PDA

View Full Version : Osteo-arthritis OA

puppyluv
03-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Looking for people that have this, or rheumatiod as well, wanting to know if anyone has some tips etc they use for living with this...
trying not to let it control my life, but it gets a bit hard.
Just wondering who has what and how you deal with it.

I have both types or arthritis & ankylosing spondylitisand have used almost every med, but now I usually stick with Belle Shark cartlidge, some naprosyn and Tylenols (t.y Tylenol)..

Cherry Pop
03-23-2007, 01:27 AM
I can't believe nobody responded to your post! I thought that alot of people had this. I don't have this but I do feel for others who suffer. Sorry you have to suffer with this.

puppyluv
03-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Cherry Pop.,
it is so scary to see how this terible disease has affected people. I am lucky, with all that crap I can still walk etc...even if I do resemble a penguin on some days. I have met people who are so crippled up they cant walk 4 steps for the pain of it.:(
I can only hope more breakthroughs in arthritis treatment are in the near future.

wiggy
03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Cherry Pop.,
it is so scary to see how this terible disease has affected people. I am lucky, with all that crap I can still walk etc...even if I do resemble a penguin on some days. I have met people who are so crippled up they cant walk 4 steps for the pain of it.:(
I can only hope more breakthroughs in arthritis treatment are in the near future.

i have rheumatiod arthritics and i take 12 pillsand pure codine everyday also a vitamin and actonel once a week ,plus methotrexate by injections once a week also had knee replace and hip and they are looking at the other knee ,plus i have shots of corson a couple time a year on arms

krissie
03-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Looking for people that have this, or rheumatiod as well, wanting to know if anyone has some tips etc they use for living with this...
trying not to let it control my life, but it gets a bit hard.
Just wondering who has what and how you deal with it.

I have both types or arthritis & ankylosing spondylitisand have used almost every med, but now I usually stick with Belle Shark cartlidge, some naprosyn and Tylenols (t.y Tylenol)..

You need to be careful using Naprosyn as it is a very harsh drug, my daughter has rheumatoid arthritis since about the age of two (she is now 16) and that was the first drug they put her on, it damaged alot of her bowel to the point at one time they even thought she had crohn's or colitis (thankfully she didn't and the bowel has mended itself over the years)

She has been on many different meds over the years but the best we have found is cortizone injections to put her into remission, lots of physio therapy, ice packs & heat oh yeah and advil for the real bad days. Even though she is in pain pretty much everyday of life, she is very athletic and even plays on her high school girls hockey team, she just won't let it keep her down.

Good luck Puppyluv and I hope you find something to ease up your pain because watching what my daughter goes through is absoultey horrible at times