PDA

View Full Version : mortgage through PC Financial

ysbran
07-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone here has a mortgage through PC Financial? I am very interested in going with them because of their low mortgage rate. My current mortgage is with the local bank. My problem is this: the local bank provides me service I might not get with PC. How is your experience with this?

mizunderstood
07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
my mother had a mortgage through PC, but got so annoyed with their "customer service" that she switched to Royal Bank and never had a problem with them. She said the savings in interest was not that great, when you compare the lack of customer service she received. She said she got a lot of run around when trying to speak to a real person about mortgage issues. They also were double dipping her account every month. Instead of taking one payment of 800.00 they were taking a payment every 2 weeks of 800.00. She said it took her fighting with them for 6 months for the issue to be resolved. They tried denying that they were taking double payments even though you could see it online and on her monthly statement.
You also have to consider any fees that you might have to pay to switch your mortgage to another lender. That alone might eat up any "savings" by going with PC.
Maybe look into CIBC. They should have similar interest rates,(since PC is owned by CIBC) and their customer service is great.
Having said all that, I bank with PC (no mortgage lol) and I enjoy the benefits. No bank fees, earn money every time I use my bank card towards groceries, great customer service (phone).

matthew_scott
07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Our mortgage is with PC, has been for about 4 years. Never had an issue with them. We switched from RBC and it went flawlessly.