PDA

View Full Version : Federal budget - 310,000 for children?

mommahas2babies
03-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Has anyone heard about money that is supposed to be coming for all children up to the age of 18? I cant get details about it but have heard bits and pieces of it from some friends... I heard that it is to total 310,000? ANyone have info on this? Supposedly its been on the news since yesterday?

orange
03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I think it may be the $310 tax credit you heard about:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2007/03/20/nb-groupsbudget.html

I think it's a bad policy though... people who make $500 thousand per year will get the same credit as people who make $25 thousand per year...

And it doesn't even help people who don't make enough to pay taxes in the first place...

Mandi
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
310000 for nb to divide amoungst kids under 18?

orange
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Nah, it's a tax credit of $310 per child under 18.

But in the article, this quote sums it up best:

"I'm very disappointed in this budget," Ron Oldfield said. "We don't see it for the average working Canadian at all … Tax incentives don't do a whole lot for people in the lower income levels. Number one, they're not paying taxes, so how are they going to get tax credits?"

Mandi
03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Nah, it's a tax credit of $310 per child under 18.

But in the article, this quote sums it up best:

"I'm very disappointed in this budget," Ron Oldfield said. "We don't see it for the average working Canadian at all … Tax incentives don't do a whole lot for people in the lower income levels. Number one, they're not paying taxes, so how are they going to get tax credits?"
Heh I opened the page, then went to get supper, and then posted without refreshing the page so I didn't see your post. It seems crumby. What's the point of it? There should be a cut off some where, really why would someone who makes 200k a year need an extra $310? Blah to the government I say.

mommahas2babies
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Once again u guys on isaintjohn rock! Always able to get an answer here! Thanks!

orange
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Heh I opened the page, then went to get supper, and then posted without refreshing the page so I didn't see your post. It seems crumby. What's the point of it? There should be a cut off some where, really why would someone who makes 200k a year need an extra $310? Blah to the government I say.

Yeah, when I went Googling for the info, I was amazed at how so many media outlets sounded like they just pasted excerpts from the government PR releases (probably because they do :rolleyes: ), with a lot of gushing praise.

But this was one really good article I found:
http://www.thestar.com/article/193822
"Beneath the tinsel, it's vintage Harper"

"The government plans to forgo almost $4 billion over the next two years on tax breaks for families with children and stay-at-home or low-income moms.Families with disabled children are getting a new tax break worth about $140 million over two years. But during the same period, business will its their own tax breaks, estimated to cost the treasury more than $1 billion. "

CM
03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/193802
This article broke it down pretty good.

The_Dave
03-20-2007, 11:50 PM
It is a tax credit, you claim it on your income tax. NO money is handed out. When all is said and done you might, depending on your income be able to claim about $50 dollars (middle class). This is a credit that says you MIGHT be able to claim a credit of UP TO $310, it all depends on your income, from my understanding.

All and all it is smoke and mirrors from the crooks who run our country.

Ps News Flash Premier Shawn Graham is a proven liar. he said while campaigning that he would not raise taxes, while guess what. If you make $30,000 grand or more a year, you guessed it. Your taxes are going up at least $72 more a year. He is blaming the previous government for cooking the books so he says he had to raise taxes to make up the difference. BS, he should have cut wasteful government spending first, then their over paid salaries should have been cut, of which they do not earn. How many days do they actually spend in parliament anyway?? And they get the whole summer off and the Christmas holidays. Oh yeah, don't forget their fat cat pensions. He should have overhauled the special interest groups payouts and the NB welfare system. Both are in shambles and extremely abused.

Yeah and I just did my income tax the other day also and I owe again this year. When will us middle class get a break and stop having to carry this province, not to mention this country.

Premier Shawn Graham should have kept his word, but did any of us expect any different, after all, he is a POLITICIAN which has for centuries = LIAR

Mandi
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
It is a tax credit, you claim it on your income tax. NO money is handed out. When all is said and done you might, depending on your income be able to claim about $50 dollars (middle class). This is a credit that says you MIGHT be able to claim a credit of UP TO $310, it all depends on your income, from my understanding.

All and all it is smoke and mirrors from the crooks who run our country.

