PDA

View Full Version : Snowblower and Newspaper Flyers

Raccoon
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
During Friday night's snow storm the flyer delivery people threw a bag of flyers in my driveway. While snowblowing Saturday morning before work my snowblower ingested the totally buried bag of flyers. The paper debris wedged between the impeller and the housing causing the snow throwing mechanism to stop throwing snow. I managed with a lot of time and effort to remove the impacted paper but the snow throwing mechanism will still not work. I believe the newspaper company should refund any costs to get the snowblower fixed. So far I've made 2 calls to the manager of the paper's flyer section but she has not returned my calls. I don't think I should have to pay for the paper company's negligence and subsequent cost to me. Any suggestions on how I should proceed next?

kaj27
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Well in all honesty, You did hit it.

Much like driving a car you must be aware. But thats just my opinion.

Also there usually isn't much to fix when a snowblower tosses it's pins, They are $10 at the most. My farther has a tendency to hit his extension cords for the block heaters.

6sixstring6
03-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Call back and ask to speak with Jamie Irving, I guarantee you will get the desired results.

Raccoon
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah - it's not just the pins - I wish it was. Apparently if a Improvised Driveway Device gets lodged betweed the impeller and housing it can cause more damage than just shearing the shear pins.

icedragon
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah - it's not just the pins - I wish it was. Apparently if a Improvised Driveway Device gets lodged betweed the impeller and housing it can cause more damage than just shearing the shear pins.

Improvised Driveway Device ?????????

You missed a great sale at Canadian Tire!!! Shear pins 2$
I know it's not funny but it didn't happen to me.

puppyluv
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Call back and ask to speak with Jamie Irving, I guarantee you will get the desired results.

Sorry I disagree there. He doesnt return calls about problems.
We waited almost 4 weeks for the newspaper....prepaid and all.
He never returned our call. We cancelled the paper the day they finally delivered it.

6sixstring6
03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Sorry I disagree there. He doesnt return calls about problems.
We waited almost 4 weeks for the newspaper....prepaid and all.
He never returned our call. We cancelled the paper the day they finally delivered it.

i have called on a couple of occassions and was put right through to him.

Cherry Pop
03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I think the newspaper is responsible for his snowblower. They aren't suppose to chuck your paper in the driveway! They are suppose to put it in your mailbox! At least that is what they claim to my parents when my parents have called numerous times when their newpaper has been left in a mud puddle in their driveway. Needless to say, my parents have got many free newspapers due to this. I would just keep calling and bothering them until they deal with you.

macjc
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
my brother had a sears catalogue caught up in there, and he called them, they paid to have it repaired. call this guy, he fixes snowblowers, not to hard to do, has to take front end off. dwayne 847-0974

jg
03-21-2007, 01:07 AM
My son delivered newspapers for 3 years and nobody wants to
return your call from the Telegraph Journal Office.As I told them
many times....one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing
in there. The service is terrible! I do know that the newspapers are
to be put in the mailbox or between the doors.The flyers are not
supposed to be thrown in the driveway or on the sidewalk....they
are supposed to be put on the steps or mailbox.That is what we
were told when he had his route. Personally,I would go right in to
the Times office and demand to speak to someone in charge and tell
them that you are not leaving until you have the matter dealt with!
A Mr. Lannigan used to be in charge of the flyer department.You'll
get a story that so in so is on holidays....or he's not in today.... but
don't take that for an answer.I wish you luck because you are going
to need all you can get dealing with them.I could go on and on regarding
the many situations that we had to deal with during the 3 years.I would
never suggest anyone to take on a paper route!!!! SORRY.... I just had
to vent.

macjc
03-21-2007, 03:58 AM
my brother had a sears catalogue caught up in there, and he called them, they paid to have it repaired. call this guy, he fixes snowblowers, not to hard to do, has to take front end off. dwayne 847-0974yep

T-Diddy
03-21-2007, 06:54 AM
I too had problems trying to reach the Telegraph Journal concerning their delivery person. The house across the street from mine has been sold, and there has been no one living in it for close to three months now, yet the delivery driver still continues to throw the flyers in the driveway. there is currently 14 packages of flyers, countless catalogs, and a bunch of other junk that has been left by their delivery drivers, it is now rain soaked and all over the place! It dose'nt take a rocket engineer to figure out that nobody is living there! I called the city of Saint John to lodge a complaint, and I was told that they would not come to clean it up, and for me to call the Telegraph Journal. I called many times and left detailed messages voicing my concernes, yet nobody called me back, and still no action! I take pride in my property and I feel sombody should be charged for littering that property. I've been watching for the van that delivers for them, and when I see him do it again, I'm going to stop him and call the police to see if he can be charged, my neighbours have even taken pictures of the mess on that property. I was going to go over and clean it up, but then I thought why should I clean up their mess just so they can continue to throw more garbage there again!

Raccoon
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Update: Yesterday I left a message on The Flyer Manager's answering machine to call me back before the end of the day or I would be taking other action. I did not specify what action but I am not above strapping on a sandwich board and making a spectacle.
Anyways today I got a return call. It was very polite, professional and accomodating. They have agreed to pay for the cost of repair to the snowblower. I am to get it fixed and fax the bill to the manager. Yippee!
I'll post again when I actually receive payment.

jg
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Good fo you!!
At least someone returned your call.

T-Diddy
03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Mabey their reading this board, because I too got a call from them this morning telling me that they would be there today to clean up the mess. They even stated that they would talk to the driver to ensure that it didn't happen again.

rugrat74
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
The same thing happened to our snowblower last year and it cost about $30.00.
We never saw a dime from them but I made them come out and clean the yard and my neighborhood of all the unwanted flyers. The manager came in person. We get the paper so we were not even supose to be getting the flyers. They were being thrown in the back driveway which we hardly use. I was told they didn't have to put flyers in mailboxes. Funny though,my son is a carrier and it clearly states on his contract to put the papers in every mailbox. I think the flyer delivery people probably get paid more then his .13 a house.

Dreamweaver
03-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Those delivery guys are truly the worst. I was so tired of them throwing them at the end of my drive way, which always has a puddle that they never miss:mad: Or someone's dog would wonder by and eat the packaging, but only only on a windy day. And forget about getting off their cancellation list...you would have a better chance of flying F-16's out your butt! It took me months. Finally, driving up my hill one day, I spotted the driver, pulled him over, yanked him from the car, threw him to the ground, grabbed his bags of ads, and took off.

Just kidding...I did ask him to stop delivering and he did. It's been 1 year since my last delivery. Thank you, thank you.:rofl:

Raccoon
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Final Update:
I called the paper today to check on my payment. I was told that it could take a month from when I put it in because it has to go through Moncton. I was also given the option of taking payment in Irving coupons which I could receive right away. I opted for the coupons as I know we would use the gas. So 5 minutes ago they were actually delivered to the house (in Quispam) by one of the ladies who worked in the office. She even apologized and said that it was the paper's responsibility for fixing the incident.
I am very pleased with their efforts to accomodate me and even more impressed that they would personally deliver the coupons to the house.

Chinna Dah
03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Excellent, I am glad to here all worked out for you.