PDA

View Full Version : The Norwalk Virus in SJ & other Maritime health institutions:

admin
12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Article from the CBC:
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/health/061212/x121208A.html

Highly contagious Norwalk bug spreads to several Maritime health institutions

Published: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 | 2:36 PM ET

Canadian Press

HALIFAX (CP) - The highly contagious Norwalk virus is making people violently ill at several health institutions in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.

Symptoms of the illness can include sudden nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, muscle aches and a low-grade fever.

Health officials stress the apparent surge in cases isn't unusual for this time of year and there's no need for alarm.

Still, reports of outbreaks continue to come in from hospitals, long-term care facilities and day-care centres.
Dozens of people have reported symptoms at a nursing home in Saint John, N.B., as well as the Saint John Regional Hospital, the Georges Dumont Hospital in Moncton, N.B., and the Miramichi Regional Hospital in northern New Brunswick.

In Nova Scotia, there have been about 50 confirmed or suspected cases in the Halifax-Dartmouth area, where three hospitals have restricted access for visitors.

© The Canadian Press, 2006

SJGirl28
12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Yup Had That!! Just hit me like a ton of bricks, luckily it doesnt last long, but having that and being pregnant doesnt mix

user5624
12-16-2006, 01:16 AM
I think I had that the other night/next morning. My back, hips and stomach hurt pretty bad. (Quite actually) but nothing a good afternoon nap didn't fix :)