Ps News Flash Premier Shawn Graham is a proven liar. he said while campaigning that he would not raise taxes, while guess what. If you make $30,000 grand or more a year, you guessed it. Your taxes are going up at least $72 more a year. He is blaming the previous government for cooking the books so he says he had to raise taxes to make up the difference. BS, he should have cut wasteful government spending first, then their over paid salaries should have been cut, of which they do not earn. How many days do they actually spend in parliament anyway?? And they get the whole summer off and the Christmas holidays. Oh yeah, don't forget their fat cat pensions. He should have overhauled the special interest groups payouts and the NB welfare system. Both are in shambles and extremely abused.

Yeah and I just did my income tax the other day also and I owe again this year. When will us middle class get a break and stop having to carry this province, not to mention this country.

Premier Shawn Graham should have kept his word, but did any of us expect any different, after all, he is a POLITICIAN which has for centuries = LIAR
Amen. Lately politics has left me bitter.

girdy
03-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Yet another thread with many posters stating that those who are financially successful enough to pay tax should not be entitled to keep what they earn. And that those who are financially unsuccessful enough not to pay tax should be entitled to yet more money they didn't earn.

Although this is a minor step, it's a step in the right direction.

Mandi
03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Yet another thread with many posters stating that those who are financially successful enough to pay tax should not be entitled to keep what they earn. And that those who are financially unsuccessful enough not to pay tax should be entitled to yet more money they didn't earn.

Just because someone doesn't get paid a lot doesn't mean that they do not work hard. and just because you get paid more doesn't mean you're entitled to more. High income people get a tax break as it is.

girdy
03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
High income people get a tax break as it is.

Really? Can you give specifics?

orange
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM

The issue is that Stephen Harper is trying to present it as a budget to reflect what a "nice guy" he is (:rofl: ), by supposedly helping out the little guy.

And the media is in too many cases buying it hook, line, and sinker.

But in reality, it's a budget that doesn't do much for poor people, although Harper et al keep touting how it's "family-friendly".

But there are a lot of poor families, whom this budget does very little for. Yet at the same time, it's got huge tax breaks for large corporations.

If you want tax breaks for the wealthy, you're entitled to that view, and you're at least upfront about it. But in contrast, Harper uses smoke and mirrors to hide that fact. The article by Thomas Walkom at http://www.thestar.com/article/193822 summarized that pretty well.

The budget has a few breaks for certain groups, totalling $100 million here, $100 million there... to distract people from the billion dollar tax breaks for large corporations.

orange
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM

They've gotten a huge tax break over the past 30 years:

"Thirty years ago, the richest 10 per cent of Canadians had incomes 31 times as big as the bottom 10 per cent. Today, their incomes are 82 times as big. "

http://www.thestar.com/article/192438
excerpt:

"For the past 2 1/2 decades, modern conservative economic thought, also known as neo-conservatism, has dominated Canadian public debate and shaped Canadian public policy.

By now, we're so steeped in it that we're barely aware there are other ways to think about these things. As the incomes of the rich soar ever higher, we've come to accept all sorts of rationalizations for what amounts to a policy of letting the rich indulge their selfishness.

This experiment in neo-conservatism has changed the face of Canada. Thirty years ago, the richest 10 per cent of Canadians had incomes 31 times as big as the bottom 10 per cent. Today, their incomes are 82 times as big.

Meanwhile, the bottom 40 per cent of Canadians – about 12 million people – are actually worse off, with lower incomes today (after inflation)."

orange
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM

"Thirty years ago, the richest 10 per cent of Canadians had incomes 31 times as big as the bottom 10 per cent. Today, their incomes are 82 times as big. "

Also, that's not even to mention all the loopholes in the tax system :rolleyes:

If I was rich, I would buy artwork for my office, and write-off part of the cost each year as depreciation... even though it would keep getting more valuable :rofl:

The system in general is geared towards the wealthy... so many ways to save on capital gains, tax write-offs, tax shelters, etc.

girdy
03-21-2007, 03:11 PM

Meanwhile, the bottom 40 per cent of Canadians – about 12 million people – are actually worse off, with lower incomes today (after inflation)."

Paraphrased, that means 60% of Canadians, about 18 million, are better off with higher incomes today after inflation.

The_Dave
03-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes the wealthy get HUGE tax breaks, the corporations get huge tax breaks, the politicians get huge salaries, spending accounts and pensions and the low income get most of the handouts ( may not be much but they still get them ). What do the middle class get???JACK SH%T!!! What really bothers me and concerns me gravely is WE, ME, THE middle class end up paying MOST of the taxes to run this country. We are and have been for years CARRYING the province and this country. Where is the fairness???

