PDA

View Full Version : TV options

coffeegal
06-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Okay, so I have my home and cell phone plus my internet with bell and am pleased with it. I would like to ditch R***** for my TV service and go with bell as well. Problem is, there are so many choices, I am confused. I am not much of a TV person, but would like to get the best deal I can for my teenage son. I don't have a HD TV, not into the new fibreop thingy. Right now, I pay about $60 a month for cable, and don't feel that is worth what I am now receiving. I am looking for something around that price, or cheaper, that is a better deal, perhaps more channels than what I have now. If anyone out there has "bell TV' or "bell satellite", could you please let me know what you pay for it and what it includes. I would appreciate any information any one could send me. Thanks.:D

jeeper
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I believe the if you can get fiber op SD tv for around 39.99 a month

Deriansmomma
06-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Alaint has a "whole home" bundle for $99 a month. That includes TV, Internet, and home phone with all your features. The TV service includes one theme package on top of all the channels that are included and additional theme packages are going down to $5.00 from $6.00 (if they haven't already). So your cell phone would be on top of that. I pay about $260. a month for all my services which also includes 2 cell phones (on a share plan) and I bought my computer thru them also so that's in there too, my TV service is HDTV but I have that free for a year and I also have the movie channels.

bradorna
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Alaint has a "whole home" bundle for $99 a month. That includes TV, Internet, and home phone with all your features. The TV service includes one theme package on top of all the channels that are included and additional theme packages are going down to $5.00 from $6.00 (if they haven't already). So your cell phone would be on top of that. I pay about $260. a month for all my services which also includes 2 cell phones (on a share plan) and I bought my computer thru them also so that's in there too, my TV service is HDTV but I have that free for a year and I also have the movie channels.

The bundle goes up to 125.00 after your year is up, correct? Either way it is still good.

mizunderstood
06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
I have the evil rogers. HOWEVER I only pay 103.48 a month and that is for home phone with ALL the features, unlimited NORTH AMERICA LD, (free), the highest high speed internet, a cheap cell phone plan,and cable with over 200 channels.
Call rogers and tell them you can get a better price through Aliant and that you want to cancel your service. They will give you a discount/free services to keep you.
Whatever you do, DO NOT GET THEM TO BUNDLE THE SERVICES! They stick you in a 2 year contract, and if you cancel before the contract is up you pay BIG TIME!

Deriansmomma
06-18-2010, 09:14 AM
The bundle goes up to 125.00 after your year is up, correct? Either way it is still good.

Yup that is correct.:D

inuit
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I got Aliant satellite last October and asked for a bundle package when I called but was told that was not availabe in N.B. yet. I pay 71 dollars a month for satellite and 120 for my phone/internet/cell package with Aliant. I like the Aliant internet because I get unlimited useand ability to use my laptop anywhere.Rogers have a cap on internet and charge you after that

jiggypat23
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I myself have had services from Star Choice (now known as Shaw Direct) to Rogers and i now Bell Tv (also known once as Bell Express Vu) and of course Rogers i found was way more expensive no matter what anyone says, they have like 3 or 4 packages to choose from and you dont get to pick and choose different bundles like Shaw Direct or Bell Tv, Shaw back in the say was decently priced and from what ive seen it still is and of course you get to pick and choose what channels you want. Bell Tv is also the same, decently priced and you can also pick and choose your bundles. all in all it would be a toss up between the 2 companies. but of course theres people who might not want a dish on their house or if you live in an apartment your landlord might not want one cluttering up the building then rogers or bell aliant tv would be the only alternative permitting service avability.