PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to read???

tred816
12-13-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm looking for opinions on this topic as I'm an aspiring author, but need to narrow my vision down to one area and would like to know what people are looking for.

I, myself, would read the back of a toilet paper package if the urge hit me, but that's besides the point lol.

So, if you were to give a fellow NB'er a suggestion for a book...what would it be?

Thanks all...

Merry Christmas!

Eremda
12-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Really really good mysteries. Ones with a surprising twist at the end.

stjfairy
12-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I love fantasy,
christopher paloni(sorry bad spelling)
Anne bishop
laurell k hamilton
kim harrison
kelley armstrong.

I also love a good fiction political book,lol like george r. r martin, or king arthur books.

hiph0p
12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
the most i read other then my school books is star weekly magizine and the back of the cereal box and my kids books lol i used to read steven king though back in high school

jdcb
12-18-2006, 05:39 AM
I like fiction and Fantasy.

I like Lee Child in the fiction category...
and for Fantasy I like Christoper Paolini, and Terry Goodkind...

tag
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
fantasy readers as well.
Goodkind is fine, but I am really into Eddings, and Salvatore

jonah
12-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Fantasy and Sci-Fi
I loved the book Moonseed but noone knows of it :)
Stephen King and Dean Koontz are awesome writers as well as Anne Rice

Pumpkin
01-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I like reading the "paranormal" series of books, example, Haunted Schools, Haunted Cemeteries, Ghost Stories of pets, Campfire Ghost Stroies... you see them in Coles, sometimes in Walmart and Zellers and such places.

mamabear
01-14-2007, 05:03 PM
true stories are the best

Cherry Pop
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I like mystery and also real-life stories! I like to write as well and have started writing about my illness and experince with it.

pepsimama
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I like reading true crime stories, some biographies, mysteries too- I'm really partial to Susan Conant's Dog Lovers Mysteries. They're light but good fun to read.

tred816
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
keep em comin guys.:biggrin:
I write a little bit of everything. I tend to do a lot of poetry and short stories, but have so many ideas, I have a hard time deciding what to write my first actual novel that I submit about. lol
See my ad The "Write" Words (http://www.poetrypoem.com/writewords) to read some of my work. I couldn't put a lot of samples on the ad itself so I linked my website there. Not promoting my business, but would really appreciate opinions from people who don't have a vested interest (you know...:rolleyes: family and friends who just say what you want to hear lol).

fantasy
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmmmm well i like lit and fiction books,biographys,journals,some war,thrillers and suspense,some humor,physcology stories.i think thats about it at the moment.Probably more just can`t think of any.lol

jaxon
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
a really good murder mystery is great, with a forensic or investigative twist. i love james patterson, read almost every book. he wrote along came a spider and kiss the girls

tred816
02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll read just about anything that I can get my hands on. I'm currently reading Sole Survivor (Dean Koontz). So far so good, but he's written better.

EAMM
02-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I read teenager books. I'm reading loser and Miss Popularity .