doubt that's even real snot! I imagine that its CGI magic at work! Mind you, gross yet funny. Definitely designed for shock value!