PDA

View Full Version : telus phones

Pumpkin
03-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I hear they take cruddy pics and suck? Anyone have this and can confirm or disagree? I was thinking on getting one tonight.

kaj27
03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
They do take crappy pictures. Almost any "Camera Phone" does. Although some are getting better. Like the new Sony.

The RAZR is a mid level phone, Nothing wrong with it as a phone really. It's a bit wide though.

Go in and try a demo, See how it feels.

Pumpkin
03-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks Kaj27. I was talking to a couple friends who have friends who own them, lol, and apparently they said they take lowsy photos and in general are garbage phones. So I am going to pass i think. I haven't owned a cell for year because of the last one I had, a Nokia something, I can't remember. I had no service, didn't matter where I was. Middle of uptown, north end, east end, ect. It cut out all the time. I was in Sears one day shopping and it rang. When I looked at the display it had chinese lettering on the screen no word of a lie, haha. I answered and it was dead air. Not sure what that was.

So I am weary of phones anyone has anything bad to say about. But if you or anyone else has good suggestions feel free to share your opinion, I would appreciate it. Not something reasonably priced and no contracts is what I am looking for. If not I may just go second hand....

Thanks again!

user5624
03-21-2007, 04:07 AM
I find Aliant's reception to be a lot better then Rogers, and I use the Samsung A740. I have no problems with it at all, I love it. Not sure if you can still get this phone through Aliant or not, you may be able to in store. If you have high speed and phone home service, you can bundle it. My cell's only about $9 a month total.

kaj27
03-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Great option with Rogers is the Free Rogers To Rogers Calling.

Call any Rogers phone in Canada for free. Now thats a deal.

Rogers does have patchy reception in Saint John, But overall in Canada the best coverage.

Mandy
03-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I have a RAZR on a Rogers Plan.

The phone takes decent shots, you have to remember it is a PHONE with an additional FEATURE, it is not a CAMERA that you can use as a PHONE.

The Rogers plan is great, free calling to anyone on a rogers contract! I don't travel too often, so the coverage seems fine by me. The plan is $10/month but after you figure in the taxes etc...its about $20. Still not bad.

Good Luck!

vairscove
06-02-2007, 04:32 PM
We were into Rogers today to see about the 10.00 a month plan and were told the evening now starts at 9:00 P.M. What good is that to most people? Very disappointing.

kaj27
06-02-2007, 05:39 PM
We were into Rogers today to see about the 10.00 a month plan and were told the evening now starts at 9:00 P.M. What good is that to most people? Very disappointing.

I have that plan. The whole point of it is that I can call ANY rogers customer for free. So my girlfriend and most of my friends are fee to call...anytime of the day.

My phone bill after taxes and all those crazy charges is under $20. Now that's a deal.

dan j
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Aliant now has Aliant to Aliant plans that can include all Aliant numbers but ones classified as business. The top one also has 100 minutes for Aliant business numbers and competition numbers. More customers are Aliant customers than any other company so you get more bang for your buck. Clocks come at 5 PM, 6 PM, and 9 PM.

As for the initial question, if you're looking to take nice photographs, buy a digital camera with at least 5.0 megapixels. Cell phones have just recently broken the 1 megapixel mark and will be moving to 2 megapixels soon but that still is not great for pictures. The flashes on these phones are also not as strong as a camera flash; which itself is only good for up to a couple metres. The quality of the pictures shouldn't matter what carrier your phone is with as all carriers buy from the same manufacturers, Samsung, Motorola, LG, RIM, Palm, Nokia, etc..

Basically if you find that you're getting really crappy pictures then you may want to reconsider the types of pictures you're taking as the cell phone camera has many limitations due to pixels, light, speed, and distance.

kaj27
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Cell phones have just recently broken the 1 megapixel mark and will be moving to 2 megapixels soon but that still is not great for pictures. Th

Sony has had a 2Mp phone for about 2 years now. Also their 3.2Mp phone with a REAL flash has been out for awhile now.

megz
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I had a razr phone.. i broke the screen this weekend lol and i take pics of everything with it and email the pics from the phone t my comp and they turn out great u just need a lot of light .. as there is no flash lol

dan j
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Sony has had a 2Mp phone for about 2 years now. Also their 3.2Mp phone with a REAL flash has been out for awhile now.

There ya go. There are some phones getting into a decent range for resolution but they're still far behind digital cameras.