PDA

View Full Version : Value Village too funny

inuit
07-26-2010, 12:35 PM
My best friend was trying to sell an antique sewing machine at yard sales for 50 dollars then she reduced it to 40 dollars but no takers. Then I posted it online to give it away but still no takers. She ended up taking it to Value Village and donated it to them. I was in there this morning and I see they have priced it at 229.00. Hahahah too funny. My friend could not even give it away now watch someone buy it for 229.00.:rofl:

inuit
07-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I see it is still there. LOL

Tammy C
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I would never shop at Value Village and this explains why, their prices are way too HIGH! Ridiculously way too high

KET
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
I know I have seen items there for $1.99 that you can buy next door at the Dollarama for half the price.

Some used shoes are priced at $14.99. Would you pay almost $15 for a pair of used shoes? Not me.

shelby26
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Sometimes u do luck out at the Value Village and find things that are priced good. I go in every now and then and check out the childrens things, I have a 7 year old who is obsessed with lego, so if I can find a bag for 4.99 with a few lego men in it I am a happy camper lol Beats spending 40 or 50 dollars at toys r us . I aslo got a bag of 13 pet shops for my daughter for 1.99 and each pet shop is worth 5 or 6 dollars so luckily for me that was an awesome deal ! On the other hand I find their clothes highly over priced, anything that has a brand name is priced as if it was brandnew ( crazy) I once found a worn out pair of tommy jeans priced at 15 dollars, who in the right mind would ever pay that much for used clothes??? All in all I would have to say if u are looking for toys, books, and household items u may find a sweet deal !

Freyja
09-10-2010, 07:35 PM
It's definitely a great place for books. Every time my stash is getting low, I head over there. Last time I was there, I came out with an armload for less than $30 and the cashier even threw in a free book (though I needed one more before I technically qualified to get that) It was my lucky day: I picked up a few standalones and three complete sets of trilogies, one of which was a hardcover still in the wrapper and easily worth $30-40, for $7!

If that's not a steal, I don't know what is :)