Mandi
03-21-2007, 07:25 PM

The higher your income the lower the tax percentage you pay .o.0

The_Dave
03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Sorry Mandi, You need to do your homework here, but the more I make, that puts me in a higher tax bracket each time I reach a certain level and it just keeps going up for every level I hit. It works this way for EVERYONE. So in saying that, the LESS you make, the LESS taxes you pay because you are in the LOW tax bracket level.

Mandi
03-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Sorry Mandi, You need to do your homework here, but the more I make, that puts me in a higher tax bracket each time I reach a certain level and it just keeps going up for every level I hit. It works this way for EVERYONE. So in saying that, the LESS you make, the LESS taxes you pay because you are in the LOW tax bracket level.
I always thought they did that to a point, and then at a high wage ( 150 ish) It started to go down. My mistake. Oh well, I don't mind doing a little research on it. :)

orange
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Paraphrased, that means 60% of Canadians, about 18 million, are better off with higher incomes today after inflation.

I generally respect your posts that I see on here... but oh, how I wish Stephen Harper would make the same statement publicly :D

He would get ripped apart for it.

Because it is a little callous... in an age when productivity is rising, and average incomes are rising, we should care that people in the bottom 40% of incomes are getting worse off.

Also, what I quoted does not mean necessarily mean that the top 60% of Canadians are better off. It may just be that the 40% stat is what the author had handy. Maybe the bottom 48% of Canadians are worse off, or maybe it's 52%, or 41%, etc.... we would have to calculate stats, but it's probably more than 40% anyway...

orange
03-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I always thought they did that to a point, and then at a high wage ( 150 ish) It started to go down. My mistake. Oh well, I don't mind doing a little research on it. :)

Actually, Mandi was correct

When you do a plot on a graph of "% tax paid" on the y-axis, and "income level" on the x-axis, you get sort of a speedbump shape.

This is because poor people pay a low amount in tax (sales tax + income tax), and rich people manage to evade a lot of taxes by using tax shelters and other schemes (fully legal, but shouldn't be that way...).

But the middle class ends up paying the highest percent

The_Dave
03-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I was talking about the middle class (me), if I was in the rich category I would be posting on here from Bermuda or some tropical Island where I could hide my money and evade taxes, and drinking tropical drinks.

Mandi
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I was talking about the middle class (me), if I was in the rich category I would be posting on here from Bermuda or some tropical Island where I could hide my money and evade taxes, and drinking tropical drinks.

Hahaha. Yeah, I meant the upper class. not middle, middle class sucks :(
I mean to think about it, you get paid $28 an hour or $20 an hour, and pretty much bring home the same amount.

Cherry Pop
03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Someone posted about middle class getting a break. I use to think there was poor, middle class and rich. But watching the news lately, I'm starting to believe either people are poor or rich. There just doesn't seem to be middle class anymore. I see a lot of friends and family who are working hard and don't seem to be much better off than me right now. It's really sad!

girdy
03-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I generally respect your posts that I see on here... but oh, how I wish Stephen Harper would make the same statement publicly :D

He would get ripped apart for it.

lol - it's not by accident that I didn't end up in politics!

marriedchickie
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I am not into politics, I don't understand them, I just kinda float along. What I do understand is that my husband and I don't make peanuts, and we aren't "rollin in it", but we have an extra 30 taken out of every pay each and last year (well this year I guess), we have the usual deductions, Medical (since our plans don't cover everything), RRSP's, and tuition I didn't know I could claim. And we still owed. we still ended up owing. If we got 2 bucks back, it would be better than owing..

Before we were together, I had two children on my own. Worked at a restaurant, and still had extra money taken out every pay. I usually got a fair return back and it all went to what the children needed.
I guess, I was considered we were considered a low income family, but I worked hard, came home exhausted, and my children told me I smelled like old french fries lol.
Now, I work at a call center, my husband is in tech support, and we make a fair living. I don't know how they figure out all the tax laws and stuff, but man do I wish I had banked the money from previous tax years.

I once heard that people making LESS than 10$/hour is considered living below the poverty line. I make minorly over that, but I guess with my husband in tech support (at a call center), that puts us over the line. We are now considered middle class and man, it did hurt this year.

