PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wreaths & Decorations

Crystalbeach
03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
ok...so it's almost the end of March...is there any reason, other than major laziness, why people cannot get the wreaths off their front doors and the decorations of the front of their houses...??

dmbeyea
03-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I still have my icicle lights up as I do not want to go through what I had to this past year to put them up again , I am a short person, try standing on a chair, reaching above your head all the way and staple lights abover your head. IT hard work took me almost 2 hours just to put up half a set of lights, so needless to say my lights are staying up.

eagallant
03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, laziness is up there. I finally took my (indoor) decorations down Dec 30, 2006. Not bad eh. Except that I put them up November 2005!! My Xmas decorations - tree and all, were up for over a year! At first I was just too lazy to take them down and then the Rogers guy came in & said it was cool that I had a Christmas room. That did it and I left them up for over a year. Loved it!!

Elizabeth

rubycshells
03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
ok...so it's almost the end of March...is there any reason, other than major laziness, why people cannot get the wreaths off their front doors and the decorations of the front of their houses...??

and this bothers you because?????

but I guess in my thinking I worry more about my kid's health and whether the mortgage is paid rather than what anyone in my neighborhood is doing.

trinity
03-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I just took my wreath off the door march 1. My problem was I kept missing compost day and didn't want to drag it through the house dropping pine needles everywhere so I just kept leaving it on the door hoping it would remind me to take the ribbons etc off and put it out for compost. Problem is, I get off work at 7 am and by the time I come home, the only thing on my mind usually is B-E-D. On the Wednesdays I didnt work, I often miss putting out garbage because I sleep in late so it was a never-ending cycle of leaving it there to remind myself and forgetting anyway. As far as actual garbage, we recycle and compost so much that I only have a small sobeys bag a week of actual trash, so missing it is never a big deal.

artemisrane
03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
If people are too lazy to take their house down then so be it! I would just request that if you are leaving them up to turn them on once in a while for a little Holiday cheer all year round ;) :rofl: jussst kidding

dmbeyea
03-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I do turn my on sometime, espically at night
looks all pretty when we have snow, and I"m sure I will be kewl having them on in the middle of the summer time having a few drinks and bbqing lol

artemisrane
03-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Now that's what I'm talking 'bout dmb!

jdcb
03-20-2007, 07:54 AM
I was down home last weekend, and one guy decided to put his lights on...

CrazyPeanut
03-20-2007, 08:28 AM
It took me so long to get em up, why would I take em down. I worked hard at it. I even made my finger bleed when I was putting up the lights. They are staying until I feel ready to take em down! :)

eagallant
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
It was funny at Halloween because part of the house was decorated for Halloween and the livingroom was full blown Christmas. I was in the livingroom looking out the window & noticed a little 3 yr old girls peeking in the window. She was in awe that Santa was here already. It was so cute. We had 17 kids for our Halloween party and we went with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It was alot of fun. BUT, I had to redecorate the tree for the kids Christmas party. Everyone was tired of looking at the same tree for the past 13 months. :rofl:
Elizabeth

Mandi
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I do turn my on sometime, espically at night
looks all pretty when we have snow, and I"m sure I will be kewl having them on in the middle of the summer time having a few drinks and bbqing lol

Put little rubber chili pepers on them! the're like $.10 each at Spurs in brunswick square, (if they're still there.) We did that once, riot.

icedragon
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM

I'm not lazy, I'm getting a head start for next year. Christmas is coming you know. I'm already starting to brush up on my christmas paino playing.

eagallant
03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Love the chili pepper idea and the "getting ready for next Christmas". Right up my alley!:p