PDA

View Full Version : Heads up!... Bank's Suck!! :)

macmike78
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
So get this...

I'm a social committee treasurer and usually don't get to the bank until I have like 50lbs of change. I've been separating my US change from the Canadian change when I roll it thinking I might make a percent or two on the exchange or worst case I figured they'd take it for par. Well, turns out the bank won't even take my money! Like WTF?

After a few minutes of shaking my head in confusion and trying to digest the information I've been given I had to ask... So let me get this straight, if I wouldn't have told you it was US change would you have checked? - she replied "no". If I mix it up with all my Canadian change and roll it again will you accept it? - "yes" was her reply. What if I told you to forget we ever had this conversation and I just won't say anything about the US funds? She chuckled and in the end still didn't take it.

I'm bringing REAL money to a bank for crying out loud and they won't accept it. Let me rephrase that... they will accept it just aslong as it's not organized for them.
Is it just me or is this like one of the dumbest things anyone's ever heard? I'm still baffled that I had to carry my money out of the bank because they didn't want it?

Confused Mike

NoseToTheGrind
06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh that is just foolish, I though it was against the law for ANY business not to accept legal tender no matter what form it is in....what they they come up with next...........getting more stupid by the day.

Fast Eddie
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
its pretty sad when money isnt treated as money anymore.

KET
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Your lucky they didn't charge you to deposit change. I have been the treasurer for a couple of community groups and it has been my experience that we are charged for depositing change each time. That takes away from fund raising dollars that kids spend time raising.

macmike78
06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Your lucky they didn't charge you to deposit change. I have been the treasurer for a couple of community groups and it has been my experience that we are charged for depositing change each time. That takes away from fund raising dollars that kids spend time raising.

I can't say I'm surprised. Pretty disgusting!

It's pretty scary that so many companies are so darn big these days that they can screw us over and get away with it because there's nowhere else for us to go. And as soon as someone starts a good reputable business with values & actually care about their customers, the big guys come in and snuff them out with a big fat cheque. What's even more scary is the fact that it's going to get even dirtier.

Vix
06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Banks are getting too big for their britches,We pay them to handle our money, they literally turned you away just because it wouldv'e taken them more time to count and roll the money, funny I thought that was what they were paid to do.....btw which bank was it????? Sounds like a Royal pain....lol

macmike78
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Banks are getting too big for their britches,We pay them to handle our money, they literally turned you away just because it wouldv'e taken them more time to count and roll the money, funny I thought that was what they were paid to do.....btw which bank was it????? Sounds like a Royal pain....lol

No, it was the Bank of Money Ogres. ;)

Chinna Dah
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I have delt with Royal pain and Bank of Money Ogres, and it doesnt surprise me in the least.

T-Diddy
06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
We don't Trust Canada, it`s the same there too! Making millions and millions of dollars in profits each and every Quarter, and still treating us all like crap!

trinity
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
My only thought is technically American coin is NOT "legal tender" in Canada. We accept it as a courtesy and out of sheer lack of observation since their coins match ours in size, weight, and colour. Legally, business owners do NOT have to accept American money in any denomination, they do it to smooth the wheels of business. They don't take our money in Maine willingly beyond Calais any more, only larger centers like New York and Boston don't balk at payment in CDN.