Can someone explain this to me? My name is shafted, and I am one of the hard working poor.

baseball 23
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, i'm going to rant a little about people ranting. It's kind of ironic but here goes.
I'm a little sick of poeple in all these forums always blaming others for their conditions in life, I don't make enough $, people are ripping off the system, politicians are out for themselves, blah, blah, blah... Suck it up people, get involved if you want to make a change.
How about get involved in your own life if you want it to improve, most of us are not given anything in life but earn what we get. We make choices as we go along and some of those choices now limit what we can do, for example, having kids at a young age may hinder our opportunities for education, training or the best jobs whatever. On the other side, those that wait too long to have kids because they pursued the best education/jobs whatever may not be able to have a family.
Point is we made the choice, deal with it. If you want to improve your lot in life, don't blame me, the govn't, the mayor, social assistance, your nieghbour, your parents or whomever, look to yourself to figure out a way to get things the way you want them.
If we all stopped complaining so much about stuff we can't change and started working on things you can change, like yourself, maybe we'd have a much better community/city/job/province/wage/education etc...

The_Dave
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
You are right baseball 23, I have chosen to pay all these high taxes and pretty much get robbed every payday by the government to help support the country and those who don't want to work and special interests groups and government waste and politician waste, etc, etc, Yep your right, that was my choice. Boy sorry for being selfish. I think I will call the government right now and tell them to take MORE from me so others can do less. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

6sixstring6
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I am not into politics, I don't understand them, I just kinda float along. What I do understand is that my husband and I don't make peanuts, and we aren't "rollin in it", but we have an extra 30 taken out of every pay each and last year (well this year I guess), we have the usual deductions, Medical (since our plans don't cover everything), RRSP's, and tuition I didn't know I could claim. And we still owed. we still ended up owing. If we got 2 bucks back, it would be better than owing..

Before we were together, I had two children on my own. Worked at a restaurant, and still had extra money taken out every pay. I usually got a fair return back and it all went to what the children needed.
I guess, I was considered we were considered a low income family, but I worked hard, came home exhausted, and my children told me I smelled like old french fries lol.
Now, I work at a call center, my husband is in tech support, and we make a fair living. I don't know how they figure out all the tax laws and stuff, but man do I wish I had banked the money from previous tax years.

I once heard that people making LESS than 10$/hour is considered living below the poverty line. I make minorly over that, but I guess with my husband in tech support (at a call center), that puts us over the line. We are now considered middle class and man, it did hurt this year.

Can someone explain this to me? My name is shafted, and I am one of the hard working poor.

The scenario you have laid out is impossible. If you employer takes out $30 more per pay that what the schedule calls for, this alone should guarantee you a tax return. If as you say you have medical, tuition and rsp's, to deduct and you still owe, I would suggest that whoever is doing your tax return is making some grave errors.

care1978
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
hey everybody, i think im missing something...lol brain isnt functioning today.
is this something that people with children under 18 are going to receive?$310?
if so when is this supposed to happen? if someone could give me the reader's digeat condensed version(lol) it would be appreciated ;)

magoosmomma
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
hey everybody, i think im missing something...lol brain isnt functioning today.
is this something that people with children under 18 are going to receive?$310?
if so when is this supposed to happen? if someone could give me the reader's digeat condensed version(lol) it would be appreciated ;)
It confuses the bejeepers out of me so I am no help..lol

Cherry Pop
03-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok, i'm going to rant a little about people ranting. It's kind of ironic but here goes.
I'm a little sick of poeple in all these forums always blaming others for their conditions in life, I don't make enough $, people are ripping off the system, politicians are out for themselves, blah, blah, blah... Suck it up people, get involved if you want to make a change.
How about get involved in your own life if you want it to improve, most of us are not given anything in life but earn what we get. We make choices as we go along and some of those choices now limit what we can do, for example, having kids at a young age may hinder our opportunities for education, training or the best jobs whatever. On the other side, those that wait too long to have kids because they pursued the best education/jobs whatever may not be able to have a family.
Point is we made the choice, deal with it. If you want to improve your lot in life, don't blame me, the govn't, the mayor, social assistance, your nieghbour, your parents or whomever, look to yourself to figure out a way to get things the way you want them.
If we all stopped complaining so much about stuff we can't change and started working on things you can change, like yourself, maybe we'd have a much better community/city/job/province/wage/education etc...

