PDA

View Full Version : bottle nipples

smith
03-18-2007, 08:38 AM
does any body know what size nipples is best for a new born baby i have size two nipples that came with the bottles . but i think it comes out two fast for him . it even says on the box it's a fast flow. i have playtex advantage . my son is still in the hospital they say he has acid reflux.

ChelorSean
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
hi,
i found the nipples that come with the bottles are way too fast.my son was finishing a bottle in 5 minutes with the nipples so we went and bought him slow flow and now the gas is gone and ye it takes him longer to drink but it works in the long run.

kenjabbie
03-18-2007, 09:28 AM
If you buy just the nipples, the packages will tell you what size the nipples are and the age of the baby they are for. I usually bought ours at Walmart or the Superstore, but you can buy them just about any store that sells baby products. The nipples would be in the same area as the bottles, cups, etc. If you have playtex advantage, you will need to find a pakage of nipples that says the name, playtex advantage. I found a web site that may be helpful about choosing nipples and bottles, www.BabyCenter.com . In the search area at the top left you can type in ''bottles and nipples'' and it will take you to a list, and # 5 on the list says "Choosing bottles and nipples". Hopefully it will help. Good luck and congratulations to you and your little angel.

mama2be
03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I have always used the slow flow nipples by playtex. the fast flow or stage 2 nipples were too fast and she either choked on her formula or it was just always overflowing out of her mouth!

megz
03-18-2007, 07:09 PM
make sure you buy the clear ones !! the brown ones are gross !!

elaine30
03-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I sent you a pm!

tish
03-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I hope your little one is out of hospital soon..how old?

Cartersmom
03-19-2007, 12:19 AM
yeah, but the clear silicone ones..and they'll say on the front "slow flow" , get the slow flow ones for little babies :)

smith
03-19-2007, 08:42 AM
he's still in the hosital and he's only a month old he's in there for throwing up his formula . they don't have a clue what is wrong with him yet at all. they keep on telling me different stuff.

ChelorSean
03-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Just thought i would throw this in here.....some babies are picky and don't like different nipples so it might take a little bit.As well not all babies like the clear ones!My first son is three and thats all he wanted was the clear but my second who is only 6 months will have nothing to do it them so he has the brown ones!there is nothing wrong with them you just have to watch them and they tend to get change a little more then the clear because they will get sticky feeling after being washed.the only one thing you need to worry about is making sure its slow flow and that your baby likes them.good luck and i hope your baby is home with you soon!:)

ChelorSean
03-19-2007, 08:46 AM
hang in there they will find out why and things will get better.best of wishes for you and your family!!!

mommahas2babies
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
maybe its not the nipple or refluc.. maybe its an alergy... after much trial and error we found out my daughter is allergic to both SOY and Dairy... So we got her on Aliumentum its made out of potatoe skins.. its stinks but it works! no more baby puke! I wish she would have breastfed longer! P.S. The alimentum is only available at Sobeys and its 8.00 for 4 cans but u can get a prescription from your dr and get it free by the case (24 cans) from the mercantile you get 6 cases a month... hope that helps and hope your little one comes home soon!