PDA

View Full Version : Think before adopting!

maprince
03-19-2007, 11:16 PM
When someone adopts a puppy, kitten or other animal, the owner is also being adopted by the pet. The animal grows forgetting his real mother, puts all his faith, trust and love in his new master.

We see it everyday and we all know others, maybe even ourselves, who do it too. We give pets away. You move out of your parents’ into your very own apartment and now think it’s time for my own kitten. 4 months later, you realize living on your own isn’t as easy as expected so you move back with the parents. The father is allergic to animals or the parents already have enough extra family members living at the house so you have no choice but to find another home for your animal. 1 year later, the person you have been dating for a long time asks you to move in with them and you do. You both soon decide to adopt a puppy. Well guess what, 8 months later you and your partner are living on the rocks, the next thing you are breaking up. Who does the puppy stay with? Neither, he is given away to another random person. The dog gets depressed because he was just dumped off at some strange place.

Please think before adopting an animal, especially a dog and cat because they can be found for free. They are not a piece of clothing or decoration but a living and feeling family member.

Please click the link bellow if you feel you have no other option.

http://www.petpromise.org/rehome.html

jdcb
03-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Sorry, I have to be pessimistic on this one.

The future is unforseable. Even the best pet owners are labled as immoral by pet adoption agencies because at one point they had to turn in a pet to a rescue league. Then, a year or so down the road they wish to have another animal as thier situation has improved, they pretty much get laughed at.

My mother found a cat laying in the middle of the road with no collar, 2 broken hind legs and tail. Took it to a rescue clinic who had her take it right to the vet. This was not my mothers pet, but the rescue league called the vet and asked what happened. My mother could not afford to pay the outrageous money the vet wanted for a pet that wasn't hers. Vet told the league that my mom abandoned the cat and wasn't fit for animals, after the vet waited 3 days leaving the cat completely untreated before trying to contact her.

Just a few months ago she wanted a dog and was turned down because of this vets report to the league. So now, a dog at the League who would have had a grade A 'forever home' as they call it probably won't find a home and get put down. Way to look out for that dog...

Cherry Pop
03-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Well I was dating a guy who hated my cat and my cat hated him. Guess who got booted - THE GUY. Nobody comes between me and my kitty ever. My kitty is the king of this home!!

puppyluv
03-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Jdcb, there is also the spca to work with. I applaud your Mom for trying to help the cat. If the vets couldnt help her with it, then shame on the vet!

jdcb
03-20-2007, 07:52 AM
I just feel that happens too often...

I had a friend that was volunteering at a particular vets office (won't tell) and there was this cat there just laying there in pain for 3 days...

turns out she had parvo or something and the vet was supposed to put her down 3 days ago but just hadn't gotten around to it...