Actually here is a life lesson for you! Not everyone chooses to be in the situation they are in. I had no choice in the illness I got. I didn't choose to suffer the last 9 years of my life so if I wanna complain now and then about stuff than I am more than entitled to do so. I haven't been able to work in over 4 years. I had to wait on waiting lists for surgery for over a year at time and be in lots of pain while doing so. I had to travel outside of my province to have some of these surgeries. I in no way chose this for my life. I couldn't change this situation I found myself in, all I could do is complain. I complain about these things all the time as that is how people will know that this stuff goes on. My voice of complaining is how I "try" to change my situation. Actually one of the reasons I now have a surgeon in NB is because I complained to an MLA and many other people. They in turn put pressure on NB's health minister. It only took 5 years of my "complaining" to have our health minister hire a very much needed colo-rectal surgeon for our province.

01_neon_rider
03-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Does every thread on this site that has to do with money have to turn into "upper class" verses "middle class" verses whatever those with low incomes are called?

dollydoo
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
You are right baseball 23, I have chosen to pay all these high taxes and pretty much get robbed every payday by the government to help support the country and those who don't want to work and special interests groups and government waste and politician waste, etc, etc, Yep your right, that was my choice. Boy sorry for being selfish. I think I will call the government right now and tell them to take MORE from me so others can do less. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Why is it that everytime there is a post on here about money you always complain about how your getting ripped off.. and hate the people on assistance.. Some people need the help such as cherry pop. Look at her situation or did you fail to read that she has gone through hell over the last 5 years. Look at the single mothers/ fathers on assistance that would rather stay home with there children for a couple years as they worked their butts off. The parents who would rather teach their children values and respect the way that they were taught. Not the way they are portrayed nowadays. I know when i was growing up my mother worked everyday 7 days a week YES 7 days sometimes she had a day off. Because people like you that made her feel stupid and no good for being on assistance. I wish she would have taken a few years with my brother and i so we could have had our mom around. Yet my mother never looked down on people. She worked hard and for a long time and still does and you will never hear her complain about lower income familes or Middle class. She would rather help people understand that no matter what tax bracket your in low middle or high that everyone contributes to the city and the people. I guess everyone is raised with a different look on life. Some look at it as im getting ripped off while others look at it as " Oh, that apt complex caught fire or needs new wiring so a family can still live there. or "Look that park has needles in it im glad that i pay taxes so i can help with the cleanup so children can play there." While others look at it as " Oh, look it's welfare day i hope they enjoy the money that i worked my A** off for!:" Just my opinion...

girdy
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
The scenario you have laid out is impossible. If you employer takes out $30 more per pay that what the schedule calls for, this alone should guarantee you a tax return. If as you say you have medical, tuition and rsp's, to deduct and you still owe, I would suggest that whoever is doing your tax return is making some grave errors.

I expect you're right. Marriedchickie, either your employer isn't taking enough off in the first place, or your tax return is incorrect. I hope it's not the former! But if you're down as not having the right marital status or incorrect number of dependents, then the tax coming off could be insufficient.

Normally, the amount of tax coming off should make you pretty much balance out if you have no additional deductions, and since you have additional deductions like tuition and RRSP's, then you should be getting a refund, all things being equal and correct.

Might be worth you getting some advice from an accountant (not a temporary booth at the mall type tax preparer). For $100, they could probably tell you pretty quickly who is making the error - and maybe get you that refund. You can refile returns if previous ones were incorrect, so knowing now might get you back some taxes from years before if the error was not in your favour.

Good luck - hope the error works out to your benefit.

The_Dave
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
dollydoo if you have read any of my posts than you would know that I do not mind helping to support the ones who truly need it, it the ones who abuse it, and believe me there are lots. If you are able to work than you should work, PERIOD!!!

care1978
03-22-2007, 06:45 PM
:) does anyone want to tell me what this proposal actually means? i must be misunderstanding something, just seems really confusing to me ( sorry bad brain day) lol

Cherry Pop
03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I think the proposal is meant to help "middle class" workers by giving them an extra tax credit. From what I understand though I don't think it's really going to help many people and seems to be just the government making like they are helping out the working poor but really aren't. I could be totally wrong about this but that's what I got out of watching the news.

By the way, thank you dollydoo!

orange
03-23-2007, 01:08 AM
:) does anyone want to tell me what this proposal actually means? i must be misunderstanding something, just seems really confusing to me ( sorry bad brain day) lol

I think it boils down to this:

When people file their taxes in 2008, if they make enough to pay taxes, they will get a credit of $310 (either to reduce your taxes owing, or get you a refund).

