PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing problem?

gdh
07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure who to call, so I'm asking for advice. We're in the city, and our water pressure has been dropping for the last couple months or so. It takes almost 2 hours to wash a load of clothes because the washer is so slow to fill. What's strange is, with all of the taps & toilets turned off, I can hear water moving, like water is running somewhere. I've checked all of the visible pipes, and I don't see any water or water damage. We're in a self-contained home, so it's not someone else running water. Any ideas?

mustang
07-26-2010, 06:18 PM
You probably have a leak in the line coming to your house. Call the city they will check it for you. If it is on the city side of the shut off the fix is free. If on your side you are on the hook. Mine was leaking at the road but I could hear it in the house.

gdh
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
You probably have a leak in the line coming to your house. Call the city they will check it for you. If it is on the city side of the shut off the fix is free. If on your side you are on the hook. Mine was leaking at the road but I could hear it in the house.

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's on my side of the shutoff.