PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the worst driving behaviour ever!

trinity
05-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Today I was coming up Westmorland road at about 3:40 PM. I stopped at the lights by Shoppers, in the middle lane intending to continue on up the hill. The light was red, and we did not have the left turn signal either. Across from me in the left turn lane a car was stopped. Another car was in the middle lane. The first thing I saw him do was go around the stopped car, crossing in front of him. I thought at first maybe the other car was stalled and he was going around it, but I realized we still had the red light for all lanes. I then expected him to continue left on Majors Brook toward East Side Mario's, but instead he went on MY right, driving in the oncoming lane. I thought "what the!!" and he pulled over and PICKED UP a woman who was standing on the sidewalk by the penguin statue. (It's the sign for the mini plaza there). Then he did a U turn behind me and went up past Shoppers. To recap, he passed a car on the left, ran a red light, drove in the oncoming lane, and pulled a Uey. Ok, in whose mind is it ok to do this ever, let alone in broad daylight with actual traffic? On Westmorland road at the point where SIX lanes going up and down meet SIX lanes going across? Where are the police to see this? No point in getting his license plate, since no actual accident occurred.

oasis
05-25-2010, 07:34 AM
I have my digital camera on movie mode when I am out. I film everything I see. I am in the process of setting up a web site where I will showcase the morons I see doing this stuff. You see it all the time. With video maybe the police will be able to do something.

Fast Eddie
05-25-2010, 07:51 AM
thats true, i also have seen many times people racing up that inner lane till the top then cut in front of the guy in the main lane.

KET
05-25-2010, 09:20 AM
I hear you. This city is full of drivers that feel they are entitled to drive where and how they feel. I drive the speed limit and everyone flys by me. Even city transit drivers are rude and pushy. I am all for letting bus drivers have a break to stay on schedule, but don't take advantage just because you are a large vehicle. I could go on and on about our bad drivers but that could take days.

stripekv
05-25-2010, 03:31 PM
i was driving on rothesay ave today coming up to the lights in front of ritchies, i was in the lane closest to ritchies and there was a car stopped at the green light waiting for traffic to clear to turn left, a car behind the stopped car put his blinker in and damn near well hit me, if i hadnt of jammed on my breaks he woulda cut me off and sent me flying up on the sidewalk..wish people would check their damn blind spots when they are gonna speed into another lane to get around a car waiting to turn!

trinity
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
This was not because of not paying attention, this guy WAS stopped initially til he apparently spied the woman waiting by the "Smart Centers" mall sign, and clearly made the choice to go around the stopped car, run the red light, drive in the oncoming lane, and make the u-turn. I would guess he was in some childish capacity "showing off" for her.