But if a person doesn't make enough to pay taxes, it won't help them. So it's interesting how Harper spins it as being so "family-friendly"... the credit is helpful if one's income is high enough, but obviously won't do much for a single mother with a low-income.

I think the breakdown will be:

If you make under $8,929 in taxable income, you won't get to use the credit
If you make between $8,929 and $10,929 in taxable income, your credit will be between $0 and $310
If you make over $10,929, your credit will be $310.

I'm not an accountant though (thankfully :biggrin: ), but I think that is the rough breakdown

care1978
03-23-2007, 01:10 AM
I think it boils down to this:

When people file their taxes in 2008, if they make enough to pay taxes, they will get a credit of $310 (either to reduce your taxes owing, or get you a refund).

But if a person doesn't make enough to pay taxes, it won't help them.

I think the breakdown will be:

If you make under $8,929 in taxable income, you won't get to use the credit
If you make between $8,929 and $10,929 in taxable income, your credit will be between $0 and $310
If you make over $10,929, your credit will be $310.

I'm not an accountant though (thankfully :biggrin: ), but I think that is the rough breakdown
thanks that helps.... i guess everyone else was speaking German earlier...(kiddin ;) ) dont wanna ruffle feathers :)

baseball 23
03-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Dave: could you not move out of the country if it was that important to you? Is someone forcing you physically to stay? Are you not making a choice by staying and paying taxes?
I agree 100% with you about waste, it drives me crazy to think of the billions of dollars in waste and abuse going on in our system. Social assistance was made to be a safeguard for those who cannot work or cannot help themselves, not meant to a choice to say "well i can make more on social assistance that i can working" - not the point of the program and that's one of it's faults. I would hope, that some day, with minimum wage raises and incentives to enter the workforce, that someone could never be better off staying home on social assistance that out there working. What better example to kids and way to raise your kids by teaching them the value of work and a good work ethic.

The_Dave
03-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Nah, I love my country, I just hate carrying those who refuse to help themselves because it is all to easy for them to USE the system as a means for support, and this is the governments fault for allowing it to go on for decades. There are legitimate people who do need our help, but from what I have seen over the years, the USERS of the system far out weigh the legitimate ones.

marriedchickie
03-23-2007, 11:15 AM
We have taken all of our tax information to the accountant my mother in law just started working with. We were beating ourselves up trying to find what happened or what went wrong. We were trying to figure a way to up our rrsp deductions, or maybe take even more out of our pays to keep from owing next year. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

01_neon_rider
03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Why is it that everytime there is a post on here about money you always complain about how your getting ripped off.. and hate the people on assistance.. Some people need the help such as cherry pop. Look at her situation or did you fail to read that she has gone through hell over the last 5 years. Look at the single mothers/ fathers on assistance that would rather stay home with there children for a couple years as they worked their butts off. The parents who would rather teach their children values and respect the way that they were taught. Not the way they are portrayed nowadays. I know when i was growing up my mother worked everyday 7 days a week YES 7 days sometimes she had a day off. Because people like you that made her feel stupid and no good for being on assistance. I wish she would have taken a few years with my brother and i so we could have had our mom around. Yet my mother never looked down on people. She worked hard and for a long time and still does and you will never hear her complain about lower income familes or Middle class. She would rather help people understand that no matter what tax bracket your in low middle or high that everyone contributes to the city and the people. I guess everyone is raised with a different look on life. Some look at it as im getting ripped off while others look at it as " Oh, that apt complex caught fire or needs new wiring so a family can still live there. or "Look that park has needles in it im glad that i pay taxes so i can help with the cleanup so children can play there." While others look at it as " Oh, look it's welfare day i hope they enjoy the money that i worked my A** off for!:" Just my opinion...
Couldnt have said it better myself!!!:D BRAVO

Mandi
03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
We have taken all of our tax information to the accountant my mother in law just started working with. We were beating ourselves up trying to find what happened or what went wrong. We were trying to figure a way to up our rrsp deductions, or maybe take even more out of our pays to keep from owing next year. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Best of luck!!! I hope you get a huge return :)

mommahas2babies
03-29-2007, 10:01 PM

Hey, just wondering if u got any good news about ur tax return??? Hopfully u did!