PDA

View Full Version : Rogers cell phone time

trinity
03-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Has anyone else had their cell phone go back to the time it was last week? I'm pretty sure I did not have to reset the time on my phone when the time changed last Satruday. In fact, I set my alarm clock AND my phone for 4 am yesterday morning to get up and drive someone to the airport, and it did go off, and I'm darn sure I used my cell phone as a watch all day and it was the right time. But last night I set it for 655 am as a back up to get up to supply teach and when I got up, it had not gone off so I checked my setting and my phone said 6 am. I ran around my house checking my computer clock and all my house clocks to make sure what time it was, I didnt want to end up at the school an hour early on top of my usual 30-45 minutes early LOL. What would cause this? I know that when I take a drive into Maine, the phone beeps, says it is now on the Cingular network and the time changes automatically.

Dan_Man
03-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Sometimes I have to turn my cell phone (Rogers) off and back on to get the new time.

trinity
03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I just don't understand why the time was correct all week, from Sunday to Thursday but not Friday. I set it for 4:15 yesterday, I got my friend to the airport for 5:15, and he definitely departed on the 6:10 flight so I know the time was right then. I used it all day yesterday at a school as my "watch" and I know when I left the school at 3, my phone said 3. But then I set the alarm for 6:55 am today and my alarm clock for 6:45 and 7, when I got up at 7 I wondered why the cell phone didnt go off too and I checked it and it now read 6 am. I might call them, this shouldn't happen as I sometimes depend on my cell phone as an alarm clock.

Dan_Man
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Could be a problem with your phone or the cell phone tower you're phone was connecting to.

Cartersmom
03-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't know, We don't use our cell much, I don't even know if it's on the right time right now..but my Rogers digital cable box has been driving me crazy- they STILL haven't fixed the time on it! It usually gets pinged automatically but I heard they have been having "problems" with the daylight savings time since we changed the time three weeks early. Harper is stuck so far up Bush's rear end it's not even funny :(

trinity
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
It did it again! I'm going to have to call them! The time was right on the phone all week, then yesterday I was at a school and I tried using my cell phone web browser on my spare period. There's something I will never bother trying again, what a useless chore that was! Couldn't get anywhere, not even hotmail. When I was done and looked at my phone, it said 11:02 a.m. Fortunately, the classroom had a clock, and I could look and know it was after 12 noon.

kaj27
03-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know, We don't use our cell much, I don't even know if it's on the right time right now..but my Rogers digital cable box has been driving me crazy- they STILL haven't fixed the time on it! It usually gets pinged automatically but I heard they have been having "problems" with the daylight savings time since we changed the time three weeks early. Harper is stuck so far up Bush's rear end it's not even funny :(

My box is the same way. I just disabled the time for now. Funny though my old Box the time is wrong but the newer one is fine.

tish
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I called and they had me unplug and plug back int the box and turn it off and on and problem was fixed.
One of the easier things i have had to do with them...lol
Trinity did you try taking battery out and putting back in,,,just a thought

care1978
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
i constantly have to shut my phone off and turn it back on again to get the right time, it is really inconvenient, especially if you need to use the alarm for anything! :(

kaj27
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
i constantly have to shut my phone off and turn it back on again to get the right time, it is really inconvenient, especially if you need to use the alarm for anything! :(

You can manually set the time.

The_Dave
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I called rogers the morning the time changed because my 2 digital boxes did not have the correct time, they reset it and it was corrected immediately.

care1978
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
You can manually set the time.
i cant manually set the time on my phone, i tried, i took it to a kiosk and they couldnt do it either.... it was a pain!

kaj27
04-03-2007, 07:56 AM
i cant manually set the time on my phone, i tried, i took it to a kiosk and they couldnt do it either.... it was a pain!

To what kiosk? Rogers now has a store. If you took it to one of those "Cellular Accessories" ones, I wouldn't be surprised if they could spell phone.